I have lost faith in Somali Unity and Nationhood. Is there any way Darod can secede from Somalia and become a UN member ?

@GaradShabeel what about your clan? You guys urbanes more than us? I know my people are heavy into farming.

Partly true, there are becoming more reer magaal these days :kanyehmm:

However, the majority are still farmers today and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon. I've observed a phenomenon amongst several clans in the Faafan and Hararghe region, that they increasingly are turning into semi-farmers/semi-urbanites. Especially those who have larger farm lands. These people move to the cities and live an urban life while retaining their land and have other people work there instead 😅

Are the Karanle less urban than the other clans? What about your clan?
You're more urbanized than us because you have Babile city. Have a look at Google earth. Uncountable small farming communities riddled outside of the city.
Screenshot_20230828_014732_Earth.jpg

We don't have a city and our largest town is Lafaciise, but you can see it's also riddled with small farming communities outside of the town.
Screenshot_20230828_014710_Earth.jpg

Partly true, there are becoming more reer magaal these days :kanyehmm:

However, the majority are still farmers today and it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon. I've observed a phenomenon amongst several clans in the Faafan and Hararghe region, that they increasingly are turning into semi-farmers/semi-urbanites. Especially those who have larger farm lands. These people move to the cities and live an urban life while retaining their land and have other people work there instead 😅
That’s what my family does. They have farms outside Mogadishu but live in the city and let other people look after it 🤣

You're more urbanized than us because you have Babile city. Have a look at Google earth. Uncountable small farming communities riddled outside of the city.
View attachment 289920

We don't have a city and our largest town is Lafaciise, but you can see it's also riddled with small farming communities outside of the town. View attachment 289921
Have Harrawo region always had such a large population? I've realized they you guys stuck out very much in the entire Somali region. It can only be compared to the Oromos of Haraghes with such a vast population in a relatively dense area.

Last edited:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
@Removed We both know whats happened in Jigjiga this month alone. We're here talking about representation whilst the Jidwaaq Mayor and Police chief can't even do their jobs. Ajnabis have been robbing babies to raping women. It's unexplainable and embarrassing how Jidwaaq have no control over the city.
Are you switching posts from representation to crime rates? lol im actually very happy with how Jigjigas progressing bro let Borama take a hint.
Babible Somali section has about 180k in their fake census and they have only 4 MPs while Nogob that has about 40k more has 12 and another one where the Dhulbahante live with the same population as Babile has 18 MPs

View attachment 289915

That’s Babile and Doolo. Look at the difference in the number of representatives and the yearly budget. According to that pop. count, there is only 5k difference

There’s difference of 12 reps

Budget difference of 390 million
You're more urbanized than us because you have Babile city. Have a look at Google earth of Babile. Uncountable small farming communities riddled outside of the city.
View attachment 289920

We don't have a city and our largest town is Lafaciise, but you can also see it's also riddled with small farming communities. View attachment 289921
@Step a side do you want a source for this photo :lolbron:
334699B1-5178-4DD4-9F6D-CB97F38EBFE5.jpeg

That’s what my family does. They have farms outside Mogadishu but live in the city and let other people look after it 🤣

They are putting a twist to the old agro-pastoralist lifestyle kkk. At least these people end up procreating at a high rate, while the reer magaal farm-leaching communites get all of the perks of not dealing with the physical burden and still end up having a relative low birth rate. We need a revolution now :faysalwtf:

I’ve posted the 1994 Ethiopian census here before faafan also had a population of 800k back then it’s population is probably in the millions now we all know the Ethiopian government likes to downplay Somali numbers but I’ll accept your source
I haven't seen it. Quote it.

Babili city has 70k kulaha. I’m getting bored of this topic. Let the Oromo expansion (which includes the Afran qallo karanle 🤣 ) eastward do the talking 🤣.

Playing both sides? :damn:

You're no different from most bordering communities who've today established a Somali and an Oromo branch of the clan, and now coming for us single-identity people kkk. Can't have it both ways :mjhaps:

Have Harrawo region always had such a large population? I've realized they you guys stuck out very much in the entire Somali region. It can only be compared to the Oromos of Haraghes with such a vast population in a relatively dense area.
Their population boomed when they embraced farming. Those who lived near them also adopted farming around the same time and abandoned their nomadic lifestyles. It was probably the best decision they ever made, taking advantage of the high rainfall and fertile land.
The Abaskuul, Bartire, Yabarre (Jidwaaq), Gadabursi, Sacad Muse (HA), Geri & Jaarso are the farmers of the North. These clans started farming as early as the 1800s.

Source: Environment and Society in Ethiopia

Playing both sides? :damn:

You're no different from all bordering communities who've today established a Somali and an Oromo brach of the clan, and now coming for us single-identity people kkk. Can't have it both ways :mjhaps:

I was joking around. It’s the Oromo who claim Hawiye is Oromo. Check this short TikTok video this elder makes it clear we have borders that separates.

I was joking around. It’s the Oromo who claim Hawiye is Oromo. Check this short TikTok video this elder makes it clear we have borders that separates.

Yeah, I've heard of it before. But people along the borders don't necessarily any problems with each other on a social level anyways (outside of maybe political differences). Too bad I was just trolling you kkk. Karanle is the same to me, whether they speak Oromo or Somali. Y'all share the same lineage 🤣

Yeah, I've heard of it before. But people along the border don't necessarily any problems with each other on a social life anyways (outside of maybe political differences). Too bad I was just trolling you kkk. Karanle is the same to me, whether they speak Oromo or Somali. Y'all share the same lineage 🤣
I know you was joking. Your one of my favourite on here. You know how to keep a sheeko going and going 😂.

Their population boomed when they embraced farming. Those who lived near them also adopted farming around the same time and abandoned their nomadic lifestyles. It was probably the best decision they ever made, taking advantage of the high rainfall and fertile land.

That's true. I heard that how it was socially frowned/looked down upon it was for Somalis to engage in farmings back then up until quite recently. You had to be a xoolo dhaqato and a geeljire to be recognized as true masculine Somali. I don't regret one bit that we left behind that rafaad lifestyle tho. Now everyone is copying us. Oh Allah, the mighty, turning our countrymen to the right direction centuries later :rejoice:

Last edited: