• Ruthless warlord

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Liberation fighter

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • leader of a failed revolution that cost the lives of countless civilians

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Culture icon: revolutionized Somali Gabay and added to Somali Architecture

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • He want to subjugate somalis to his theocracy and become king over the somalis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Every Daarod believes he was a Prophet-like warrior that fought for Somali nationalism.

*Prior to 1991, Every Hawiye believed what the Daarod believed. Post-1991, still many Hawiye hold the idea that he was a great man, although you will find some Hawiye that dislike the guy because he simply was a Daarod and he is idolized by almost all Daarods.

*Every Isaaq believes he was a warlord, ruthless scum. They believe he was a terrorist; the father of modern day Al Shabaab.

I just gave you how every Somali would vote.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
He was leading one of the only main resistance groups to colonial occupation. He and all that fought with him should be respected by all Somalis.

*Every Daarod believes he was a Prophet-like warrior that fought for Somali nationalism.

*Prior to 1991, Every Hawiye believed what the Daarod believed. Post-1991, still many Hawiye hold the idea that he was a great man.

*Every Isaaq believes he was a warlord, ruthless scum. They believe he was a terrorist; the father of modern day Al Shabaab.

what about the Dir, Rahaweyn, Midhiban etc. I know that he order the assassination of an oppositional shiekh from Barawa. i think he was Brawanis. Each clan has a position steeped in emotionalism, they can't give an objective reason why they hold a positive or negative opinion of the Siyadka. For me he was very complicated and fits into each category list above. furthermore, He define the age with which he was born into, somalis will remember him for the next centuries, he didn't quite reach the highs of Imam Ahmed Guray, but he was the only somalis to come close to this lofty position in 400 hundred years.

*Prior to 1991, Every Hawiye believed what the Daarod believed. Post-1991, still many Hawiye hold the idea that he was a great man, although you will find some Hawiye that dislike the guy because he simply was a Daarod and he is idolized by almost all Daarods.

not really because some mj's dislike him, he did have clashes with them in the past... and not every isaaq believes that theres quite a few who argue isaaqs were apart of darawish..

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
what about the Dir, Rahaweyn, Midhiban etc. I know that he order the assassination of an oppositional shiekh from Barawa. i think he was Brawanis.

He was tunni, not barawani.

Not everyone is qabil minded, even though I'm a direct descendant of people who fought and lost against dervishes, I can still recognise that they were the only force protecting all somalis against euro hegemony. Not everyone is corrupted by qabil.

waraabe

Your superior
I have no opinion in him

On one hand he fought the british which is good, on the other hand he killed so many members of his qabiil because they refused to serve him. He massacred Warsangeli, some dhulo and some mj. The Warsangeli sultanate called the british for help like the mj sultaan.

He certainly was pushed down our throats by the kacaan tho as an ideal somali hero and the biggest somali hero AHMED GURAY was pushed out because he was not darod. Disgraceful and most somalis woke up to him

waraabe

Your superior

That is a complete bullshit. some Darods don't like him, mj and Warsangeli being 2 and even some dhulo subs. He killed more darod then anyone else.

Hawiye really didn't know or care about him but they started to dislike him when kacaan pushed him as the biggest somali hero. Ogaden like him because he's cagdheer,

Some Isaaq like him, most don't know him. Some hy and hj were his generals and part of his army

Dir don't know him

Raxanweeyn don't know him

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
He was tunni, not barawani.

Not everyone is qabil minded, even though I'm a direct descendant of people who fought and lost against dervishes, I can still recognise that they were the only force protecting all somalis against euro hegemony. Not everyone is corrupted by qabil.
When did that happen:wtf:

what opinion due you hold regarding Sayid Mohamed Abdullah Hassan and is you opinion positive or negative and why?
Do the Indian people do polls like about Gandhi? Or Americans do polls about George Washington ? Or british Winston Churchill .....etc only Somalis like to trash everything good in their history for tribalism.

He was a warlord and to make it worse he was a Sufi.:camby:

Is there any leader that can't be blamed for their actions? I respect the man for fighting against the invaders.
Nin xil qaday eed qaad.
Markaan intaa ka gudbo.. when are we to forget and forgive the past, that has cost us so much suffering?

I have no opinion in him

On one hand he fought the british which is good, on the other hand he killed so many members of his qabiil because they refused to serve him. He massacred Warsangeli, some dhulo and some mj. The Warsangeli sultanate called the british for help like the mj sultaan.

He certainly was pushed down our throats by the kacaan tho as an ideal somali hero and the biggest somali hero AHMED GURAY was pushed out because he was not darod. Disgraceful and most somalis woke up to him
Wrong Warsangeli liked him especially after he married the Warsangeli sultan sister even the sultan fought with him which led to the lost his power and British send the Warsangeli sultan to island Seychelles. The sayid' daughter lives till in our village.

waraabe

Your superior
Wrong Warsangeli liked him especially after he married the Warsangeli sultan sister even the sultan fought with him which led to the lost his power and British send the Warsangeli sultan to island Seychelles. The sayid' daughter lives till in our village.

instead of making up stories how about check the reality. I swear somali hate the truth,

Vestiges of a similar degree of centralized administration on the pattern of a Muslim Sultanate, survive today in the Protectorate amongst the Warsangali. Prior to 1920, the Garaad had at his command a small standing army with which, with British support, he fought Sayid Mahamad Abdille Hassan’s forces. But Garad’s powers’ are dwindling under modern administration.

straight from the horses mouth
http://warsangeli.org/in-depth/sultanate-shire.htm

waraabe

Your superior
What make you say that? What would you've done in his place?

united the somalis around him under islam, played down the qabyaalad (he was a qabiilest, listen to his poems),

Basically act like the true somali hero Ahmed gurey

united the somalis around him under islam, played down the qabyaalad (he was a qabiilest, listen to his poems),

Basically act like the true somali hero Ahmed gurey
S
Was he the only one in his time with those type of poems, no. He was though, the only one in his time to stand against the invaders of our country.,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 367
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts