Jubbaland Projects

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Who are the investors if there are any.
It was mostly IDA- international development association aka world bank. Somali government probably was gonna take combination of loans and grants. I don't think their were private investors to my knowledge

The Massinger Dam which it would've been bigger than
tempImageWg8rc8.jpg

Up stream of Bardheera is the perfect location wish it happened inshallah soon
tempImage7mQo1e.jpg

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
It’s a shame the project wasn’t completed. Dowladnimo is powerful. The main bridge in Bardheere was built by the Som gov’t in the 70s and meant to be an animal crossing bridge for herders. Today it’s used as a bridge for vehicles.

Imagine that, an animal crossing bridge more architecturally sound than many highways in Somalia.
8AAA765E-AB93-4050-9A79-FD629E68AEF0.jpeg

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Couldnt find approval and loan documents for Mogambo irrigation project this was closest. 35M

1682290274916.png

Huge investment in equipment, trainings, bringing in experts for studies on soil, livestock, diseases, river... This document shows all the details in somali shilling was to broken down and detailed to find final total cost. Lots of good research us and next gen can use once country is safe

It’s a shame the project wasn’t completed. Dowladnimo is powerful. The main bridge in Bardheere was built by the Som gov’t in the 70s and meant to be an animal crossing bridge for herders. Today it’s used as a bridge for vehicles.

Imagine that, an animal crossing bridge more architecturally sound than many highways in Somalia.View attachment 268289
I have to give it to Siad barre aun. A lot of his infrastructures that he built are still fully functioning today like the dam in Balcad

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
:krs:
This could be next JL administrations crown jewel. We've wasted 10 years with cuudurka Madobe. Inshallah we will see him replaced with fartaag.

This is not fkd I'm pointing out the failures of Madobe. We need to see more projects like this. He is too busy selling charcoal.

Go cry about Madoobe somewhere else. Why do you need to involve his name in every one of these threads. Do you know the situation Somalia is in right now? These projects are not possible even under peaceful Somaliland!

Somali Saayid

VIP
Go cry about Madoobe somewhere else. Why do you need to involve his name in every one of these threads. Do you know the situation Somalia is in right now? These projects are not possible even under peaceful Somaliland!
Somaliland doesn't have the resources or opportunity JL has. Not even close. I'm involving his name in this thread because he has failed to do even 1/30th of these projects. He has failed the nation and all I pointed out was his shortcoming. The only one who is crying here is you.

Somaliland doesn't have the resources or opportunity JL has. Not even close. I'm involving his name in this thread because he has failed to do even 1/30th of these projects. He has failed the nation and all I pointed out was his shortcoming. The only one who is crying here is you.

Your kind is the reason why the Baardheere Dam project failed. Siad barre displaced local Ogadens to try & build the dam. These projects cannot be a success if many factors are not covered like land loss reimbursement for the owners.

Somali Saayid

VIP
Your kind is the reason why the Baardheere Dam project failed. Siad barre displaced local Ogadens to try & build the dam. These projects cannot be a success if many factors are not covered like land loss reimbursement for the owners.
The project didn't succeed because 91 happened. Not everything is about you, local Ogaden aren't going to stop the muscle of the last functioning government of Somalia. My kind is MX and we aren't the reason why the project failed.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Project ended up costing around 50M USD from what I can find with alot of help from Chinese. At first USSR was helping with project but guessing war with ethiopa and fractured relations they pulled out . The project was initially conceptualized in early 60's with President Aden and PM Sharmake. The project had alot of issues meeting goals due to river flow shortages some years. This is another reason bardheere dam was so critical to ensure reliable irrigation and water through reservoir

Couldn't find any images of the dam so if you guys have it please share . At one time project had 415 chinese staff on site

1682292932595.png

Attachments

• 1682292479129.png
    1682292479129.png
    307 KB · Views: 41

Trending