I went to a Pakistani Dugsi + Quran Memorization

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Almost all Somalis went to Somali dugsi but I went to a Pakistani dugsi. I never had my ass beat or was forced to stay after dugsi hours like the other somali kids.

They weren’t strict on 3ashir and let us kasobax from the kitab. I feel a little shameful saying this but I only memorized up to Surah Hadeed. I went to Dugsi for 6 years.
:stevej:
I was the second best in the class because most barely passed the 1st/2nd juz.
:mjswag:
But at Somali dugsi, I’d be considered Dameen
:damn:
I’ve been memorizing Quran on my own for the past 6 months and I’ve memorized Surah Hadeed to Surah Zukhruf, thats 50 page (2 pages a week)
I’m slow but I’ll finish eventually.
Inshallah I’ll finish the Quran before I’m 21. To do that I need to up it to 3 pages a week.
:friendhug:

Last edited:

Yaraye

VIP
Almost all Somalis went to Somali dugsi but I went to a Pakistani dugsi. I never had my ass beat or was forced to stay after dugsi hours like the other somali kids.

They weren’t strict on 3ashir and let us kasobax from the kitab. I feel a little shameful saying this but I only memorized up to Surah Hadeed. I went to Dugsi for 6 years.
I’ve been memorizing Quran on my own for the past 6 months and I’ve memorized Surah Hadeed to Surah Zukhruf, thats 50 page (2 pages a week)
Inshallah I’ll finish the Quran before I’m 21. To do that I need to up it to 3 pages a week.
You’re younger than 21?!
Damn I’m jealous tho. I went to a Somali Dugsi, an got my ass whipped all the time. That shit made me finish Quran when I was in elementary. Since I started in the early 2000s I had the Macalins that were Macalin when they were in Somalia. :damn::damn:

Yaraye

VIP
You’re younger than 21?!
Damn I’m jealous tho. I went to a Somali Dugsi, an got my ass whipped all the time. That shit made me finish Quran when I was in elementary. Since I started in the early 2000s I had the Macalins that were Macalin when they were in Somalia. :damn::damn:
Getting whipped with a wire was common. However when Macalins realized that we were building some kind of pain tolerance, he resorted to whipping our feet :mjcry::mjkkk:

mrlog

VIP

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
I was taken to kenya for the sole purpose of finishing the quran, and let me tell you that place was rough. If i dont have school for example holidays and weekends I will got to Dugsi from morning to evening and every Wednesday would be suba3. If you dont do your 3ashar or u mess up in the suba3, me telling you that you would be finished is understatement wallahi. Am glad that I left from that hell hole

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I’m not 21, I’m 19. You guys think I’m older or younger than 19?
:drakewtf:
You’re younger than 21?!
I’m 19 turning 20

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Ive been to pakistani dugsi it was more or less the same as the somali ones
Not the one in my area. Some of them girls wore pants and some of the boys wore shorts to dugsi. I was confused but I minded my buisness.
:deadmanny:

I had one macalin who was very trigger happy when it came to slaps
But he gave up after a while coz i was too quick and he couldnt keep up.
:ohhhdamn:
Muhammad Ali Boxing GIF

Last edited:
back in the day I remember when a girl called the cops on my Macalin.. funniest day ever. All the macalins went outside with a shovel and burrried there ools/wire

back in the day I remember when a girl called the cops on my Macalin.. funniest day ever. All the macalins went outside with a shovel and burrried there ools/wire
Lool the mayor of my city visited my dugsi
The head macalin ran to all the classes and told them to hide the sticks
:pachah1::pachah1::drakelaugh:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I went to a multi cultural dugsi which had teachers from all communities.

I remember they didn’t even get us through half of juz 3amma. But they did focus heavily on Islamic studies and teaching Islamic history.

It would be on a Sunday, we would have lunch and recess. Some of the Arab teachers would give us cash if we could answer a question correctly in class.

Long story short, Hooyo got sick of that dugsi and sent me to an Arab one in which I learn a lot more Quran.

3LetterzMM

LG gang we gon slide for my nigga 🤐🥷
Somali Dugsi is too fucked sum of dese macalins power trip on little kids makin some of em hate the religion cah they only got bad memories.

You’re younger than 21?!
U said u were born in the 2000s?

Yaraye

VIP
U said u were born in the 2000s?
I started when I as 4. My family has a tradition of putting us in dugsi 1 year before kindergarden. My siblings, I and my most of my cousins started at that age.:damn: My family didn't want us to be f***ed up when we started school.

Yaraye

VIP
Lool the mayor of my city visited my dugsi
The head macalin ran to all the classes and told them to hide the sticks
:pachah1::pachah1::drakelaugh:
I'm done. they used wires at my dugsi. Whenever authorities came to visit, they were passed off as phone/ computer chargers :mjlol::lolbron:

Trending

Latest posts