Which culture do you want to learn about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
There's loads of information on the Journal of African History, although it's not ancient ancient, it still is something
:mjcry:
It's just not the same :kendrickcry:
For f*ck's sake someone should have had the bright idea to write something down 2000+ years ago, neighbouring civilisations like Axum were doing it :kanyehmm:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
They did. It was actually south Arabian.:mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:bell::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::pachah1::mjlol:
What does this mean for the history of Somalis and Somalia, though? Could this be the population we're descended from? After all, a Middle Eastern genetic component (super ancient) WAS found in our DNA. If that's the case, you could consider it our history, even though it's from a 'foreign' population.

No, Somalis and other Cushites are a result of a much older mix between Neolithic farmers from the Levant and Mesopotamia and Ancient Nilotic people's that have gone extinct.

Most likely those inscriptions were just a sign of trade or maybe tourists. The only Horner's with Semitic ancestry are some habesha.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
No, Somalis and other Cushites are a result of a much older mix between Neolithic farmers from the Levant and Mesopotamia and Ancient Nilotic people's that have gone extinct.

Most likely those inscriptions were just a sign of trade or maybe tourists. The only Horner's with Semitic ancestry are some habesha.
Yeah you're probably right. There's a lot of South Arabian influence on the Ancient Horn to begin with, so it'd make sense for that writing to end up in Somalia through trade.

Yeah you're probably right. There's a lot of South Arabian influence on the Ancient Horn to begin with, so it'd make sense for that writing to end up in Somalia through trade.
There may be some historical records of ancient Somalis, but i haven't seen any historical records written by ancient Somalis themselves. Why is this the case? Apparently in pre-islamic Somalia, foreigners recorded there were mini city-states that must have needed a script to keep records of taxes, laws, transactions etc like any other civilisation. Its really puzzling wallahi.
:cosbyhmm:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:bell::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::pachah1::mjlol:
What does this mean for the history of Somalis and Somalia, though? Could this be the population we're descended from? After all, a Middle Eastern genetic component (super ancient) WAS found in our DNA. If that's the case, you could consider it our history, even though it's from a 'foreign' population.
6534799821_56ef4d7f6f_z.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts