I've decided to go the gym

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Update: Day 1 of training went good, I followed that 5x5 workout routine @Sheikh Google linked and after I played basketball for an hour.

I also began tracking my calories today, using a food scale. However, I don't know if a caloric deficit entails burning more calories DAILY than what you eat. So if I ate 2000 calories in a day would I have to burn 2500 to lose weight?

But anyways it was a good workout, tomorrow's a rest day, and then after that I work out again(different exercises though).

Thanks everybody for the advice, much appreciated.
:samwelcome:

don’t follow 5x5 go for PPL on reddit
Nah saxib lets the brother get used to the gym first and build up strength with core compound exercises. Then after a couple of months he can move onto any push/pull or upper/lower variations. First let him get his strength up and more importantly build correct form.

Dont overdo it. If your fat rn i need you to just make the habit off going to the gym you can train all your bodyparts go on a run w.e just go there every other day for 2 weeks. During this time you need to do your homework read on PPL (basic one) watch how to do the movements on youtube n make sure your form is top tier.

After a month you gotten familiar with the gym and exercises you should buy a weight scale and start tracking how much you eat just to get into the habit you dont need to scale down just yet. Second month hopefully u been weighting yourself if your dropping dont cut out calories just keep the habit off tracking once u aint losing no more u start takin off -200/300 calories.

Make sure you eat 2 gram protein per KG so you retain the little muscle you have n youll gain newbie gains even without bein on a surplus.

So if I ate 2000 calories in a day would I have to burn 2500 to lose weight.
500 daily deficit would be around 0.5 kg weightlose a week. 1 kg = 7700 calories.
If you go gym, play ball and weight 200 pounds / 6 ft + then you should be able to eat abit more and stil lose weight just make sure you track your weight if ur already eatin as little as 2k how little will u have to eat once u stop losing weight? be careful crash dieting.

Last edited:
Your new to the gym and your a little underweight. Take advantage of Body Recomp.

Eat at a maintenance level of calories and make sure you have high protein intake.

You’ll make newbie gains and also be able to loose weight at the same time. Just have a consistent schedule and make sure you have a habit of eating and lifting right

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Update: Day 1 of training went good, I followed that 5x5 workout routine @Sheikh Google linked and after I played basketball for an hour.

I also began tracking my calories today, using a food scale. However, I don't know if a caloric deficit entails burning more calories DAILY than what you eat. So if I ate 2000 calories in a day would I have to burn 2500 to lose weight?

But anyways it was a good workout, tomorrow's a rest day, and then after that I work out again(different exercises though).

Thanks everybody for the advice, much appreciated.
:samwelcome:
make a fitness log here. It'll help you stay motivated. Make a thread about your journey in the personal development/man cave section

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Nah saxib lets the brother get used to the gym first and build up strength with core compound exercises. Then after a couple of months he can move onto any push/pull or upper/lower variations. First let him get his strength up and more importantly build correct form.
100% agreed with this.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Day 2 of going to the gym:

I worked out again, then played basketball again, except this time I played basketball with some random dudes who invited me to their game to even out the numbers.

During my workout a guy helped me with my deadlift form then he introduced himself as Mohamed, we talked for a bit, he helped me modify my routine, and he introduced me to "pyramid benchpress" where you start with the weight you can only deadlift for 6-8 reps, then progressively take weight off and do more reps.

On a seperate note I have to start stretching before my workouts my muscles are sore. So I'll try to make that a habit. Anyways, that's it.

(I know I said I wasn't gonna speak English here for 3 days only Somali but I wasn't gonna type all this out in Somali).

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Eat right and do 100 pushups and pull ups a day in 6 months you will be lean and will have good muscle definition

Eat 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs. Make sure to first find out what your maintenance calories are, that's the calories you need to eat to maintain your current weight. Let's say that's around 2500 calories, you'd eat 40% of that from protein, etc... After you find out, shoot for a caloric deficit of about 400 calories per day, so 400 calories less than what you need to maintain your current weight which means you'll be losing weight. The trick is to lose as much of that as possible from fat, and keep as much muscle as you can. You do this by eating lots of protein, and lifting heavy and focus on compound exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press, pull ups. Continue doing this until you are lean, then you can clean bulk.

Keep in mind tho, that the more weight lose, the more your maintenance calories come down so you'll have to keep track of that.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Day 3 of working out: Failure, I failed to finish all of my sets, I feel disappointed but I will come back the day after tomorrow for another go at it , but today I just felt physically weak, I think I'm overshooting the calorie deficit and not eating enough food.

I just swam the whole day, still good exercise.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Day 3 of working out: Failure, I failed to finish all of my sets, I feel disappointed but I will come back the day after tomorrow for another go at it , but today I just felt physically weak, I think I'm overshooting the calorie deficit and not eating enough food.

I just swam the whole day, still good exercise.
how are you doing so far ?

Trending

Latest posts