Post your favorite traditional somali names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafez

VIP
White people think you are an Arab when you apply for jobs and instantly reject you. :ulachen001:

You know that when your name includes Mohamed, AbdulAziz, Uday, Thabit, Hassan, Saeed, Hatim and you are light brown with a beard you are media material lol.

Hafez

VIP
I got super lucky. My name is Somali, my father's name is as well.. and my grandfather too. 3 generations in a row.

But my great-grandfather had an Arabic name. Luckily that one is not on my official documents.

Are you really called Somali 3 generations in a row? That's so cool lool.

I got super lucky. My name is Somali, my father's name is as well.. and my grandfather too. 3 generations in a row.

But my great-grandfather had an Arabic name. Luckily that one is not on my official documents.

Then you are one rare Somali.

Meanwhile other somali names be like Mohamed Mohamed for ten generations

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Samatar
Irir
Damal
Samaale
Warsame
Harbi
Rooble
Warancadde
Everything with the suffix- Doon sounds badass, example- Shirdoon
Warfaa
Hiraab
Doodi

My favorite somali names are:
Girls: Warsan, Suuban, Dagan, Haboon, Deeqa, Nasra(not sure if this is a somali name).
Boys:sharma'arke, Samatar, Warsame, and mahad.
I like somali names because most somali names have good/unique meaning. My kids have somali names.

Hafez

VIP
People name their Kids Basra and Jeylani without paying attention to the actual meaning. People name their kids Basra because of the pious man Hasan of Basra. They name their kids Jeylani which means from the city of 'Jeylan' in Iran after Abdulkadir Jeylani.

Tell me about it. No offense but im sick of these lazy,uncreative ass arabic names were given. Favorite boy names are Kenaan,Samatar,Takow. Girl names: Naima,Ayaan,Deeho :deargod:

People name their Kids Basra and Jeylani without paying attention to the actual meaning. People name their kids Basra because of the pious man Hasan of Basra. They name their kids Jeylani which means from the city of 'Jeylan' in Iran after Abdulkadir Jeylani.
There r many girls that are named after cities or countries. I have seen england, barlin (berlin) Africa, Istar(ester) urobe (europe). Is Asiya (Asia)?

Hafez

VIP
There r many girls that are named after cities or countries. I have seen england, barlin (berlin) Africa, Istar(ester) urobe (europe). Is Asiya (Asia)?

No it's not Asia. It was the name of the wife of Musa of accepted Islam I think, she is one the most virtuous women in history. The prophet (SAW) may not of approved of that name because of it's meaning in Arabic. It means 'disobedient' I'm translating because I know Arabic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending