What percentage of the Somali population is Bantu/madoweyne

No FKD. No cunsurinimo. I just want a estimate of how much of our population is Bantu. Their women have more children than ours and they suffer less from drought/starvation due to them being farmers and being close to rivers and farmland. The statistics that show that Somali women have some of the most children on average are skewed by other ethnicities like Oromo migrants in the north and Bantus in the south. Can anyone elaborate on this. I also they were given preferential refugee status once the civil war broke and many of them were relocated to the states.

Last edited:
You sure bro that’s a lot. I was expecting <5%. If that’s true than the country is around 75% Somali if you count Oromo/Arabs and other minorities
Southern Hawiyes have incorporated the Bantus into their family tree. Many ethnic claiming Somalis in Mogadishu are in fact Bantus they have been assimilated into clans what they call, “qarameyn”

bidenkulaha

GalYare
You sure bro that’s a lot. I was expecting <5%. If that’s true than the country is around 75% Somali if you count Oromo/Arabs and other minorities
I’d say 80% Somali.

But not all these Bantus have non-Somali qabiils, a few have been assimilated.

Abaq

VIP
I don't know the answer to your question but what is madoweyne? Somalia has enough problems, it doesn't need the PC woke nonsense from the West too. The real name is Jare.erweyne

I don't know the answer to your question but what is madoweyne? Somalia has enough problems, it doesn't need the PC woke nonsense from the West too. The real name is Jare.erweyne
You can’t type that, it automatically changes jar33r to madow

Way too much. I would say 10-12% Bantu and 3-5% every other minority putting us at 85% Somali.
1661455415586.png

How accurate is that though the data is estimated from 1975 lol and that was before civil war where many Somalis dies increasing the percentage of Bantu
Many Bantu left the country when civil war started. Somalis keep making babies I'd say that percentage is still accurate. We'll see on the next census though, whenever that is.

Many Bantu left the country when civil war started. Somalis keep making babies I'd say that percentage is still accurate. We'll see on the next census though, whenever that is.
I know that but Bantu women have more children on average than Somali women. Plus they’re not affected by drought/starvation as much as geeljire/nomads since they’re farmers.

I know that but Bantu women have more children on average than Somali women. Plus they’re not affected by drought/starvation as much as geeljire/nomads since they’re farmers.
Who said bantu women have more children on average? Very curious where you got that from🤔

bidenkulaha

GalYare
According to my calculations using empirical data consisting of birth rates from other Bantu majority nations and extrapolation of existing data.
Somalis have loads of children. One of the highest birth rates in the world. We also however have high mortality rate due to bad services but this affects our Bantu population too. Who have even worse access to health services due to lands they live in the South being under Shabaab.

I think Somalia has become more Somali since the wars, rather than less.

No FKD. No cunsurinimo. I just want a estimate of how much of our population is Bantu. Their women have more children than ours and they suffer less from drought/starvation due to them being farmers and being close to rivers and farmland. The statistics that show that Somali women have some of the most children on average are skewed by other ethnicities like Oromo migrants in the north and Bantus in the south. Can anyone elaborate on this. I also they were given preferential refugee status once the civil war broke and many of them were relocated to the states.
I didn't even read what you fully said. You are saying that our high fertility rate is skewed by Oromo migrants? You need to stop smoking whatever it is you are out of your mind.

Probably 30 percent mashallah That includes Bantus assimilated into other tribes I’m just basing this of phenotype remember reading somewhere that 50k slaves were brought to Somalia in the 19th century alone inshallah they will play a big part in the future of Somalia it’s only right