This is our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
That is simply untrue. Prior to the 2006 Invasion, which was requested by Abdullahi Yusuf, Ethiopia had never invaded or attacked Somalia in any way. It was actually Somalia that launched an invasion of Ethiopia in 1977.

The '77-'78 war was not the only war between Somalia and Ethiopia. They bombarded many towns and villages along the border in 1964.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Ethiopia had never invaded or attacked Somalia in any way.

Cross-border skirmishes are commonplace. They aren't the same as full-scale invasions.

The point is they did attack Somalia.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the history between these two nations. From the numerous Ethiopian emperors ordering their soldiers to either kill or forcefully convert Somalis in Galbeed to Christianity to the present Ethiopian leaders interfering in Somali affairs, Ethiopians have never wished for a peaceful Somali peninsula.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
The point is they did attack Somalia.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the history between these two nations. From the numerous Ethiopian emperors ordering their soldiers to either kill or forcefully convert Somalis in Galbeed to Christianity to the present Ethiopian leaders interfering in Somali affairs, Ethiopians have never wished for a peaceful Somali peninsula.
I'm discussing modern-day Ethio-Somali relations. Please, don't bring up Emperors that preceded Haile Selassie, and just in case you attempt to besmirch the late emperor's name, he didn't order any Somali to be forcefully converted to Christianity.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
I'm discussing modern-day Ethio-Somali relations. Please, don't bring up Emperors that preceded Haile Selassie, and just in case you attempt to besmirch the late emperor's name, he didn't order any Somali to be forcefully converted to Christianity.

And I gave you an example of Ethiopia attacking Somalia in 1964.
You can't just say forget the past. We have been fighting Ethiopians for 1000 years because of their expansionist mindset.

Haile Selassie was foul tyrant who killed 100s of thousands of innocent people. f*ck him and all his worshippers.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Ethiopia was against Somali independence, they were against Eritrean Independence, they were against Djibouti Independence too. They had a European colonial mindset and wanted to create an East African empire ruled by some midgets from Axum.

If there's one thing i can thank them for, they unite most of us genuine Somalis for our mutual dislike of their regimes.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Haile Selassie said this in 1941

“Eritrean people and people of Benadir, you were separated from your mother, Ethiopia and were put under the yoke of the enemy, and under the yoke of enemy you still remain. Our cruel enemies, the Italians, have taken your green and fertile land: they prevent you from ploughing it and from grazing your cattle on it. But now the day has come when you will be saved from all the ignominy and hardship. I have come to restore the independence of my country, including Eriterea and the Benadir, whose people will henceforth dwell under the shade of the Ethiopian flag. In this struggle we are neither alone nor without arms. We have the help of Great Britain, therefore I summon you to strive to deliver yourself from the alien slavery…”

Abihii wasaha calls the Italians oppressors but thinks the British are saviours.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
And I gave you an example of Ethiopia attacking Somalia in 1964.
You can't just say forget the past. We have been fighting Ethiopians for 1000 years because of their expansionist mindset.

Haile Selassie was foul tyrant who killed 100s of thousands of innocent people. f*ck him and all his worshippers.
Somalis are some of the biggest expansionists in African history. They are occupying thousands of hectares of Oromo land in southern Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending