The closest group genetically to somalis

NidarNidar

Punisher
I don’t see any afar from this guess it’s true we are not related to them. Allhamdu lilah 🙏
We are but distantly, some Afar have the same T as Dir Somalis, I have distant relative that basically became an Afar, this would of been around the 19th century my father informed me he probably ran away due to a blood debt, nigguh even has an Afar name, and found his offspring on 23&me.

Last edited:

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
We are but distantly, some Afar have the same T as Dir Somalis, I have distant relative that basically became an Afar, this would of been around the 19th century my father informed me he probably ran away due to a blood debt, nigguh even has an Afar name, and found his offspring on 23&me.
I rather join Oromo than afar 😂 they live in desert mountains area, and Oromo live nice lands. But

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Waryah @Danakiil stop trolling man. If we're talking about language the closest cushitic group to us somalis are fellow somaloid speaking groups such as baiso arbore daasanach etc.
Obviously. But he was denying Oromos are not close to Somalis at all. Just looking at our number system disproves that lmao. Also every single Somalioid group is admixed with dhageex's to the point I wouldn't consider them related to us besides lingusticly. A borana is 10000% more closer to me then these ajnabis

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Besides that this thread is about genetics too which is even more damning. Oromos are to Somalis what Amharas are to Tigray. No way getting around this

Last edited:
Obviously. But he was denying Oromos are not close to Somalis at all. Just looking at our number system disproves that lmao.

Besides that this thread is about genetics too which is even more damning. Oromos are to Somalis what Amharas are to Tigray. No way getting around this
Not quite. Amhara and Tigrayans are extremely close genetically while Oromos are very diverse. Borana and highland Oromo aren't very close to Somalis for example while lowland ones near Harar are due to assimilating Somali clans.

Yami

Not quite. Amhara and Tigrayans are extremely close genetically while Oromos are very diverse. Borana and highland Oromo aren't very close to Somalis for example while lowland ones near Harar are due to assimilating Somali clans.
Bro did you not see what @Himmler posted on the first page. What is with the oromophobia here? You think only Hararghe Oromos were accounted for those DNA tests?

Bro did you not see what @Himmler posted on the first page. What is with the oromophobia here? You think only Hararghe Oromos were accounted for those DNA tests?
How is it Oromophobia? Saying Oromo are to us what Amhara are to Tigray is just plain wrong no matter which way you slice it.

As you can see here Amhara and Tigrayans are extremely close genetically, barely any distance between them.
20231223_181542.jpg

Compare that to what Himmler posted and you can see Somalis and Oromos are clearly more distance. The PCA charts I posted also show this. With the exception of some Hararghe Oromos, Oromo whether they are of the Borana variant or Highland aren't very similar to Somalis because they carry Omotic or Semitic DNA which Somalis (except the ones in Kenya) lack. @Himmler knows this, he wouldn't equate Oromos to us like Amhara-Tigrayans are.

How is it Oromophobia? Saying Oromo are to us what Amhara are to Tigray is just plain wrong no matter which way you slice it.

As you can see here Amhara and Tigrayans are extremely close genetically, barely any distance between them.
View attachment 312449

Compare that to what Himmler posted and you can see Somalis and Oromos are clearly more distance. The PCA charts I posted also show this. With the exception of some Hararghe Oromos, Oromo whether they are of the Borana variant or Highland aren't very similar to Somalis because they carry Omotic or Semitic DNA which Somalis (except the ones in Kenya) lack. @Himmler knows this, he wouldn't equate Oromos to us like Amhara-Tigrayans are.
Don’t forget Bale Oromo. Those guys have a lot of Somali ancestry. @Daadhi Tarree is from there. He scored a lot of Somali ancestry on 23&me.

Yami

View attachment 312449

The topic is which group is the closest to Somalis genetically. Just like Amharas are closest to Tigrayans, Somalis are closest to Oromo. Are Somalis more distant from Oromos than Amhara are to Tigrayans? Yes. Does that negate that Somalis closest group are Oromos? No. I was just using them as an example. Not everything has to be 100% to the T.

The topic is which group is the closest to Somalis genetically. Just like Amharas are closest to Tigrayans, Somalis are closest to Oromo. Are Somalis more distant from Oromos than Amhara are to Tigrayans? Yes. Does that negate that Somalis closest group are Oromos? No. I was just using them as an example. Not everything has to be 100% to the T.
We have to be specific because Oromo are not a homogenous people. Hararghe Oromo are the closest group.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Oromos, particularly Eastern ones like Hararghe, Arsi, Bale and Borana folk. Closest to us you'll ever find. After them it mostly goes like Afars>probably Sahos>Agaws>Xabashis>North-Sudanis.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
He posted his results on here few months back. I will have to find the thread He also got E-V32 on 23&me and is now waiting for his Big Y results with Nebula.
post the screenshot of his results here wait matter of fact lets ask him to post his 23andme results here @Daadhi Tarree

There is a lot of Somali blood flowing in many parts of Oromia. In fact many of them are straight Somali. If they were to test they would come out 85-100% Somali. Many of my clan members as well as other Somalis live deep in Oromia with their own farms. I follow this Karanle guy ‘s channel.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
There is a lot of Somali blood flowing in many parts of Oromia. In fact many of them are straight Somali. If they were to test they would come out 85-100% Somali. Many of my clan members as well as other Somalis live deep in Oromia with their own farms. I follow this Karanle guy ‘s channel.

can you circle the place on the map where the oromos are just assimilated somalis? because @Daadhi Tarree DNA results changed my perspective on the oromos there :lawd:

Garaad diinle

 
Oromos, particularly Eastern ones like Hararghe, Arsi, Bale and Borana folk. Closest to us you'll ever find. After them it mostly goes like Afars>probably Sahos>Agaws>Xabashis>North-Sudanis.
Do you know anything about these wolayta that keep showing up as a close relative in terms of their genetic distance? They're not even cushites so how come they're very close to us? I have my theories but i wanna hear your opinion. Also what do you know about e-m58?

Trending

Latest posts