Which culture do you want to learn about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6534799821_56ef4d7f6f_z.jpg

393px-Panel_Almaqah_Louvre_DAO18.jpg
2nd is Yemeni

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Heres the actual picture of wargaade wall which holds the somali script Sorry its blurry though
6ec3165160847d4adec806af476cf175.jpg
:drakewtf:
What is this shitty quality, couldn't they have gotten a higher quality camera for this trash :draketf:
It looks like Arabic script with this blurry ass quality

:drakewtf:
What is this shitty quality, couldn't they have gotten a higher quality camera for this trash :draketf:
It looks like Arabic script with this blurry ass quality
Some say Sumado was semitic like ge'ez. Idk to be honest I just got a bunch of pictures from my whatsapp and posted them here

maestro

Cultural revolution
:mjcry:
It's just not the same :kendrickcry:
For f*ck's sake someone should have had the bright idea to write something down 2000+ years ago, neighbouring civilisations like Axum were doing it :kanyehmm:

Just because the British archeologists didn't find it doesn't mean it isn't there. That entire region is neglected archaeologically. the Cadaan poured billions over the decades into research in the Middle eastern and South Europe because they relate to them. That's why it's so detailed.

British came to Somalia confirmed Periplus and did some half assed excavations in Xafun. That's it for Somali ancient history according to them. FFS The biggest historic attraction in the region Laas Gaal was "discovered" in freaking 2002 :snoop:

If enough money is put into Somalia we'll find something for sure

Where are the last two pictures? Some sites are saying it's in Southern Arabia with more pictures? Some of the letters do not look like Sabaean letters though.
More people need to be sent to the Horn to discover these things

I'm not sure. I know the top pic is in the Northern Somalia/Somaliland region of Sool.

The other two, I can't say. I got them from the same link.

No. Though, having read the extract and the author being I.M. Lewis, I don't trust it. Many of his theories are outdated and have been debunked.

As for the ancient origin of Somalis/Oromo, it think I remember reading it was Lake Chamo in Southern Ethiopia.

I thought most of his articles were accurate? And also I don't think this is the same man, who you mentioned is Ioan Myrddin Lewis, and the one above is Herbert S. Lewis, but he did reference the man you mentioned.

And oh right, I the origin of Somali's was in Northern Somalia.
Should I post what he writes anyways about early written references?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending