Post your favorite traditional somali names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farah is happy or happiness in arabic.
xeeyle he probably mean xayle which is somali:nvjpqts:
I think Farax is a native Somali name with no Arabic influence. Many mistake it for it, a common misconception.
Faarax and Farax are two different names it's a female name too and there are variations of male names such as Farxiye or Farxaan that have similar meaning as Farax. What you are talking about is probably ''Faarah'' which is arabic with a different root.

Last edited:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
I think Farax is a native Somali name with no Arabic influence. Many mistake it for it, a common misconception.
Farax probably means farxad and it's a female name too and there are variations of male names such as Farxiye or Farxaan that have similar meaning as Farax. What you are talking about is probably ''Faarah'' which is arabic with a different root.
not true

Yup and? Farah is farxad in arabic. which means joy. i wrote them upset of eachother., my mistake. .

What im talking about is''FAARAX'' i believe it to be a Somali With a somali root and used for both genders, With similar meaning as farxiye and Farxaan. which also other traditional Somali names.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Yup and? Farah is farxad in arabic. which means joy. i wrote them upset of eachother., my mistake. .

What im talking about is''FAARAX'' i believe it to be a Somali With a somali root and used for both genders, With similar meaning as farxiye and Farxaan. which also other traditional Somali names.
true, i think so too. it supposedly means sunshine or something

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP

stop making up shit farxaan is arabic for joyous and Farah just like in somali is used by both genders, Farah for males and Farrah for females or the way way around:ftw9nwa:

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

farah is a a persian word and can be found in ancient Zoroastrian scriptures :yacadiim:

stop making up shit farxaan is arabic for joyous and Farah just like in somali is used by both genders, Farah for males and Farrah for females or the way way around:ftw9nwa:
Im not trying to make shit up i think Farxaan is really Somali name, you will hear phrases like 'farxaan kharibneyd' which means horror stricken boat. It probably has soomaali roots. Maybe im wrong i dunno.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Farah is happy or happiness in arabic.
xeeyle he probably mean xayle which is somali:nvjpqts:

There is literally no phonetic distinction between Xeeyle/Xeyle/Xayle. You're grasping at straws.

Farah is originally a Persian name meaning joy/happiness. It was later adopted by the Arabs and finally Somalis, hence, Faarax.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
There is literally no phonetic distinction between Xeeyle/Xeyle/Xayle. You're grasping at straws.

Farah is originally a Persian name meaning joy/happiness. It was later adopted by the Arabs and finally Somalis, hence, Faarax.
Different pronunciation for Xeeyle and Xayle like farax and faarax.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Different pronunciation for Xeeyle and Xayle like farax and faarax.
There's no different pronunciation between the two just different spellings. As I said before, they sound exactly the same. Xeey-/Xay- produce the same sound.

Female: Asli, Luul, Ugaaso, Qaali, Barni, Ladan, Awo, Canab, Nasteexo, Haweeya.
Male: Sharmarke, Garaad, Samatar, Naalaye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending