How Somali do you look?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how Somali do you look?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
Originality is not a crime you know :bell:

I look so Somali that even Chinese people know that I am Somali.

I look soo Somali: even Roma Gypsies, know I'm one.

Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 21.30.28.png

9/10

I don't get anything other than Somali, but when I was younger I would get Ethiopian, Bi-racial (half black, half asian/malay) or Indonesian.

I really think that the reason why most people know I'm Somali is because I wear a hijab and long skirts/dresses. Its the quintessential Somali girl outfit. Other muslims, or even other East Africans, rarely wear a skirt in my area.

* I'm also tall too, so that probably adds to it.

** I've also been told that I have a very "Somali" vibe. What does that even mean? :ftw9nwa:

Last edited:
Ill say 10. I once saw an egyptian man in airport and the guy asked me where I am from, before I even said anything he said you are somali. He was a plastic surgeon.

Sxbyall it depends where you live. For example I have been mistaken for ethiopian when I am in an area highly populated by ethiopians. it doesnt mean we are somehow less somali looking.

for the girls saying they have been mistaken for south indians and other asians lol, why dont you just say you have jileec hair
:drakewtf::mjlaugh:

9/10

I don't get anything other than Somali, but when I was younger I would get Ethiopian, Bi-racial (half black, half asian/malay) or Indonesian.

I really think that the reason why most people know I'm Somali is because I wear a hijab and long skirts/dresses. Its the quintessential Somali girl outfit. Other muslims, or even other East Africans, rarely wear a skirt in my area.

* I'm also tall too, so that probably adds to it.

** I've also been told that I have a very "Somali" vibe. What does that even mean? :ftw9nwa:
It basically means that you smell of suugo and nacaalad

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I think an 8. Most of the time people got it right, but some thought I was Morocco (dark skinned morrocans do exist), Suriname, Eritrea or Ethiopa.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I am genuinely surprised such an obscure country was even mentioned :cosbyhmm:
The last time I heard or saw that country's name mentioned was probably a few years ago :damn:

There live a lot of people from Suriname her in the Netherlands!

Status
Not open for further replies.