Who is considered a Somali? - Prof Cismaan Jawaarey

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
The professor made some interesting points further explaining HSM speech.

Point 1) A ethnic Somali who isn't a Somali national ie. Reer DDS/NFD/Djibouti etc legally has to reside in Somalia for 2 years before recieving Somali citizenship.

Point 2) A ethnic Somali who doesn't have the Somali citizenship isnt a muwaadin somaliyeed

3) Anyone who is born to parents who have Somali citizenship automatically has a right to citizenship by law.

4) Jawaarey made a distinction between "Ummada somaliyeed" and "Shacbiga Somaliyeed" the first being a Somali all over the world and the latter referring to somalis who are citizens within the Somali borders

5) Another point is that the Ethnic Somali who doesn't have the Somali citizenship does not have political rights over the Somali government.

6) Ajnabis will have to live in somalia for a total of 7 years before being eligible to receive citizenship.

Last edited:

mohamedismail

I agree with the Prof in his idea of who is and is not Somali. What most people are misunderstanding is the difference between citizenship and nationality.

The reality is that a Somali citizen and a Somali who is a citizen of NFD/DDS/Djibouti aren't equal. They cannot have equal rights. One pays tax to the FGS developing his country the other doesn't. How could they have equal rights politically?

How anyone can have a problem with this I don't understand.

Last edited:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
diversify somalia kkk at this point why is the country named ''somalia'' when it's very diverse with different ethnic groups, also heard somalia will have third official language after af somali and carabic, swahili

I agree with the Prof in his idea of who is and is not Somali. What most people are misunderstanding is the difference between citizenship and nationality.

The reality is that a Somali citizen and a Somali who is a citizen of NFD/DDS/Djibouti aren't equal. They cannot have equal rights. One pays tax to the FGS developing his country the other doesn't. How could they have equal rights politically?

How anyone can have a problem with this I don't understand.

Doesn’t this also apply to diaspora Somalis who in many cases also have/retained their Somali citizenship?

mohamedismail

Doesn’t this also apply to diaspora Somalis who in many cases also have/retained their Somali citizenship?
100% if I'm not mistaken they would have to live in Somalia for 2 years before gaining their citizenship. I personally don't see an issue with that.

I advice everyone to get it if your Somali, once the Oil starts flowing it will become like Qatar and UAE, hard to get citizenship.

You think these people, who send Somali women to work as maids in Saudi Arabia or allowed non-athletes to disgrace us on the world-stage, will develop a nation? You need self-pride and a moral compass, to develop a nation, two things most Somali politicians are allergic to.

Being negative isn't going to get you anywhere in life :mjkkk:

Somali politicians, especially Damul Jadiid, have no pride whatsoever and they routinely humiliate Somalia on the world-stage, just to get money.

They don't even have the dignity of foreign corrupt politicians who pocket only a little bit, instead of everything. Even tuugonimo has a limit, to all groups, except Somali politicians.

Most politicians across the world are corrupt, but African corruption is based on lack of pride. They have no xishood whatsoever, like someone who would eat xaar for money. They love to debase themselves, gun weeye, aghas.
Africans are trully shameless. When oil was found in the UAE the ruler of dubai made sure his people would never struggle again and made everybodies life easier

Now immagine if he was like a somali politician he and his family would live good but the rest of the people would starve and try to immigrate to europe and the country would have been shit.

For whatever reasons africans can not think like that they are to greedy and xaasid

reer

VIP
100% if I'm not mistaken they would have to live in Somalia for 2 years before gaining their citizenship. I personally don't see an issue with that.
someone who is the same qabiil across the border is not a full/proper somali and has to be naturalized because some qashin border according to this guy? kkk horsexaar. rubbish. labo ilmo adeer ma dhex gali kartid. stick to baidoa.

mohamedismail

someone who is the same qabiil across the border is not a full/proper somali and has to be naturalized because some qashin border according to this guy? kkk horsexaar. rubbish. labo ilmo adeer ma dhex gali kartid. stick to baidoa.
100%. You guys are using some outdated qabiil way of thinking. Second of all you are mixing up nationality and ethnicity.

Nobody is saying they are not ethnic somali. They are just not Somali nationals in the "7" region of Somalia. This isn't about full or proper Somali.

Same way there are oromo Kenyans and oromo Ethiopians. Ethiopian Canfars, Eritrean Canfars and djiboutian Canfars. These guys are all one ethnicity and related but they have different nationalities.

The mentality that you have is a backwards mentality and the reason Somalia is not making progress and moving forward. Somalia will never progress with that mindset.

100%. You guys are using some outdated qabiil way of thinking. Second of all you are mixing up nationality and ethnicity.

Nobody is saying they are not ethnic somali. They are just not Somali nationals in the "7" region of Somalia. This isn't about full or proper Somali.

Same way there are oromo Kenyans and oromo Ethiopians. Ethiopian Canfars, Eritrean Canfars and djiboutian Canfars. These guys are all one ethnicity and related but they have different nationalities.

The mentality that you have is a backwards mentality and the reason Somalia is not making progress and moving forward. Somalia will never progress with that mindset.

How is mentality backwards? The comparison you made with Oromos and Afars is totally unrrelated to that of Somalis.

The intentions behind the founding of the Somali republic was to be the nation-state of the Somali people worldwide. Hence the aspirations of uniting all Somali territories and achieving Somaliweyne. Neither Kenya/Ethiopia was supposed to be the nation-state of Oromos, nor Ethiopia/Eritrea/Djibouti for Afars.