Who is a Somali?

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
You actually managed to traipse your way over the most contentious issue of the debate: are Somalis in occupied territories Somalis, which is wherein lies the rub for the proponents of the new law, which seeks to exclude them by planting the idea of equating them with refugees in Europe and N America into the minds of the 'maangaab', who have already started parroting said argument? The shift in nationalism in just a couple of generations boggles the mind.

You are raising valid questions, but unfortunately the Somali law has always been through paternal lineage. Sorry walaal, who is this Darod noble chap you so highly speak of?
Im referring to the progenitor of the darood clan awoowe darood ismacil, I suggest you read all my comments so you can know the line of my argument. Cheers

Where do darood fit into this since we descend from supposedly arab darood ismacil?
It's not the same thing sister, the Daarood fella died in the 10th or 11th century, I had to google it now haha, that means his descendants have been Somali for about 30 generations or so. they or you are firmly planted in the Somali ethnicity-- example if i move to china and marry a chinese woman what will my descendants be 30 generations now ? would there be a debate about whether they're chinese or somali ?. i remember this argument was started by confused somali girls (no offence mudug gyal) on social media-- sorry to write a dictionary but this topic needs to be explained in detail

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
It's not the same thing sister, the Daarood fella died in the 10th or 11th century, I had to google it now haha, that means his descendants have been Somali for about 30 generations or so. they or you are firmly planted in the Somali ethnicity-- example if i move to china and marry a chinese woman what will my descendants be 30 generations now ? would there be a debate about whether they're chinese or somali ?. i remember this argument was started by confused somali girls (no offence mudug gyal) on social media-- sorry to write a dictionary but this topic needs to be explained in detail
Doesnt matter if its even 1000 generations. Islam tells us we are what our father is. So if darood was an arab then that would make us arab. Ya 30 generations of Chinese people who were fathered by somali man would look completely chinese but the fact still stands that their lineage is foreign. I thought we all agree that someone isnt somali if theyre not paternally somali. We darood clearly are not

Doesnt matter if its even 1000 generations. Islam tells us we are what our father is. So if darood was an arab then that would make us arab. Ya 30 generations of Chinese people who were fathered by somali man would look completely chinese but the fact still stands that their lineage is foreign. I thought we all agree that someone isnt somali of theyre not paternally somali. We darood clearly are not

Us Majeerteen, are pure Somali sis, just like the Daarood clan. Men lie, women lie, DNA results do not lie.

Even if somehow the ancestor of Daarood ended up in Arabia and then his descendant migrated back to Somalia, with no recollection of history, the bloodline is still Somali.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
Us Majeerteen, are pure Somali sis, just like the Daarood clan. Men lie, women lie, DNA results do not lie.

Even if somehow the ancestor of Daarood ended up in Arabia and then his descendant migrated back to Somalia, with no recollection of history, the bloodline is still Somali.
I agree with you 100% I just like pressing their buttons. We darood clearly weren’t fathered by no arab man as shown in the haplogroup and the sciency stuff. Im getting revenge from them for not accepting half somali kids from moms side

I agree with you 100% I just like pressing their buttons. We darood clearly weren’t fathered by no arab man as shown in the haplogroup and the sciency stuff. Im getting revenge from them for not accepting half somali kids from moms side

Joke is on them sis, plenty of Somalis hail from foreign male roots, and the only reason they are considered Somali, is because of all the Somali mothers that birthed them. In reality, they should do abtiris to a Somali hooyo's name! If DNA testing was mandatory to get citizenship, 100,000s would get kicked out.

Doesnt matter if its even 1000 generations. Islam tells us we are what our father is. So if darood was an arab then that would make us arab. Ya 30 generations of Chinese people who were fathered by somali man would look completely chinese but the fact still stands that their lineage is foreign. I thought we all agree that someone isnt somali of theyre not paternally somali. We darood clearly are not
You're right, Islam does say that-- good point, even in gaal culture they take the dads name and culture. I think the best way to say it would be Somali but with very very distant Arab origins ? but I don't know how to describe it, but it's defo a good discussion to have in the future just not on UniversaL TV like the Dir wanna be Oromo guy hahaha

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
You're right, Islam does say that-- good point, even in gaal culture they take the dads name and culture. I think the best way to say it would be Somali but with very very distant Arab origins ? but I don't know how to describe it, but it's defo a good discussion to have in the future just not on UniversaL TV like the Dir wanna be Oromo guy hahaha
very very distant Arab origins ?
Na ah no youre arab and thats the end of it.
UniversaL TV like the Dir wanna be Oromo guy hahaha
Imagine odeys vs 1 girl fkd session :icon lol: I’d still decimate them tho. K bye gonna have suuhor

Their subclans are extremely oromo. These are straight up ajnabis.
Vast majority of the names are Somali wdym

How is 'Wadhowr', 'Xildiid', 'Alaale', 'Geele,' 'Cadow', 'Tukale', 'Cadaawe', 'Rooble', 'Libaan', 'Idoor', 'Geedi', 'Warfaa', 'Dalal', 'Robleh', 'Gadiid', 'Jire', 'Kibriidle' extremely Oromo. There are a few unusual names but that is to be expected. Of these unusual ones, Ito, Bito and Dayo have Somali meanings I don't know about the rest

Vast majority of the names are Somali wdym

How is 'Wadhowr', 'Xildiid', 'Alaale', 'Geele,' 'Cadow', 'Tukale', 'Cadaawe', 'Rooble', 'Libaan', 'Idoor', 'Geedi', 'Warfaa', 'Dalal', 'Robleh', 'Gadiid', 'Jire', 'Kibriidle' extremely Oromo. There are a few unusual names but that is to be expected. Of these unusual ones, Ito, Bito and Dayo have Somali meanings I don't know about the rest
I was gonna say the same thing. The names are über Somali. It looks like Akisho were Somali that got slight Oromised.

NidarNidar

Punisher
The thread is discussing about Darood’s origin and I’m simply pointing out that the name itself isn’t even Arabic. Demanding an echo chamber just goes to show how weak any of your positions are
Came across this, any truth to this?

1710940088026.png

NidarNidar

Punisher
Theres no such clan in sacad muse called aadan abdalle wallahi. In the later part of that page you will see they will make correction to hinjille or whatever aka aadan abdalle a dhulo subclan

UMOIl4Y.jpeg
"are said to be of galla" the way it's worded sounded like there are also non galla Akisho, I think they are oromized Somali, hope we get some 23andme tests done.

Trending

Latest posts