Somalia election 2016 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its quit clear faroole is going to run for the presidency..major reason why he didnt get involved in gaalkacyo..

if anybody can fix somalia right now its faroole..

1)he can play hard ball with puntland and get them under the mogadishu administration. in terms of tax, army integration, national resources and 1 national law, education and health umbrellas.

2) he is officially the last remaining old school politician that doesn't have to read from a piece of a paper to address a current situation. he wont look down when addressing foreigners. the only somali that could sit amongst our neighbours and would feel superior and not even equal.

3) he will have no mercy for alshabaab softies, man used to make them face the long end of the barrel in bosaso on regular basis.

4) he would karbaash all that do not follow the rules set including reer puntland but most of all reer hawiyaha.

5) he has a very good relationship with somaliland and during his reign somaliland would either get independence or be a fully functioning state in somalia. now two ways about it.

6) he is an anti amisom, and they wouldnt last, the somalia army would finaly be released of their chains to go after alshabaab, unlike the current admin who profit from amisom and probably have secret dealings going with alshabaab.

7) faroole is the perfect president, and with a strong and learned prime minister preferably isaaq would accomplish a lot in 5 years..prime minister deals with international relations and faroole home soil and direct neighbours..

sxb, before you ask tht question you gotta ask yourself first who has the power to appoint anyone in somalia..

habar gidir have more influence in somalia than abgaal..abgaal have limited say in abgaal lands let alone villa somalia.
no, its the United nations led by the USA and EU.. they pay the wages of not only the somali parliamentarians but also all the boots on the ground, these people litterally control all aspects of the fragile patched up admin in mogadishu.

xassan sheiķh is not coming back, you know this by the absolute halt in all the investments whether political, social or economical towards the somalia administration. not only they but also turkey has slowed down several notches due to not only the corruption but mainly due to the half hearted operation of xassan sheikh. he is a goner.

the next president of somalia will be no longer an unknown fella but something with experience and eager and above all one who already has a strong relationship with the somali governing bodies such as the humanitarian agencies the involved countries and alike..

faroole played major parts in somali affairs whilst heading puntland, and he is a capeable strongman..which is what we need, he will steal some money no doubt but who isnt, atleast he will play hardball with neighbours involvements and he will be favourable in the eyes of the world in comparison with xassan sheikh or gaas..

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I am rooting for PM Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed, but Faroole would not be too bad. Somalia needs someone who is strong, sort of like Abdullahi Yusuf, Faroole can fill this role. The only problem here is that he is somewhat divisive, people either like him or hate him.

At the end of the day, what will matter is whether or not a candidate has the support of the businessmen of his clan and how much money he has to bribe parliament.

It is a longshot today for any Darood to become president due to the fact that D&M and Dirta Woqoyie will always vote for Hawiye.

Somalia is a mess. We have bunch of uneducated fools all wanting to be the president of a ruined country and not a single one of them has a plan. What is more shameful is that the so called citizens of the country do NOT care and never hold their leaders accountable before and after election. Not a single one of them asks any presidential candidate what they bring to the table. It is a shithole country with millions of careless and lazy citizens.

I used to be against 4.5 but I was informed that the deegaan based MP representation is unfair and advantageous to a particular clan.

4.5 will bring the same people who failed to implement one man one vote system. The deegaan based MP distribution is only supported by Jubaland and Puntland whereas the other States reject it.

I have to agree that the Somali gobol administration needs to be reformed and the borders rearranged.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
I used to be against 4.5 but I was informed that the deegaan based MP representation is unfair and advantageous to a particular clan.

4.5 will bring the same people who failed to implement one man one vote system. The deegaan based MP distribution is only supported by Jubaland and Puntland whereas the other States reject it.

I have to agree that the Somali gobol administration needs to be reformed and the borders rearranged.

And you think you can get away with claiming MJ with statements like this:deadrose:

And you think you can get away with claiming MJ with statements like this:deadrose:

How else will the dispute with Mudug, Sool, and Sanaag be handled?

And this whole claiming MJ like it's some sort of prestige is really baffling.

Like I would gain privilege being an MJ.:damedamn:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
How else will the dispute with Mudug, Sool, and Sanaag be handled?

And this whole claiming MJ like it's some sort of prestige is really baffling.

Like I would gain privilege being an MJ.:damedamn:
I have question about that. Who actually owns and controls those disputed land between somaliland and puntland as of now?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
I have question about that. Who actually owns and controls those disputed land between somaliland and puntland as of now?
Mostly locals they Isaaqland controls or local militia bribed by isaaq control sool capital while the other areas are controlled by local militia who want there own state of course these local militia dhabodhillif sometimes hence why you got these sl/pl pretending to visit there but in reality they control nothing

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Mostly locals they Isaaqland controls or local militia bribed by isaaq control sool capital while the other areas are controlled by local militia who want there own state of course these local militia dhabodhillif sometimes hence why you got these sl/pl pretending to visit there but in reality they control nothing
So basically somaliland runs it?

Status
Not open for further replies.