Who is considered a Somali? - Prof Cismaan Jawaarey

Even in that case on what bases can someone say raxanweyn aren't ethnically Somali?

Under what basis? What makes Hawiye,Daarood, Dir Somali that Raxanweyn doesn't have. The fact we speak Maay?
Yes, and the fact that reer SWest are a blend of disparate groups of various clans incl. even Oromo, that argument has been made, and remains active.
It's baseless and ridiculous and will never happen. The day Raxanweyn aren't classed as Somali is the day the Somali state will cease to exist.
See, now you coming round to the gist of the problem: in your own words, the day native Somalis in occupied territories are classified as foreigners, then reer SWest shall be in trouble.

Now you find yourself in their shoes, for it is being applied to you. Think about it.

Last edited:

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Yes, and the fact that reer SWest are a blend of disparate groups of various clans incl. even Oromo, that argument has been made, and remains active.

See, now you coming round to the gist of the problem: in your own words, the day native Somalis in occupied territories are classified as foreigners, then reer SWest shall be in trouble.

Now you find yourself in their shoes, for it is being applied to you. Think about it.
Those points are baseless though. I can say that Daarood is a mix of different clans even oromo clans. It's just baseless points that are useless outside of Fkd. If raxanweyn is a oromo mixed clan why did it get added to 4.5 system.

This is just hypothetic scenarios. However this law will be passed and Somalis outside of Somalia will have a process of being naturalised having to have 2 years of recidency before gaining citizenship.

Those points are baseless though. I can say that Daarood is a mix of different clans even oromo clans. It's just baseless points that are useless outside of Fkd.
You kee saying 'baseless', my boy.
If raxanweyn is a oromo mixed clan why did it get added to 4.5 system.
To protect their rights, as fellow Somalis, yet here you are wanting to deprive other fellow country folk of their citizenry. What is good for goose is as good for the gander!
This is just hypothetic scenarios. However this law will be passed and Somalis outside of Somalia will have a process of being naturalised having to have 2 years of recidency before gaining citizenship.
if one does not consider nor protect the rights, civil or otherwise, of one's fellow citizen, one is bound to fall foul one day. This new law might seem attractive to you at the moment, for you see no harm in it, yet there shall come a day when the same law, or another, shall be applied to, and used against you. I shall be there to argue your case, if still alive, for you shall not be able to.

Somali is an ethnic term so the correct term for a citizen from Somalia regardless of their background should be Somalian in English only ofc but I agree with the odayga since Xamar has forfeited its claims to k5 and NFD

HSM working on orders of his foreign masters of course.

It will not pass and even in the rare chance that it does it will be repealed once this foreign implant is removed from office.

It is also impossible to implement. HSM/Damuljadiid just obeying their foreign masters as usual.

All Somalis are citizens and we have not forfeited claims to our occupied land, in fact we should liberate the Muslims added to the colonial states next door and put under gaalo occupation.

mohamedismail

You kee saying 'baseless', my boy.

To protect their rights, as fellow Somalis, yet here you are wanting to deprive other fellow country folk of their citizenry. What is good for goose is as good for the gander!

if one does not consider nor protect the rights, civil or otherwise, of one's fellow citizen, one is bound to fall foul one day. This new law might seem attractive to you at the moment, for you see no harm in it, yet there shall come a day when the same law, or another, shall be applied to, and used against you. I shall be there to argue your case, if still alive, for you shall not be able to.
I doubt that day will come. Us Reewins have already been dealt the bad hand in the past. We really don't have much to lose anyways.

We were basically second class citizens in siyaad Barres era. Somalis from Jigjiga had more rights and government positions then us.

I ain't tryna go back to that era. Somalis from the FGS must have priority then those outside of Somalia

Somali is an ethnic term so the correct term for a citizen from Somalia regardless of their background should be Somalian in English only ofc but I agree with the odayga since Xamar has forfeited its claims to k5 and NFD

How did Somalian become the β€˜correct’ term for the people of Somalia? Every country decides their demonym by themselves and we’ve chosen Somali(s).

I doubt that day will come. Us Reewins have already been dealt the bad hand in the past. We really don't have much to lose anyways.

We were basically second class citizens in siyaad Barres era. Somalis from Jigjiga had more rights and government positions then us.

I ain't tryna go back to that era. Somalis from the FGS must have priority then those outside of Somalia
So, by the logic, things were bad yesterday for your people, have been wronged, and today you do not feel a clear threat, but are agreeable to other fellow citizen being wronged all the same? Did I recap the gist of your sentiment right?

HSM working on orders of his foreign masters of course.

It will not pass and even in the rare chance that it does it will be repealed once this foreign implant is removed from office.

It is also impossible to implement. HSM/Damuljadiid just obeying their foreign masters as usual.

All Somalis are citizens and we have not forfeited claims to our occupied land, in fact we should liberate the Muslims added to the colonial states next door and put under gaalo occupation.
That is what is being lost on these youngins. I ask myself 'who the f@ck sired these twats and foreign agents masquerading as Somalis? '

Who needs an enemy when they are their worse enemies!

mohamedismail

So, by the logic, things were bad yesterday for your people, have been wronged, and today you do not feel a clear threat, but are agreeable to other fellow citizen being wronged all the same? Did I recap the gist of your sentiment right?
No. Because that is assuming that I believe that this new law is oppressive to Reer DDS/NFD. I don't believe this. I believe that the flip side would have been oppressive. That Somalis from outside somalia are treated to tax paying Somali citizens. That is oppressive to me.

There’re no needs for it, as the same applies in most nation-states. For instance, Germany, both the ethnicity and the nationality is German(s). Likewise in Somalia with Somali(s).
What if foreigners think Barawanis Banadris and others are ethnically "Somalis" when they are not ? πŸ€”

No. Because that is assuming that I believe that this new law is oppressive to Reer DDS/NFD. I don't believe this. I believe that the flip side would have been oppressive. That Somalis from outside somalia are treated to tax paying Somali citizens. That is oppressive to me.
By virtue of its seeking to exclude Somali citizens in occupied territories is good enough reason to be wary of its consequences.

No one thought secessionist regime would shell and bombard civilian population in Las Anod for months, but they did.

No one thought the military regime would bomb, poison, and murder its own citizens, but it did.

No one thought the Gustavo would start gassing innocent civilians in the millions, but they did.

As I said, you are awfully green, terribly egoistic, and sans a warm bosom to teach you any better.

What if foreigners think Barawanis Banadris and others are ethnically "Somalis" when they are not ? πŸ€”

We got bigger concerns than worry about what shisheeyes think of us sxb. And I don’t see it as a big issue if Barwanis are viewed as only Somalis by foreigners because they are part of our nation and have been integrated/intermingled with Somalis for a long time.

However, if anyone were to settle in Somalia today, I’d want to be distinguished from the rest of us. Let’s say that an Arab move to Somalia, becomes citizen and integrates, then that person is Somali by nationality but of Arab ethnicity/decent and so forth.

reer

VIP
There’re no needs for it, as the same applies in most nation-states. For instance, Germany, both the ethnicity and the nationality is German(s). Likewise in Somalia with Somali(s).
i find isaaqs who talk like that really weird. i understand hsm as he doesnt have qabiil stakes in ddsi. but an isaaq? damn. theyre basically saying screw my ilmo adeero itoobiya ha hoos noolaadaan.

i find isaaqs who talk like that really weird. i understand hsm as he doesnt have qabiil stakes in ddsi. but an isaaq? damn. theyre basically saying screw my ilmo adeero itoobiya ha hoos noolaadaan.

Not to speak for them, but most politicians in SL seem to prefers it that way as they’ve accepted β€˜xuduudaha ingiriiska na siiyay’. They also know that the moment they make it clear that they want Hawd back, that’s when their whole quest of secessionism ends because they themselves make claim on (former) colonial borders. It’s a case of catch-22 :kanyehmm:

Not to speak for them, but most politicians in SL seem to prefers it that way as they’ve accepted β€˜xuduudaha ingiriiska na siiyay’. They also know that the moment they make it clear that they want Hawd back, that’s when their whole quest of secessionism ends because they themselves make claim on (former) colonial borders. It’s a case of catch-22 :kanyehmm:
It is what happens when one is not guided by principles, but self-interest in the short term. But reer SWest arguing in favour of exclusionism wins the award.