Sudanse Girl talks about her Racist Experience in the Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
Sorry boo, but you are black whether you like it or not. Race is how people perceive you. Not how you perceive yourself. If you look black, then you are black. Period.
Aborginals look black but they aren't?

People have been incessantly calling out the racism of the lebanese in particular. Is the intensity of racist sentiments in the country greater than normal?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Maybe racial tension is the wrong word but they feel some type of way about their blackness even tho most are black :cosbyhmm: I feel like colorism is too simplistic, its much deeper
The racial tension is mostly between Northerners and Southerners, and between the more Arabised ones and the more "African" ones.
I think the former is much more pronounced and serious than the latter one, but they both still exist.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
They are apart of the australoid race, they aren't considered black.
"Australoid" is a pretty outdated term, it's like referring to us as "Caucasoid".
They are extremely distinct from Africans though, calling them black purely on the basis of skin colour doesn't seem right at all.

They are apart of the australoid race, they aren't considered black.

ahh I thought you were talking about perception rather than genetics.

The racial tension is mostly between Northerners and Southerners, and between the more Arabised ones and the more "African" ones.
I think the former is much more pronounced and serious than the latter one, but they both still exist.

Yes it got so bad that south sudan had to secede, they still aren't left alone to this day smh

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Yes it got so bad that south sudan had to secede, they still aren't left alone to this day smh
Countries in Northeast Africa tend to have discrimination against sub-saharan (for lack of a better word) rampant throughout their cultures.
If you look at the history of Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea, and Sudan, every single one has racial dynamics that are very similar to that of the Middle East. Slavery of Bantu/Nilotic Africans for hundreds of years, followed up by heavy discrimination in the modern era.
It's shameful tbh

Merca

Inactive.
It's not uncommon with anti-blackness in the middle east. Funny thing though, is that these people cry about how racist whites are and at the same time call black people racist names. Isn't there also like huge Lebanese communities in West Africa?

Countries in Northeast Africa tend to have discrimination against sub-saharan (for lack of a better word) rampant throughout their cultures.
If you look at the history of Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea, and Sudan, every single one has racial dynamics that are very similar to that of the Middle East. Slavery of Bantu/Nilotic Africans for hundreds of years, followed up by heavy discrimination in the modern era.
It's shameful tbh

One would hope, that we as a people, would move past that but I guess not... No chance of that tbh not after what I've seen on this forum
Are you on acid? They're killing and raping eachother.

No shit,there's practically a civil war going on there

One would hope, that we as a people, would move past that but I guess not... No chance of that tbh not after what I've seen on this forum

No shit,there's practically a civil war going on there
"They still aren't left alone" implies the former is still messing with them.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Difficult to move past well over a thousand years of slavery :manny:
Even America still has plenty of traces of its terrible past in the views that some people have and the racial slurs people use. I imagine it'd be even harder for Somalis to move past an ingrained cultural viewpoint like that when it's had a millennium to take hold of people's minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending