Somalians on Ummah Forum regarding to Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
So far, what I've read on the recent threads in Ummah forum and the Somalian language thread is that Somalians are deeply divided on whether they should be classified as black or not.

- Some identify themselved as Black and support the BLM cause because they felt the Ummah has abandoned them.

- Some criticize UF Somalians for supporting the BLM cause and view themselves as Somalian only. For instance, the prominent radical feminist Zaitoonah is leading behind the anti-BLM movement while advocating Somalian nationalism.

- Some identify themselves as Arabs and Causasians, and refuse to associate themselves with the African continent.

My question is what do you identify yourself exactly? What do you see in the mirror?

Regg

It is pathetic for a lot of Somalis to try to categorize themselves as Arabs/Caucasians because they're the popular race right now. But as soon as the rest of the world starts liking blacks in the future, maybe hundreds of years from now, Somalis would not hesitate to align themselves with blacks.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Somalis are black, full stop. Regardless if we have Caucasian or Arab DNA

Nigga f*ck off. We are Somali. I dislike people like you that try to force white made terms on us. You wanna identity by a skin color go ahead. Some of us wanna identify based on ancestry, culture, language etc.

Nigga f*ck off. We are Somali. I dislike people like you that try to force white made terms on us. You wanna identity by a skin color go ahead. Some of us wanna identify based on ancestry, culture, language etc.

White made terms or not, we're still black. Stop trying to be a self-hater.

I identify as Somali, color wise I'm not even black but brown, still I support Black people struggle.
:wow:

That's the dumbest statement I've seen today. Black people aren't really black either, they have brown skin too. Did you honestly think black people had just pitch black skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.