Hi I'm a Somali Chiro Doc

Bro I rolled my shoulder what do I do. Also what is the best sleeping position if I want a good nights rest.
It sounds like you have anterior head carriage with rounded shoulders. Most people develop it due to sitting for long periods of time. Your upper traps are probably super tight with weak neck flexors:

1714230618838.png

This could affect your posture long-term and even cause pain in the neck and mid back area. Do you sleep with two pillows or one at night? You should be sleeping on the right side with a small pillow or a hand under your cheek just like the Sunnah. Also, always be mindful of your posture throughout the day.

1714230549050.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Try these stretches to help with your posture/shoulders:

1714230354821.png

This aims to activate and strengthen the front of your neck (deep cervical flexor muscles).

Place 2 fingers at the bottom of your chin.

Gently tuck your chin in and retract your head backwards.

At the same time, use your fingers to keep the chin tucked in the entire time.

Hold the end position for 3 to 5 seconds.

Relax your neck for a moment.

Aim for 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions.

1714230386367.png

his stretch aims to open up your chest and shoulders.

Position your elbows and hands in line with a doorframe. Step through the door slowly, until you feel a stretch.

Hold this end position for 20 to 30 seconds before returning to the starting position.

Repeat this stretch 2-3 times.

1714230424022.png

This exercise will activate and strengthen your low and mid back muscles.

Position your feet and knees slightly wider than your hips, as you sit on a chair.

Maintain a chin tuck and raise your chest up, allowing your spine to be in a neutral position. Rest both of your arms down by your sides.

Now bring your arms back and externally rotate them so that your thumbs are pointing backwards.

Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and release.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
If these don't help after a couple of weeks, I would see a Chiropractor or Physical Therapist to see what else they can do to help. Salam

Thanks for the info. She’s far away from you and was hoping to see you, as she was excited about seeing a Somali in this field. However she explained that it would take far too many resources to come see you.

she reacted positively to everything you said and felt as though you really understood the issue at hand. You and her current doctor are on the same page, she has had an MRI and is going for follow up.
No problem. And no worries if she can't make it. Hopefully the results are positive and she starts to get better soon Inshallah.

It sounds like you have anterior head carriage with rounded shoulders. Most people develop it due to sitting for long periods of time. Your upper traps are probably super tight with weak neck flexors:

View attachment 326759

This could affect your posture long-term and even cause pain in the neck and mid back area. Do you sleep with two pillows or one at night? You should be sleeping on the right side with a small pillow or a hand under your cheek just like the Sunnah. Also, always be mindful of your posture throughout the day.

View attachment 326758
Try these stretches to help with your posture/shoulders:

View attachment 326755
This aims to activate and strengthen the front of your neck (deep cervical flexor muscles).

Place 2 fingers at the bottom of your chin.

Gently tuck your chin in and retract your head backwards.

At the same time, use your fingers to keep the chin tucked in the entire time.

Hold the end position for 3 to 5 seconds.

Relax your neck for a moment.

Aim for 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions.

View attachment 326756
his stretch aims to open up your chest and shoulders.

Position your elbows and hands in line with a doorframe. Step through the door slowly, until you feel a stretch.

Hold this end position for 20 to 30 seconds before returning to the starting position.

Repeat this stretch 2-3 times.

View attachment 326757

This exercise will activate and strengthen your low and mid back muscles.

Position your feet and knees slightly wider than your hips, as you sit on a chair.

Maintain a chin tuck and raise your chest up, allowing your spine to be in a neutral position. Rest both of your arms down by your sides.

Now bring your arms back and externally rotate them so that your thumbs are pointing backwards.

Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and release.

If these don't help after a couple of weeks, I would see a Chiropractor or Physical Therapist to see what else they can do to help. Salam
Omg thank you so much. Ever since I started uni my back just looks so off. And you are right everything you are saying is true I’ll make sure to do all these things you’re such a life saver!!!! Thank you so much again !

Trending

Latest posts