It’s sad how Somalia was blessed with being one of the most homogeneous countries....

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
A group that you share the same language, culture, religion and even relations with.

Even if we were different ethnicities, the amount of intermarriage done between each qabiil makes your point moot.

I’ll repeat: As an Cumar Maxmuud, there is no way I have more in common with MX than Sacad which I share a gobol and magaalo with.

Cumar Maxamud and Sacad barely intermarry, that is how I know you are a filthy sheegato. Meanwhile we intermarry heavily with the Marehan, especially the Wagardhac.

People assume there is some kind of continuum between MJ and HG, when there simply is not. I would be surprised if the rate of intermarriage between MJ and HG was higher than the rate of intermarriage between Abgaal and Shiidle, and I am not joking.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Cumar Maxamud and Sacad barely intermarry, that is how I know you are a filthy sheegato. Meanwhile we intermarry heavily with the Marehan, especially the Wagardhac.

People assume there is some kind of continuum between MJ and HG, when there simply is not. I would be surprised if the rate of intermarriage between MJ and HG was higher than the rate of intermarriage between Abgaal and Shiidle, and I am not joking.

lol MJs and HG actually intermarry way more than anyone even thought especially central Somali HG and MJs:yloezpe::yloezpe:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

WTF.

Are you that much of a qabiilist that you’re denying basic fact???

I know of no MX marrying Cumar Maxmuud but I have relatives that have married Sacad.

We may barely marry Sacad but it’s more likely than MX.

We share a magaalo with them.

:snoop:

Homogenous Countries are like South Korea, unfied and properly united, this is without their brothers up North as well. We are " Africa's most culturally homogeneous country", but these branches of clans makes us more "standalone", example being what does a person from Somaliland have in relation to a person in Gedo or Nugal except for the word Somali? Or a person in Hirran, what relations do they have with a person from Djibouti or NFD except the word Somali? And vice versa. We all come under clans such as Darood or Hawiye or Issaq but come unified under a Somali banner. Which makes it Culturally homogenous. Even a Bantu, well a Somali Bantu, comes under that banner. Key term here is "Culturally". But we ain't Homogenous in the same way as South Korea or Japan.

Genetics , we all look very similar to a degree that no one can tell which region one hails from by just looking at them , language, religion we even follow the same sect of Islam ,culture ,a shared dominant set of values and belief and the way we view the outside world and see the 'others' we call ajnabis ,food ,music and so on ...
the only thing that separates us from each other is clan affiliation .
it's really absurd and ludicrous to even entertain this idea that we aren't homogeneous society.

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
WTF.

Are you that much of a qabiilist that you’re denying basic fact???

I know of no MX marrying Cumar Maxmuud but I have relatives that have married Sacad.

We may barely marry Sacad but it’s more likely than MX.

We share a magaalo with them.

:snoop:

Imagine debating me about clan interactions inside Somalia, let alone in the part of Somalia which I understand best.

The indhoadeeg of this sheegato:mjkkk:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Imagine debating me about clan interactions inside Somalia, let alone in the part of Somalia which I understand best.

The indhoadeeg of this sheegato:mjkkk:
Your spot on usually those marriages are very rare, MJs usually discriminate these marriages just look at Ilhan Cumar. Its heavily frowned upon now LK/MX are very common

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Homogenous Countries are like South Korea, unfied and properly united, this is without their brothers up North as well. We are " Africa's most culturally homogeneous country", but these branches of clans makes us more "standalone", example being what does a person from Somaliland have in relation to a person in Gedo or Nugal except for the word Somali? Or a person in Hirran, what relations do they have with a person from Djibouti or NFD except the word Somali? And vice versa. We all come under clans such as Darood or Hawiye or Issaq but come unified under a Somali banner. Which makes it Culturally homogenous. Even a Bantu, well a Somali Bantu, comes under that banner. Key term here is "Culturally". But we ain't Homogenous in the same way as South Korea or Japan.
Umm korea and japan are split into clans
:trumpsmirk:
if anything koreans are probably more diverse than somalis. Every ethnic group has clans mate

Somalia is not that racially homogenous, lol. 25% got quite different autosomal ancestry from the rest, even many who label themselves as ethnic Somalis.

Historically, before mass migration in most European countries this was less than 5% (only Jews and Romanis basically).
Tell me, what power or influence do these minorities have? they have largely been victims in the civil war.
The reason the country is effed is because of the majority who cant get along, and who share the same culture, language, religion and dna.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Marehan also live in Mudug, idiot but your right I I don't share mare with a Majerteen than a Ciise from Djibouti.
@Periplus and what makes you think gobolka Mudug is not a Marehan gobol? Marehan have 30 towns that come under Galkacyo, Buur Salax and Goldogob.

This is quickly turning into qabiil FKD which I generally abstain from.

I said MX are not reer Mudug because there are much larger clans with presence in Mudug and the majority of MX themselves don't live in Mudug.

As for your statements about MX tuulos in Mudug, I'll let someone else engage with you on that.

reer

VIP
Ethnic Somali clans also behave as rival ethnicities more than a cohesive ethnicity.

Proving my point that Somalia is not a homogenous country, not even from a cultural/social perspective.
somalis are homogeneous in terms of nomadic redneck culture doqonimo and language and phenotype except digil iyo mirifle who are outliers. somaliweyn is 90% the same. somalis are the only sub saharan africans who speak 90-95% one language.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somalia is a basket case. Let the Americans colonize it for 250 years, along with the renegade Gabiley project. This is for the good of the Somali people.

Ethnic Somali clans also behave as rival ethnicities more than a cohesive ethnicity.

Proving my point that Somalia is not a homogenous country, not even from a cultural/social perspective.
Identity and then rivalry within the macro clan also works on a sub - sub - sub clan levels. Does this mean that macro clans are also not "ethnicities" but only sub - sub - sub clans are?
Somalinimo does exist, and theres a belief that amongst somalis that that constitutes our identity, but in the psyche of the pastoralist thinking somalis clan takes precedence; but it doesnt mean we aren't one ethnicity. Thing of it like a onion you peel, somali is the first layer.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Somalinimo definitely exists I remember I helped a stranded couple stuck in Istanbul Airport they didnt know any language other than Somali I literally helped them out due to being Somali so yes it exists but not in a political manner more social

sub-sub-sub clans don't hate each other as viciously as the macro clans do, especially when it comes to national politics.
Sometimes that's the case in Somalia, it's only recently that macro clans have begun to viciously hate each other. But most fights and competition for resources in somalia happens with the sub clan, and most clans only border a fellow clan so they wouldn't even have the opportunity to fight another clan let alone hate them. And conflict does happen when for example they are not given a pm spot in a local state or on the national level. We even lost a president because of political conflict happening within a sub clan level.

somalis were killing and annexing each other before 1960 documenting it as war poems. :mjlol:
Dont get me wrong, there was conflict and hate before the 60's but it was mainly between sub sub clans of two different clans that bordered eachother, and these conflicts for the most part didnt affect other sub clans whom only border their own clan.