I went to a Pakistani Dugsi + Quran Memorization

Yaraye

VIP
Baby Toddler GIF by Justin
Meme Reaction GIF

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
My parents never consistently put me in dugsi. I'd go there for 6 months - 1 year, learn a couple juz, take a hiatus and start from the beginning. Wallahi I never passed surah talaq. It would crush my self esteem as a kid bc all my cousins were halfway through the Quran until they all eventually forgot it in adolescence. :jcoleno:

mrlog

VIP
I went to a multi cultural dugsi which had teachers from all communities.

I remember they didn’t even get us through half of juz 3amma. But they did focus heavily on Islamic studies and teaching Islamic history.

It would be on a Sunday, we would have lunch and recess. Some of the Arab teachers would give us cash if we could answer a question correctly in class.

Long story short, Hooyo got sick of that dugsi and sent me to an Arab one in which I learn a lot more Quran.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Almost all Somalis went to Somali dugsi but I went to a Pakistani dugsi. I never had my ass beat or was forced to stay after dugsi hours like the other somali kids.

They weren’t strict on 3ashir and let us kasobax from the kitab. I feel a little shameful saying this but I only memorized up to Surah Hadeed. I went to Dugsi for 6 years.
:stevej:
I was the second best in the class because most barely passed the 1st/2nd juz.
:mjswag:
But at Somali dugsi, I’d be considered Dameen
:damn:
I’ve been memorizing Quran on my own for the past 6 months and I’ve memorized Surah Hadeed to Surah Zukhruf, thats 50 page (2 pages a week)
I’m slow but I’ll finish eventually.
Inshallah I’ll finish the Quran before I’m 21. To do that I need to up it to 3 pages a week.
:friendhug:
Lucky traitor 😂 I remember almost joining Pakistan dugsi too but niggas smell so bad 😂 curry and fish

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
Almost all Somalis went to Somali dugsi but I went to a Pakistani dugsi. I never had my ass beat or was forced to stay after dugsi hours like the other somali kids.

They weren’t strict on 3ashir and let us kasobax from the kitab. I feel a little shameful saying this but I only memorized up to Surah Hadeed. I went to Dugsi for 6 years.
I’ve been memorizing Quran on my own for the past 6 months and I’ve memorized Surah Hadeed to Surah Zukhruf, thats 50 page (2 pages a week)
Inshallah I’ll finish the Quran before I’m 21. To do that I need to up it to 3 pages a week.
But that is good tho. Some people got karbashed so hard that they hate reading the Quran now. Compassion is needed to teach Islam.
The prophet (S.A.W) and his companions did not beat children to memorise to quran so why should we?

That's good Maa Shaa Allah. I'd suggest having a teacher to read to so they can correct any mistakes. Check to see if any local masjids have hifdh courses or see if you can have private lessons. You'd also receive an ijaazah upon completion (after passing a final hifdh exam).

May Allah give you tawfeeq.

Trending

Latest posts