Puntland people & Oromo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Somali immigrant advocate. I believe in multiculturalism. I hope to see the integration of Ethiopia and Somalia as an Economic bloc with free trade and movement.

Apollo

VIP
I am a Somali immigrant advocate. I believe in multiculturalism. I hope to see the integration of Ethiopia and Somalia as an Economic bloc with free trade and movement.

Totally agree.

North Sudan-Eritrea-Djibouti-Ethiopia-Somalia should have a Free Trade Zone without red tape borders between them.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

You can have free trade and travel when two countries have similar levels of population. Canada and the US are two very similar countries, but they don't have free movement of people because of the population differential being 10 to 1. It is foolish for Somalia to have such an agreement with a country like Ethiopia whose population is approaching 100 million when we are barely 12 million total.

Apollo

VIP
You can have free trade and travel when two countries have similar levels of population. Canada and the US are two very similar countries, but they don't have free movement of people because of the population differential being 10 to 1. It is foolish for Somalia to have such an agreement with a country like Ethiopia whose population is approaching 100 million when we are barely 12 million total.

Nope. In the EU there are lots of tiny countries with low population and they are not being swamped with foreigners from bigger countries. Linguistic barriers are powerful. All free movement does is increase some immigration and trade in a region, but not total population replacement.

It do not have similar culture, religion plus 600 years of war between us will prevent your Union ideas, plus Somalia is closely to Sudan and Egypt and we should improve our relations not Ethiopia that poorest and dirtiest country in world that is not good idea at all.
http://nazret.com/blog/index.php/2008/03/07/ethiopia_addis_ababa_world_s_6th_dirties

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Nope. In the EU there are lots of tiny countries with low population and they are not being swamped by foreigners from bigger countries. Linguistic barriers are powerful. All free movement does is increase some immigration and trade in a region, but not total population replacement.

Countries in the EU have high living standards while we are talking about East Africa, the poorest region in the world. The comparisons do not work.

I think that Puntland should not be worried about Oromo, but Somaliland should be very worried about Oromo. One is a 1000 km away from the nearest Oromo settlement and one already has Oromo subclans in its parliament. Oromo cannot bear the heat of Bosaso for long, but they may do just fine in the Gabiley plains.

Apollo

VIP
@Thegoodshepherd Ethiopia's economy has been in the top fastest growing economies over the past decade. It's not as dirt poor as it used to be and the standards of living between Ethiopia and Northern Somalia are not that drastic.

Moreover, Somalia doesn't have a state welfare system. So what is the worry? If these Ethiopians can't find work, they will self deport themselves. Overall, free movement inside the Horn of Africa will be good for the economy without any negatives. Also, it stops the urge for separatist movements.

Nope. In the EU there are lots of tiny countries with low population and they are not being swamped with foreigners from bigger countries. Linguistic barriers are powerful. All free movement does is increase some immigration and trade in a region, but not total population replacement.
@Thegoodshepherd Ethiopia's economy has been the fastest growing economy over the past decade. It's not as dirt poor as it used to be and the standards of living between Ethiopia and Northern Somalia are not that drastic.

Moreover, Somalia doesn't have a state welfare system. So what is the worry? If these Ethiopians can't find work, they will self deport themselves.

Overall, free movement inside the Horn of Africa will be good for the economy without any negatives. Also, it stops the urge for separatist movements.

Fastest growing economic was lie and myth, second Ethiopia is working on destabilize Somalia and they want to annex Somalia. There is not any Union but occupation http://www.huffingtonpost.com/yohannes-woldemariam/the-ethiopian-regime-is-d_b_8507642.html

@Thegoodshepherd Ethiopia's economy has been in the top fastest growing economies over the past decade. It's not as dirt poor as it used to be and the standards of living between Ethiopia and Northern Somalia are not that drastic.

Moreover, Somalia doesn't have a state welfare system. So what is the worry? If these Ethiopians can't find work, they will self deport themselves. Overall, free movement inside the Horn of Africa will be good for the economy without any negatives. Also, it stops the urge for separatist movements.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/africaatlse/...onomic-growth-borrows-from-enrons-accounting/

Apollo

VIP
Somalia is a heavily underpopulated laangaab country. It can easily handle 25 million extra people and still it would have a population density far lower than most countries.

Somalia is a heavily underpopulated laangaab country. It can easily handle 25 million extra people and still it would have a population density far lower than most countries.

We have Yemen and Syrian immigrants who are coming to SL and we can rely on them same religion plus do not have fake history claim to Somalia plus before 1991 somalia relied on Indian and Yemen workers and immigrants. So we do not need Oromo for national security reason, we could go war in future against Ethiopia

Plus Oromo when do not find jobs they resorted to crime and increased in SL
http://www.irinnews.org/report/86093/somalia-street-children-becoming-new-gangsters

@Thegoodshepherd

Of course I don't mean right now, we have to at least be a middle income or close to a newly industrialized nation before we can take the step forward. We have to be economically ahead and we can take advantage of Ethiopia's large market for our manufactured goods.. This will also allow us to keep a hold and influence the K5 to a certain degree without having to go to a war over it which quite frankly is near impossible in the current world order that has wars declared illegal except for self-defense.

Apollo

VIP
@Canuck

Arabs stick out and cannot blend into the Somali population. Ethiopians can.

Also, Arabs will bring that terrorist Al-Qaeda shit with them. They cannot be trusted. I much rather have Ethiopian Christian immigrants in Somalia over ISIS motherfuckers.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
We are going back in time. The Oromos expanded in the 1600s and we lost Harar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending