Let's all stop using Dahabshiil money remittance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you're from North or South this company brings nothing good but financing wannabe
dictators and terror groups.

Majority of Somalilanders have condemned him as well.

Odayaasha Habar Awal oo yidhi Dahabshiil yaan lacag la dhigan

Maxamed Muuse Cuune ee galbeedka Burco oo ku edayeeyay Dahabshiil musmusuq
iyo inu lacag been abuur ah sameeyay
My family use Amal Express they're more reliable than Dahabshil tbh

i never deal with dahabshiil, not because of his political aspirations or his qabiil allegiance but i am always in support of the underdog and right dont even use amal or tawakal but iftin express and as soon ast they get too big i am going for the next upcoming brother...

waraabe

Your superior
i never deal with dahabshiil, not because of his political aspirations or his qabiil allegiance but i am always in support of the underdog and right dont even use amal or tawakal but iftin express and as soon ast they get too big i am going for the next upcoming brother...

qabiilist

Bohol

VIP

Who owns Iftin express. They have a nice headquarters tower in Bosaso.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Look at these no name . Dahabshiil is the hallmark of money transfer. Your salty hating selves can't dent an empire. He deals with Barclays, not bum ass HJ haters

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Apparently Dahabshiil is not even owned by Habar Jeclo, but by a small Isaaq subclan that lives with them called Sambur.

Bohol

VIP
Look at these no name . Dahabshiil is the hallmark of money transfer. Your salty hating selves can't dent an empire. He deals with Barclays, not bum ass HJ haters

Barclays shut down Dahabshiil account in 2013-2014, after lobbying and a bit of begging
he was allowed to have his UK account back Lol. His company was shut down
permanently in the USA though.

Africa Intelligence: USA suspects Dahabshiil of funding terror group Al Shabab

The US State Department opposes the UK Foreign Office on the attempted coup
in Hargeisa. The Americans accuse the dissident leader of being close to
radical Islamists.

Following the attempted constitutional coup on 26 October by the Minister to the Presidency Hersi Ali Haji Hassan (ION 1414), two diplomats at the British embassy in Addis Ababa, Cat Evans and Lizzie Lovett went to meet the Somaliland authorities on 11 November. According to our sources, they asked for the reinstatement of the 13 ministers and deputy ministers who had supported Hersi Ali Haji by resigning. The latter are members or close to the London-based Islamist group ed-Dam al Jadid (new blood), an offshoot of the al-Ittihad al-Islami movement. This faction, which has good relations with the Conservative Party of UK Prime Minister David Cameron, already helped President Hassan Sheikh Mahamoud take power in Somalia.

To counter UK’s support to the troublemakers, the US dispatched its Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, to Djibouti on 13 November. The Americans are concerned because they suspect Hersi Ali Haji’s brother, also a member of ed-Dam al Jadid, of being linked to the Al-Shabaab radical Islamists. The latter works for the Somalian funds transfer company Dahabshiil, which is already in the US crosshairs. It suspects it of funding Al-Shabaab and the perpetrators of Somaliland’s attempted coup to overthrow President Ahmed Mohamed Mahamoud, aka Silanyo. Hersi Ali Haji Hassan is also a cousin of Dhabshiil’s founder, Mohamed Said Duale. In mid-November, the latter met with the presidential for Somaliland’s ruling party Kulmiye, Musa Bihi Abdi, to assure him of his commitment to help maintain political stability in Somaliland.

Source: africaintelligence.com

http://www.africaintelligence.com/ION/politics-power/2015/11/20/washington-and-london’s-monkey-business-in-hargeisa,108112233-ART

Sorry if I'm coming across as being difficult, but have you got a reliable source? I'm familiar with this website and have a hard time finding it reliable. I mean there's mention in this article of a 'London based Islamist group called ed-Dam al Jadid." Wtf is that?? Never heard of it, googled it nothing comes up except what leads back to this article. If this 'london based islamist group' existed, I'm sure I would have come across it in British media. I suspect that the whole thing is made up and even their supposed sources don't exist. Not that anonymous sources can be taken as evidence from a website like this. Also, I can remember once thinking this website seemed somewhat anti-somaliland. Many people associate dahabshiil with somaliland which is why they seem to say these things. It's not like dahabshiil shy away from the accusations, they took that somali blogger to court recently and won. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I think sofar the evidence is extremely thin. We'll see what a US court has to say about these accusations, I think Saado Ali's family recently filed a complaint against dahabshiil in a US court.

Status
Not open for further replies.