• Ruthless warlord

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Liberation fighter

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • leader of a failed revolution that cost the lives of countless civilians

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Culture icon: revolutionized Somali Gabay and added to Somali Architecture

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • He want to subjugate somalis to his theocracy and become king over the somalis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Emir Nouri was Marhan and inherited from his uncle Ahmed Ghazi but all you are Good is trashing plz join ethopia leave Somalia to Somalis who love her

Ahmad ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazi was not Somali, Ahmad Gurey ibn Husein was, Al Ghazi is referred to as Al Imam in the Futuh, whereas the other Ahmad is referred to as as-Somali, and there is no mention of Emir Nur being related to Imam Ahmad Gragn Al Ghazi, and there is no mention of Nur being marehan in the futuh, the only marehan is Hirab who was a two faced hypocrite.

Don't make me school you.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Canuck wa miskeen, grew up on Kacaan propaganda rewritten history, talk from the sources, 500 year old sources, and not some whiteman sources.

Ahmad Gurey ibn Husein Al Somali was the chief and lord of the Habar Magaadle(Maqdi in the futuh), in the 1500s Isaaqs were only two clans, Habar Magaadle and Habar Habushed, Habar Magaadle was the four subclans Ayub, Arap, Garhajis, and Awal, Habar Habushed was the four subclans, Ahmad (Tol Jecla) , Muse, Ibrahim (Sanbuur), Muhammad ('Ibraan).

Habar Magaadle was the tribe that ruled Berbera in the 1500s, and their lord and chieftain was Ahmed Gurey ibn Hussein As-Somali as written in the Futuh and the subsequent chronicles.

Don't bring that kacaan propaganda to the table. Nur ibn Hussein was the brother of Ahmad ibn Hussein who was a Habar Magaadle, making Nur, Isaaq. The Imam Ahmad Gragn al-Ghazi had no brother other than Muhammad al Ghazi, this is recorded in the Futuh, there is no mention of Ahmad Ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazi having a brother called Nur, only Ahmad ibn Hussein as-Somali, and as we established, he was Isaaq.

is there any main ideological differences between sayed and ahmed ? they would probably be partners if he lived during that time period.

Li
Canuck wa miskeen, grew up on Kacaan propaganda rewritten history, talk from the sources, 500 year old sources, and not some whiteman sources.

Ahmad Gurey ibn Husein Al Somali was the chief and lord of the Habar Magaadle(Maqdi in the futuh), in the 1500s Isaaqs were only two clans, Habar Magaadle and Habar Habushed, Habar Magaadle was the four subclans Ayub, Arap, Garhajis, and Awal, Habar Habushed was the four subclans, Ahmad (Tol Jecla) , Muse, Ibrahim (Sanbuur), Muhammad ('Ibraan).

Habar Magaadle was the tribe that ruled Berbera in the 1500s, and their lord and chieftain was Ahmed Gurey ibn Hussein As-Somali as written in the Futuh and the subsequent chronicles.

Don't bring that kacaan propaganda to the table. Nur ibn Hussein was the brother of Ahmad ibn Hussein who was a Habar Magaadle, making Nur, Isaaq. The Imam Ahmad Gragn al-Ghazi had no brother other than Muhammad al Ghazi, this is recorded in the Futuh, there is no mention of Ahmad Ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazi having a brother called Nur, only Ahmad ibn Hussein as-Somali, and as we established, he was Isaaq.
liars

He got his info from a habesha blog http://habeshahistory.blogspot.no/2008/08/hello-out-there-to-all-you-fellow.html and the speculations from the well known fellow I.M Lewis.

:mjlol:

They will swear by the Futah al Habasha but the minute you tell them that Futah said Hartis ruled maydh and are claimed as people of Maydh they will instantly dismiss it and get emotional.

Honestly i dont care which qabil Emir nuur or Ahmed gurey was or which clan ruled adal as long as they were Somali, they are added to the Somali history books. I will not qabil warfare over it and for 90% of the academics excluding habeshis they are considered as Somali. :mybusiness:

But what it shows is that history/academics is subjectified and politicized, people deny one thing and claim another it goes back and forth like that.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
He got his info from a habesha blog http://habeshahistory.blogspot.no/2008/08/hello-out-there-to-all-you-fellow.html and the speculations from the well known fellow I.M Lewis.

:mjlol:

They will swear by the Futah al Habasha but the minute you tell them that Futah said Hartis ruled maydh and are claimed as people of Maydh they will instantly dismiss it and get emotional.

Honestly i dont care which qabil Emir nuur or Ahmed gurey was or which clan ruled adal as long as they were Somali, they are added to the Somali history books. I will not qabil warfare over it and for 90% of the academics excluding habeshis they are considered as Somali. :mybusiness:

But what it shows is that history/academics is subjectified and politicized, people deny one thing and claim another it goes back and forth like that.

I'm talking about the futuh itself in arabic, not some distorted french translation or kacaani translation.

The futuh in arabic clearly outlines the differences between two different Ahmad's, the more superior was most likely Belew/Beja, the Somali one was the chief of Habar Magaadle, and Imam Ahmad Al Ghazi only had one brother in the book called Muhammad.

Why would a Habeshi have an agenda in distorting information from a Somali perspective? Don't lie to yourself.

Bro save me your ruble you find from a habeshi blog.:cryinglaughsmiley: Why would a habeshi distort Soomaali history kulaha. WTF.

All Non Xabash historians virtually agree on the fact that Ahmed gurey is Somali.

Scholars on Ahmed Guray:
(1)Edmond Joseph Keller: Led by the charismatic Somali leader Ahmad Gran (Imam Ahmed Ibn Ibrahim El-Ghazi), a coalition of Muslim invaders consisting mainly of Somali and Afar

(2)Chatterji: A Somali chief of Adel, a Muslim state on the Gulf of Aden, named Ahmed ibn Ibrahim by using the new weapon completely overthrew the Ethiopian kingdom

(3)Beckingham: Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al Ghazi, called 'the left-handed' by the Somali,(gran in Amharic), was a Somali in the service of the ruler of Zeila.

(4)Groves: The leader was a Somali chief, Ahmad ibn Muhammad Gran, Muslim ruler of a border state, who with great energy and resource pressed home the invasion of Abyssinia

(5)Whiteway: He was certainly not an Arab: probably he was a Somali, for we find him closely connected with many who were Somalis.

(6)Langer: Ethiopia was overrun by the Moslem Somali chief, Ahmed Gran, who used firearms

(7) Alexander Bulatovich: "In Portuguese sources he is called King of Adal and Emir of Zeila, and they conjecture that he was Somali" -- from Ethiopia Through Russian Eyes: Country in Transition, 1896-1898

(8) In 1541, when a four-hundred- man Portuguese expedition arrived in Abyssinia, a Somali Moslem leader β€” Iman Ahmed, known as Gran β€” was threatening to extinguish the kingdom

(9) Elaine Sanceau: Imam Ahmed, once an obscure Somali warrior from Harar had risen to supremacy among the muslim tribes

(10)Andargachew Tiruneh: Harar, led by Gragn who was probably a Somali, overran the length and breadth of the central and northern Highlands from 1529 to 1543

(11)Saheed A. Adejumobi: Ahmed ibn Ibrahim al Ghazi was a Somali Imam and general who defeated several Ethiopian emperors and wreaked much damage on that nation. He is also known as Ahmad Gran (or Gurey).

(12)M. Th. Houtsma: Shortly afterwards there began the great invasion of the Somali chief, Ahmed b. Muhammed Gran

(13)Ahmed Ibrahim Al Ghazi but more commonly known as Gran, was in fact thΓ© Imam Ahmad and probably a Somali

(14)Walter Yust: Between 1528 and 1540 armies of Mohammedans, under the renowned general Mohammed
Gran (probably a Somali), entered Abyssinia from the low country

(15)The tale he told was that the Abyssinian kingdom had been cut in two by an invasion
by a Somali chief known as Granye the Left-handed.
(16)A new Muslim
aggressor, the Somali upstart Ahmed ibn Ibrahim, known as Granye ("Lefty"), had reversed Ethiopia's military successes

(17)Harold Edwin Hurst: Ahmed Gran, who, between 1528 and 1540, overran most of the country. The Portuguese were determined to discover and kill the Somali leader

(18) Ahmad Gran b. Ibrahim, a Somali from Harar who conquered much of Ethiopia for Islam in the sixteenth century

(19) intervention of a small Portuguese force preserved the Christian state fromcomplete destruction by the Islamic forces of the Somali leader Ahmad Gran

(20) Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim, a religious leader who was probably Somali

(21) Tensions came to a head when Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim, a religious leader who was
probably Somali, was named
amir of the eastern Islamic city of Harar

(22)Paulos Milkias, Getachew Metaferia: Somali Ahmad ibn Ibrahim (known in Ethiopia as Gragn Mohammed - the left handed) ran over the highland and devastated churches and shrines in the 1530s during the reign of Libne Dengel

And btw on the topic of Adal. There are 2 other books written on it prior to Futah al habash with some detailed info. People should check it out.

"The best book on the Walashma dynasty is a book written by the scholar al-Maqrizi in 1436 called 'Ilmam bi-ahbar man bi-ard al-Habasa min muluk al-Islam' (The book of the true knowledge of the History of the Muslim Kings in Ethiopia), which includes a section on the geography of the Islamic kingdoms of al-Habasha, a section on the Zeila region (the heartland of the Walashma kingdom), and a third section detailing the history of the Walashma dynasty.

And the

A century prior to al-Maqrizi, Ibn Khaldun mentioned the Walashma dynasty and the Islamic lands of al-Habasha in his "History of the World", usually called the Muqaddimah.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
I don't believe anyone's claims. No body knows and most of it is speculative. It's funny though. People say he's Afar, Beja, Habeshi etc. :yloezpe: Yet most of the garrison were Somali there was Dir, Habar Magadle and even a Darood clans that enlisted to fight.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
According to some or these children Darood =Somali history. Walle the kacaan did it's job. :damn:

If we have another kacaan, in 100 years they'll claim Ina Godane. And romanticize how he brought peace to the lands by banishing the warlords and chastising the infidels:lol:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Imaam Ahmed's sister was married to the Garaad of the Geri, Garaad Mataan. His wife went on to marry Nur Ibn Mujahid, the Marehan sultan of Harar, after he died in battle. There were more Darood clans involved in the war than any other single clan. Geri, Harti, Marehan and Yabarre are all mentioned in Futuh al Habasha

So while the Imaam had marriage ties to Darood, it does not mean he was Darood. Historians don't even know what ethnicity to be honest. The book does not talk about the ethnicity of the Imaam.

PS. Now that I think about it, the only clans that can claim to have blood ties with the Imaam are the Reer Garaad of the Geri, due to them being born of the sister of the Imaam.

L
Bro save me your ruble you find from a habeshi blog.:cryinglaughsmiley: Why would a habeshi distort Soomaali history kulaha. WTF.

All Non Xabash historians virtually agree on the fact that Ahmed gurey is Somali.

Scholars on Ahmed Guray:

And btw on the topic of Adal. There are 2 other books written on it prior to Futah al habash with some detailed info. People should check it out.

"The best book on the Walashma dynasty is a book written by the scholar al-Maqrizi in 1436 called 'Ilmam bi-ahbar man bi-ard al-Habasa min muluk al-Islam' (The book of the true knowledge of the History of the Muslim Kings in Ethiopia), which includes a section on the geography of the Islamic kingdoms of al-Habasha, a section on the Zeila region (the heartland of the Walashma kingdom), and a third section detailing the history of the Walashma dynasty.

And the

A century prior to al-Maqrizi, Ibn Khaldun mentioned the Walashma dynasty and the Islamic lands of al-Habasha in his "History of the World", usually called the Muqaddimah.
look at them how they hate Somalia history and jump on every chance to discredit it. Why don't they join mama ethopia and get the same treatment of Oromo in ethopia since whole world from AU to ethopia and Kenya and Arab league and UN denied their recognization.

I don't believe anyone's claims. No body knows and most of it is speculative. It's funny though. People say he's Afar, Beja, Habeshi etc. :yloezpe: Yet most of the garrison were Somali there was Dir, Habar Magadle and even a Darood clans that were enlisted to fight.

The guy was born in modern day Somalia lived among Somalis even retired among Somalis. Two major nephews of his were Somalis, his wife was Somali, his sister married a Somali etc. His army was 80% somali.

Why would he be so close to Somalis if he wasn't Somali? The only people who have beef with him being Somali are isaaqs and habeshis. His clan is unknown but his ethnicity is not desputable.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Where in the futuh is nur mentioned as a chief of the marehan, I thought the chief was the coward Hiraab not Nur.

Don't quotet Pankhurst

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
I know someone who read the futuh cover to cover the 2nd volume, and in it there is no mention of Imam Ahmad Ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazi having a brother called Nur, only Ahmad ibn Hussein As-Somali had a brother called Nur ibn Hussein, and they both were Habar Magaadle Isaaqs, don't give me that Kacaan revised history.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
According to some or these children Darood =Somali history. Walle the kacaan did it's job. :damn:

If we have another kacaan, in 100 years they'll claim Ina Godane. And romanticize how he brought peace to the lands by banishing the warlords and chastising the infidels:lol:

It's interesting to see each camp has their own spin on things, which is uniquely from their eyes. Yet none of these claims with the exception of him being Somali is actually validated. Just like the old Arab aabo myth was debunked. I guess we'll have to wait until they can crack open his grave and do a DNA test. siilaanyolaugh T1 says he's Dir or Garxajis, E3b says he's Somali in general i.e HA, HJ Darood or Hawiye, J1 is a wild card. kkkkkkk

Last edited:

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazi had one brother called Muhammad ibn Ibrahim Al Ghazi, Ahmad Hussein was the chieftain of the habar magaadle, he brought them and their infantry to the Imam (Ghazi) as the preparations for the Jihad began.

This is referenced in the Futuh, the only mention of the Marehan garad was a coward called Hirab who excused himself and his men due to their "poverty" :yloezpe:, I can see why Afweyne had the urge to rewrite history.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Where in the futuh is nur mentioned as a chief of the marehan, I thought the chief was the coward Hiraab not Nur.

Don't quotet Pankhurst

This guy is a direct descendant of Ahmed Guray's sister, he is the Garaad of the Geri Koombe. Ahmed Guray is his abti 17 or 18 generations removed.
The only proven relatives of Ahmed Guray are the Reer Garaad of Geri, everything else is speculation.

Listen from 4:11 he talks about the history, and the remains of the Imaam's city of Hubat.

I agree with the fact that there has been kacaan revisionism infactually demonizing isaaqs and that is wrong, but to go into qabil based revisionism urself is just low & hypocritical. Merahen vs Isaaqs vs Hawiye vs MJ, who cares!!

Lets agree on the fact that Adal was Somali, Ahmed gurey as well as Amir Nurr was also Somali. Every clan has made their own valuable contributions to Somali history. lets not get into which clan was this and that.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
I don't care about modern men I'm talking about the futuh itself, in it clearly it states that Ahmad Gurey Hussein As-Somali was the chieftain of the Habar Magaadle, Bah Magaadle is Isaaq. It doesn't have to get more complicated than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts