Somali Mom breaks down on Facebook live because her son keeps beating her in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Why are Somalis afraid of going to the police smh

I know a woman who beat her child black and blue and when the police was notified the Somali community helped her to get the authorities off her back because Somalis think it's better kids stay with abusive parents than being taken into a foster home with gaalo.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
She doesn't seem well, I watched this few days ago and I am pretty sure she said she takes antidepressants medication. Why would she post this on facebook live? Of course she is not herself, she is depressed and mentally not stable on the top of that the issue she is facing. She is probably isolated and doesn't know where to seek help from and perhaps facebook is her only connection with somalis so she takes her frustration and anger out on there.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Why isnt the rest of her family intervening?

:mindblown:

What if shes a single mother or widow and thats her only son and now shes Goin public with it on Facebook

:hmm:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
She was married 13 times she said it from her own mouth and people also asked her. 13 times and she's willing to marry again.

How does beating up up your mother relate to Somali culture?
This is an extreme case but young men making their hoyos cry is not an odd thing. I'll tell you how, We have a culture of sparing boys and putting all the house hold chores and responsibility on girls. At a young age they learn to be entitled and to not answer to anybody, not even their father who are probably jobless and we're missing emotionally or entirely from their lives. Then we have the audacity to act surprised when these "men" (more like traumatised children) turn to drug dealing and violence against their own communities/families
:snoop:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
This is an extreme case but young men making their hoyos cry is not an odd thing. I'll tell you how, We have a culture of sparing boys and putting all the house hold chores and responsibility on girls. At a young age they learn to be entitled and to not answer to anybody, not even their father who are probably jobless and we're missing emotionally or entirely from their lives. Then we have the audacity to act surprised when these "men" (more like traumatised children) turn to drug dealing and violence against their own communities/families
:snoop:
Saying Somalia has a patriarchal society is a perfectly valid conclusion but that does not mean patriarchal societies don't respect their mothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending