Mahad Egal Grenfell Tower fire West London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame capitalism, greed, cost-cutting and profit-seeking. In a fair society, the local council would invest in proper infrastructure and housing. Instead these greedy bastards like to cut spending, reduce costs and leave the poor and vulnerable on their own. This the result of 40 years of conservative Neo-liberal right-wing austerity/economics.

The UK is fast becoming a joke.

:meleshame:

Actually, not everyone lives in flats. But housing situation isn't so good in London it's very expensive even for professionals to rent even young professional share a flat with others in London. In other parts of the country, however, you can have a nice 3 bedroom house for yourself for £100 a month!

:whoa:Let me stop you right there,
3 bedroom house for a 100 a month :kodaksmiley:

More like 450 a month

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
this is truly horrific and to think the firefighters only went up to the 4th floor and couldn't go any higher because they lacked in "equipments" make me physically sick this was a neglect from the landlord they did this on purpose because POC and muslim lives don't matter for these people

Do you guys also wonder why, in this advance countries, that they have no laws to demand that no one can build a structure that can be reached by the latter of a fire truck

This is so sad, AUN to all the victims

What kind of housing design allows for this though? Were there no alternate evacuation routes?

Edit: just read through the posts, I have no words. Whoever was in charge of designing this building should be arrested (or sued for high amounts). It was a fire waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Spoke to a A Somali lady- who knew many people on that building -

She lives right next to the building -

She said -
One Somali lady with her 4 children
they were Stuck on one of the top floors-

And also Many arabs she knew died- also
One Eritrean family- the father, mother with their 2 kids were found in the stairs dead, aun

Last edited:
Having been in that building before, there's only 1 stairwell. We (flat tenants) have individual fire alarms in flats, there's no sprinkler system. If there is a fire in a flat, each floor has its own fire hydrant so that's how firefighters get their water. Given that the fire happened on the 4th floor, it would be near impossible to help people. The only stairwell is filled with smoke and people are probably tripping over each other to get down. It's over 100 flats.
Once some children started a fire under the first floor stairs of my flat using some Argos booklets. The fire alarms did not go off and it was only until it reached the door that we noticed smoke in the middle of the night. We were told to stay put and we did until the fire fighters came. Suffice to say the alarm was not working and it was replaced. What's interesting in this case is how quickly it engulfed the building and it is very likely the refurbishment has something to do with it.

Is this building mostly occupied by East Africans? I heard something along those lines but I didn't see any thing reportes on the news.

This is not Manslaughter, it's Murder!

Everyone that signed the planning permission, the Council needs to be bought to justice!!

My heart is broken for them, I can't go there my friend is there telling me yas you can't get in.

We all live in Social Housing, it could happen to anyone of us.

My Somali or another East African Sister, told Sadiq Khan f*ck You!!

That's right f*ck him, you go Girl.

Mr Khan need's to come out the Ends..

Sky News! Breaking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending