Somalia - Somaliland Talks

Idk this meeting seems more serious with foreigners pushing this hard. I’m hoping it’s not a another igu sawir moment and nothing comes out of it cause what is the point of these meeting? Anyways RSL better play hardball with FGS :mjpls:

I remember news about the northern region getting more seats as promised by n&n if they get re elected so who knows
Can I ask you a question? Do you support Somaliland to ‘get more seats’? Is that why you want to secede more political power in Mogadishu. Serious question.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Can I ask you a question? Do you support Somaliland to ‘get more seats’? Is that why you want to secede more political power in Mogadishu. Serious question.
What other choice do we have. We should’ve done it long time ago get pro-Icatiraf mps in xamar. But capital change and two term presidency sounds enticing :mjswag:

Just like how the President can't go to AS controlled areas, it doesn't mean it's not part of the country anymore lol. It would be the same way if another state refused.

It's all Somalia the rest is just politics within it. And inshaAllah we will be hearing good news out of this meeting soon.
That's like saying I'm the Khalifah but I need a Saudi visa to visit the Hajj. Nobody respects your authority if you have none to begin with.

how is that gonna work u niggas has been trying to become a something for years give up :hemad:
30 years actually isn't very long in the grand scheme of things. We won't give up now because we're only just creating and strengthening relationships with other African countries so that'd be like giving up before things even got on to a start. AU will be the first to give ictiraaf assuming it does come which is honestly looking more likely than not.

What other choice do we have. We should’ve done it long time ago get pro-Icatiraf mps in xamar. But capital change and two term presidency sounds enticing :mjswag:
Nigga you have no principles. Wallahi you’re like a who0re if SL wanted political power it could have got it. Farmajo is an enemy of Somaliland and has failed at every attempt against us. The only thing we will talk about with him is recognition. Otherwise we don’t need to talk. If we want to join Somalia it would certainly not be with an enemy at the helm.

Ha ina ceebayn with that talk.

Ma masqaxdaad ka buukta. What the f*ck is 75 million. Somalia doesn’t have the money to pay magdow nor do we want it. On top of that somalia has no money and money that comes from the international community in the name of both of us cannot be used as a magdow how can someone give you your own shit as payback.
Farmaajo needs to pay 75 million dollars in magdow to SL.

VIP
Looking at it objectively, fgs( boost for a 2nd term) and Djibouti(vying for UNSC seat) stand to gain the most from this igu sawir moment. Nothing tangible will come out of this meeting and SL will feel stupid and duped

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
30 years actually isn't very long in the grand scheme of things. We won't give up now because we're only just creating and strengthening relationships with other African countries so that'd be like giving up before things even got on to a start. AU will be the first to give ictiraaf assuming it does come which is honestly looking more likely than not.
30 years is still a very long tim in a country that has fallen been falling apart yet nothing has been done to achieve your dream. Somali land died the day u guys got incorporated along side the rest of the former colonies

Last edited:
Saxiib you live in comfortable, nice london, and you are very far detached from reality lol Somalis have little say in their politics at the moment. Ethiopia and other foreign actors want a united somalia... so it looks like thats exactly what will happen whether you like it or not. Most of sland economy is aid, youths have no opportunity, they are fleeing as refugees in large numbers, its sad. The general population does not benefit. Do me a favour abti and move to somaliland, go to all the cities and towns, and live there for a year, and tell me that they are content with majority of Sland budget being spent on millitary, and a much smaller proportion is allocated to improve their condition and lives
You honestly have no clue. Most of the economy is remittances, but that's mainly due to exclusion from participation in the world economy. Ethiopia is pro-SL but only is mediating towards a united Somali republic because Farmaajo made a deal with him for a military base if he gets it done (Abiy). And the UN says there is strong potential for sovereignty, because of democratic stability and strategic positioning. Youth do have opportunity though, and undoubtedly more so than they do in Somalia. The general population would benefit hugely from international recognition as that would allow Somaliland's participation in the economy and attract more foreign investment. But Landers cannot be accepted as refugees, it's a peaceful country. Perhaps the younger population is more open to diplomacy but I have no doubt the older people living there are not nearly as open, and would support more funds being put towards the military. Our GDP is more than double yours, but we only have about a third of the people. Do the math, they already live better lives than Somalis in Somalia do.

You are an irrelevant forumer. SL is already part of Somalia, they are just sitting down to finally come to a political agreement. Wait for the details to come out like everyone else and allow all the calacaal.
Not really. And whatever the international community says, the reality on the ground is SL isn't part of Somalia. And they are not meeting to sign any such agreement, Muse Bixi is the last person to do that. Somaliland wants ictiraaf, and Somalia doesn't want ictiraaf. Nothing major will come out of this I assure you. You sound like you're from Dadaab with your 68 :mjlol:

30 years is still a very long tim in a country that has fallen been falling apart yet nothing has been done to achieve your dream. Somali land died the day u guys got incorporated along side the rest of the former colonies
Falling apart? Isn't Somalia known internationally as a failed state?