No minimum age limit at which marriage can take place in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Marley

retired
You think everyone back in the day married when they were 18 and above? Now you want to swing some beastial insults at me like some monkey slinging his smelly doo doo? You are so fucking sad. Do we have to shun people who
marry under 18, instead of being adulterous situations now? Nigga, my grandma got married when she was 16 years old ain't no beastial, hebdefile, wtf u want to label it problem with that nigga. LOL, stop slinging your shit at me.

:hmm: was this your way of calling me a monkey. I see..

Btw Aisha RA was a very special child not only was she married at a young age but she led a battle of you follow that ahadith. @Bob Marley, could you lead a battle at 10? Lol

I think that same narrated said she was 20, 16 and 30 but regardless that's irrelevant to muslims as Aisha's age does not cancel out that you have to be of a mature age to be married. Most scholars have to determine that to be 15 min.

Okay that's interesting. Never knew that.
After-all there is alot of hateful propaganda about Islam so it makes sense that they would want to portray Muhammad as a pedophile.

One question, can you tell me what Islam says about marrying a child as young as 9 or under?
Or @Hafez

Do you realise that the Hadith is more than likely incorrect? She was at least over 15 if not older.

Hafez

VIP
I like how you just whitewashed the thousands of children who are molested and raped everyday.,:eek:

Instead of condemning it you said it's just a couple of them ( a bold faced LIE) you change the subject lie about me and my culture. @Hafez just explained to you that according to shafi fiqi (aka the school of thought somalis and many Sunnis practice) 15 is the minimum age.

Why lie?
Wallahi the guy is not very bright. "Primitive beliefs". He speaks as if it's compulsory to marry your daughter off as soon as she hits puberty (when really, it's optional). There's a concept called 'urf (customs) in Islam. It could be that the custom of one's community is to wait until a woman reaches the age of 18 to marry her off, and there's nothing wrong with this custom as it does not contradict Islam.

If only these people knew about 'urf and other masaa'ila. They would surely come to the conclusion that Islam is a way of life for all times.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
:hmm: was this your way of calling me a monkey. I see..

Okay that's interesting. Never knew that.
After-all there is alot of hateful propaganda about Islam so it makes sense that they would want to portray Muhammad as a pedophile.

One question, can you tell me what Islam says about marrying a child as young as 9 or under?
Or @Hafez

Fair enough you're open minded, I respect that! As for the Hadith, it's basically a narration of what occurred at the time of our prophet, people who witnessed it etc. There's a science to determine which are fabricated and which are authentic. This Hadith that narrates that Aisha RA was nine at the time of marriage is considered authentic however other Hadiths contradict it. According to that same narrator her sister was ten years older than her. That would make Aisha RA 19 years old. Most people assume/believe that she was at least 15 years old based on several other hadiths.

If that Hadith was correct she would have also been a 10 year old leading a battle. I mean use your intelligence.

Anyways it's not at all important to most muslims because if what the prophet AS did was odd or wierd in that culture, his many enemies would have commented on this, but no western muslim haters have used Islamic sources to insult him. Something that I find ironic.

Bob Marley

retired
I like how you just whitewashed the thousands of children who are molested and raped everyday.,:eek:

Instead of condemning it you said it's just a couple of them ( a bold faced LIE) you change the subject lie about me and my culture. @Hafez just explained to you that according to shafi fiqi (aka the school of thought somalis and many Sunnis practice) 15 is the minimum age.

Why lie?

Sick people come in all races, but with Islam their sickness is justified by the religion; you could even say it's encouraged.
Children suffer as a result of this whereas in America or most other Western countries they would be breaking laws.

@Hafez Don't get me wrong, what I meant by "Primitive beliefs" is the belief of it being okay to have sexual relations with young children.
Today most people have the knowledge of it being wrong and are fully aware of that.

Obviously you wouldn't let a young child make the decision to walk by to the store by herself so why is it okay for them to get married by choice? Children are not fully rational minded to make such conscious decisions

Hafez

VIP
There are other topics (that further explain this phenomenon in depth) I've not got in to. I cannot be bothered. The age of takliif (puberty and discernment) is generally accepted to be 15 years of age but this (takliif) is usually regarding issues pertaining to religious commitment. A female does not have to reach 15 years of age to be pubescent and discerning, hence they can marry before the age of 15.

I don't know why I'm bothering with a people that cannot examines issues objectively.

It's astonishing how ex-Muslims are soo obsessed with Islam though wallahi.

Hafez

VIP
Sick people come in all races, but with Islam their sickness is justified by the religion; you could even say it's encouraged.
Children suffer as a result of this whereas in America or most other Western countries they would be breaking laws.

@Hafez Don't get me wrong, what I meant by "Primitive beliefs" is the belief of it being okay to have sexual relations with young children.
Today most people have the knowledge of it being wrong and are fully aware of that.

Obviously you wouldn't let a young child make the decision to walk by to the store by herself so why is it okay for them to get married by choice? Children are not fully rational minded to make such conscious decisions
Why should the modern Western view of what's right and wrong be given precedence? Why? Do they have a scientific method to determine which actions are morally acceptable?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@nucleus @Hafez alright thanks, you two have explained enough.
My confusion comes from me thinking it was okay for children as young as 9 to be married

:ohhh:

Do you really believe nine year olds are getting married left and right in muslim countries?

Also did you believe that nine year old boys are getting married or just girls? I'm really curious now.

Bob Marley

retired
@nucleus Wow, you actually have no idea, do you?
DV5lJ.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somalia too (Google links)
http://tinyurl.com/j7v7ejz

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

giphy.gif

Bob Marley

retired
Why should the modern Western view of what's right and wrong be given precedence? Why? Do they have a scientific method to determine which actions are morally acceptable?
This is why we can't be friends:snoop:

Children not being able to make fully rational/conscious decisions should be, and actually IS (believe it or not) a worldwide concept

Hafez

VIP
@nucleus Wow, you actually have no idea, do you?
DV5lJ.png

Somalia too (Google links)
http://tinyurl.com/j7v7ejz
I was born and raised (for a large part of my childhood) in Arabia, specifically Yemen. I can tell you for sure, child marriages are very rare in the Middle East. You may hear of a few anecdotal cases here and there but that's as far as it goes. Usually when child marriage occurs, it happens by force and forced marriages are against Islam. Pedophilia in Western nations are far more common than child marriages are in the West.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@Bob Marley yeah......no

Both yemen and somalia have undergone extreme conflicts. Most of what's written about both countries are highly exaggerated. My grandmother and grandfather were married at 15 and 19 respectively and that was considered back then extremely young.

My other grandparents were married in their 20s.

Cases of people arranging marriage for protection of their daughters during the brutal civil war or flat out rape by shabab aren't good examples of a culture of nine year olds getting married.

Btw: the youngest that I read about child marriage in somalia was 16? Frankly if my daughter or son wanted to get married at 14/15/16 I would be fine with it. We have different morals. :kobeok:

Hafez

VIP
This is why we can't be friends:snoop:

Children not being able to make fully rational/conscious decisions should be, and actually IS (believe it or not) a worldwide concept
What I said was, the person must be able to make rational decisions (whether they're 13 years old or 18). Why can't you accept the fact that there are young girls who are capable of making such decisions?

P.S. Who said I wanted to befriend you? Xoolo yahow don't get too excited.

Bob Marley

retired
@Hafez A rational minded 13 year old who's able to make the decision to get married:childplease:

@nucleus I had to take my like back after I realize you said you'd let your 14 year old daughter marry.
Holy shyt :faysalwtf: what's wrong with you people

I tried coming to terms with you but f*ck that. Y'all got issues:browtf:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@Hafez A rational minded 13 year old who's able to make the decision to get married:childplease:

@nucleus I had to take my like back after I realize you said you'd let your 14 year old daughter marry.
Holy shyt :faysalwtf: what's wrong with you people

I tried coming to terms with you but f*ck that. Y'all got issues:browtf:

What in the world is the difference btwn a 14 yo girl a 14 yo boy? Why is one ok and the other not?

You do realize that most places including the country that I live in allow for under 18 marriage with parental consent?

And yes I would allow or consider my teenager To get married, as long as they finished high school (you can graduate early) and had adequate maturity level.

Many teenagers have sex well before 18, how is it any different? Please explain your reasoning? Is it the financial responsibility? Because whether you're are married or not you still have the same risks of getting pregnant with sex. See your famous tv show 16 and pregnant.

I really don't see your logic? Smh

Under 18 sex is sex whether married or unmarried.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
That is well known. The problem is the modern justification of it. Just because something used to occur frequently doesn't mean it should anymore.
Does it occur now? I have never heard of of 10 year old getting married in 21st century.Lol we are not living in 6th century .

Zuleikha

Granted, and I'm not excusing that either the difference is however one can be regarded in it's context the other can't as it claims to be a way of life for all times. So there should be no religious reason for stopping a marriage based on age no matter how wide the age gap. Even Abu Bakr was initially surprised by Muhammad's proposal.

Can you bring the evidence were abu Bakr was suprised by muhamads's saw proposal.

You do know that we are talking about 6th century not 21st century. What I'm trying to say to you is marriage at young age was permissible in prophet saw time same way as the Ancient Rome time. Girls matured and took responsibilities in early age.

We are not sure whether the prophet married Aisha at the age of 9 since the hadith is not sahih and it is more likely that he did not married her at that age. There is also another hadith that states prophet muhammed may pbuh infact married Aisha when she was a teenager.

Zuleikha

Could it be that people maybe matured fast and at young age both mentally and physically in ancient times.
It's not uncommon to for example hear of teenaged commanders from those times.
:mjdontkno::hmm:
YESSS

This is why I am trying to say all along.

Why are they comparing ancient times to now?

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........
why do people still respond to @JohnDoe 's threads relating to the deen :faysalwtf:
it is pointless talking to him you will never win, learned that on my first day here.
@JohnDoe since you have reached the stage of enlightenment why don't you enjoy your new found wisdom and let us dwell in our ignorance....:stopit:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.