Some Somali children are ashamed to speak their mother tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.
just get ur double and single vowels straight, i think that's the main thing that trips ppl up. other than that just spell it out how u think it sounds and u should be good. for example:

qaado = spoon

qado = lunch

or

geri = giraffe (i think :lol: )

geeri = death

anything with an elongated vowel sound should have 2 of that vowel basically
I thought spoon was "qaando"?

My Somali is terrible

maestro

Cultural revolution
How did you teach yourself how to write? I feel like my reading is fine lol just needs practice but it's the writing i struggle with

I learned how to write and read Somali in 2011. It's really easy basically English but even more simple since words are written the exact same way as they are said unlike English

vanpb.jpg

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
I thought spoon was "qaando"?

My Somali is terrible
shit who knows bro, i always mishear words too so i could be wrong. u always got different regional pronunciations too

to avoid confusion, change qaado from spoon to take. spoon should be qaaddo with the hard d, pause :lol:

rabshole

Aragaani
shit who knows bro, i always mishear words too so i could be wrong. u always got different regional pronunciations too

to avoid confusion, change qaado from spoon to take. spoon should be qaaddo with the hard d, pause :lol:
War ninyoo :icon eek::ftw9nwa::icon eek::yloezpe::4uzpnkt:
I think he is right though, i call it {Qaando} as well

That makes sense :hmm:

How do you differentiate between a and aa
What about writing q instead of k

This is like the same issue I use to have with arabic lol all the ssss sounds would confuse the f*ck outta me :francis:

That's easy stuff what I do struggle with however is d and dh both with writing and speaking :kendrickcry: you gotta roll your tongue to say dhuuso or dhameer o_O

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
:patrice:I've never even heard someone use the word qaando for spoon. Or even qandho for fever lol

rabshole

Aragaani
doesnt qandho mean fever :dwill:

@rabshole, do u even use the word qaado for spoon? i thought yall were malqacad gang :ftw9nwa:
The last part was a response t @Lucifer then i saw that he edited it so i deleted the later part.
Lakin sax qandho mean fever.

:hemad::hemad::hemad:
Its just that out of the 2 i would properly use qaando now which gang im in is a different discussion.

:jcoleno::jcoleno:
Just asked someone funny thing is
I was told the reer xamars say "qaando" and that " qaado" is actually the propper somali way of saying it :icon eek::icon e surprised:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
That's easy stuff what I do struggle with however is d and dh both with writing and speaking :kendrickcry: you gotta roll your tongue to say dhuuso or dhameer o_O
u don't roll ur tongue for dameer, it's confusing I know

ur right on dhuuso tho :lol:

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
My problem was that when I was younger I would always respond to my parents in English when the spoke to me in Somali. Somali greatly improved when I went to Somalia but when I got back I started speaking English again lol. I have not gotten much better this year but I am starting to speak the language at home. People just need to ensure that at the home they only speak their mother tongue otherwise they will have kids that can understand the language but cannot respond properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending