UK set conditions for Somaliland recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
Go to Hargeisa and speak with Cali Dheere, he's usually chilling with his goat at the airplane memorial.

Go and give him 50USD and a bag of khat for payment. As well as your photo and ID.

After 3 days, come back to the same spot and you'll receive your official Somaliland passport. :siilaanyosmile:

:drakelaugh::mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I doubt foreigners will want to recognise so many damn mini qabiil states, the most likely scenario is that they'll become Ethiopian vassal states...
:pachah1:
It would be sensible if all Somali leaders come to the negotiation table & work things out. This qabiil xoolonimo needs to be crushed.
:wow1:

waraabe

Your superior
You'll never get recognised, don't know what's so hard to understand about this. That was the old UK/US position around 10-12 years ago when there was an absence of a Somali state, that was your only chance and you failed to garner support for recognition. I'll be surprised if there will be a Somaliland in 2-3 years time.

You will be controlled from hargeisa, time to get used to it son

I honestly believe the biggest obstacle to Somaliland being recognized aside from the AU is the Arab States. Somaliland is a peaceful, multiparty Islamic democracy that is the west's dream of a stable and reliable partner in the muslim world, unlike many Arab nations. As Somalia is an Arab League member they also certainly wouldn't endorse an active separatist movement against one of their own members. I really hope the Berbera port deal can get us an ally and long term partner in the middle east.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Doesn't Somaliland claim Harti/Darood areas? :siilaanyosmile: That is enough reason for him.

Somaliland-Puntland_Disputed.gif

I would not be sure about that. The border between Harti and Isaaq is relatively clear cut. The question is whether the new "Somaliland" must have the old borders. I would be very pro secession for Isaaq and Gadabursi, on the condition that the western Harti are not a part of it. Recognition can be easily acheived if Somaliland were to abandon its maximalist position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending