Somalia & The Jilbaab Phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people in somalia are poor. They are living for eternal salvation in the akhirah. Lets not judge them from our armchair because its the fault of the government collapse that this abrasive version of islam has taken hold :vo3yidw:
I am not blaming the people directly, as I said it is because our Government fell that the foreign forces could take foothold in our land and in the minds of our people.

I'm not naive, if this is to be reversed it will take a big cultural change that cannot or will not happen easily.

There have always been more conservative pockets of Somalia in terms of dress. Uncovering your head or showing your arms isn't Islamic clothing.
Family photo's as an indicator of how people would dress isn't accurate. Most of the woman in my family would cover their heads at least but back in the day getting pictures taken was a big deal, they would dress in their best clothing and get their hair done for the occasion.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
You're projecting your own problems onto my thread. I already told you to stop.

Maybe go read your Quran and Hadith and learn about your own religion. Women are not suppose to show their arms. They aren't even suppose to show their toes :chrisfreshhah:

Even your prophet hit little Aisha for going to the door without a hijab on

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
"Mind you, the traditional Somali clothes I’m describing are not immodest – its more so that they don’t fit into traditional Arab conceptions of Islamic dress" - how does a woman uncovering her head fit into Islamic dress? She seems confused.
:drakewtf: The jilbaab is Arabic. Not Somali. I'm not even going to defend your religion because It's bs. It's good you guys are opening your eyes to how twisted Arabic culture is.

That's because they didn't have much knowledge of Islam tbh, with the advent of the internet it's become much easier to spread information. Like it or not somalis are finally following the correct version of Islam

It was commonly known that nomads back in the day often didn't even know how to pray lol
No.

You're saying that the version that arose over a hundred years ago in the Arabian Peninsula is the correct version of Islam?:ivers:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Kulaha they didn't know how to pray. Even Ibn Battuta in the 13th century spoke of Somalis as being devout Muslims.

It wasn't the Internet that caused this. It was preachers and influences financed by Saudi Arabia. They and only they.

:drakewtf: The jilbaab is Arabic. Not Somali. I'm not even going to defend your religion because It's bs. It's good you guys are opening your eyes to how twisted Arabic culture is.

Please read the article my friend, she listed specific examples of clothing where your arms, neck..etc is uncovered, I'm not advocating for jilbab but this does not equate to hijab.

Also, please work within your community on the topic of modesty, you all have strayed far from the original teachings.

The prophet pbuh says to only dress modest.

I don't see anything unmodest with how our women used to dress.

Forcing them to dress in black Jilbaabs in Somalia is just cruel. The Jilbaab and Niqab were designed for bedouins who traveled in the heavy desert and didn't want sand everywhere.

Allah > Muhammad

"O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." (33:59)

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
Maybe go read your Quran and Hadith and learn about your own religion. Women are not suppose to show their arms. They aren't even suppose to show their toes :chrisfreshhah:

Even your prophet hit little Aisha for going to the door without a hijab on
You do know clothing rules apply for men and women right??
Except for the hijab there's no different between the woman and the man

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Please read the article my friend, she listed specific examples of clothing where your arms, neck..etc is uncovered, I'm not advocating for jilbab but this does not equate to hijab.

Also, please work within your community on the topic of modesty, you all have strayed far from the original teachings.
I'm not Muslim and I don't care for American women who dress like prostitutes.

Allah > Muhammad

"O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful." (33:59)
So don't walk naked and don't bring attention to yourself. Aka dress modestly. Somali women fulfilled that to the greatest extent.

Oh for fucks sake I got atheists who are ruining my thread now.

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
So don't walk naked and don't bring attention to yourself. Aka dress modestly. Somali women fulfilled that to the greatest extent.

Oh for fucks sake I got atheists who are ruining my thread now.
2 atheists and a christian wants to tell a muslim what the quran says now :siilaanyolaugh:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
People keep referencing Arabs, but they do not dress this way lol..

Somali's have surpassed Arabs as fore bearers of Islam:siilaanyolaugh:

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
You do know clothing rules apply for men and women right??
Except for the hijab there's no different between the woman and the man

Males are allowed to show off their ankles it's the sunnah. Women? :chrisfreshhah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending