How Somali do you look?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how Somali do you look?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know youre gonna eye ball me the whole time just tryin to figure what the f*ck i am in the process youll creep me the f*ck out.
Cant count how many times ive had somalis eye ball me until i make it easy and speak somali to them.

I once worked with this really camp fellow who I thought was an Oromo\Horn African LGBT. One day, I caught him telling someone "my parents are from Somalia but I don't speak a word of Somali ". He claimed a European country . It explained why he kept looking at me every time I walked past him . I thought the fellow had an ulterior motive .
# assimilation genocide .
# emasculation genocide .
# linguistic genocide .

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@Amun; the lies you tell.

I have never seen a Somali look like Nilotes, African Americans or South Asians. Perhaps you need glasses. I don't even mistake Somalis for Habeshis.

Dinka-Tribe.png

black-people.jpg

imb-e1445436814384.jpg

Apollo

VIP
@Amun; the lies you tell.

I have never seen a Somali look like Nilotes, African Americans or South Asians. Perhaps you need glasses. I don't even mistake Somalis for Habeshis

Some Somalis look like South Egyptians/dark North Africans/pseudo-Arabs while some others look borderline full Nilote.

This can happen without any new admixture due to random inheritance of phenotype traits.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Some Somalis look like South Egyptians/dark North Africans/pseudo-Arab almost while some others look bother-line full Nilote.

This can happen without any new admixture due to random inheritance of phenotype traits.

I've been to Egypt, trust me, beyond the Beja looking ones, none of them pass as a Somali. And a Somali that looks full Nilote; I've never seen. Very dark skinned yes; but they don't have the same features. I've seen a full spectrum of looks.

mrlog

VIP
I am light skin with thin nose and soft silky hair. To make matters worse, my white stepmother used to gel my hair when I was a kid. People were convinced I was mixed race. Today at the age of 44, I try to undue her whitewashing of me.

Sxb u need to chew Qaad.
Only way to get ur somalinimo back on track

Lmfao, the last one.
His hair is actually on the curly side . A know deceased relative of mine from the MJ Clan was pitch black in phenotype yet her hair was straight like an Indian . I always found that incredible . The pitch black Somalis with soft hair confuses the hell out of non-Somalis .

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
His hair is actually on the curly side . A know deceased relative of mine from the MJ Clan was pitch black in phenotype yet her hair was straight like an Indian . I always found that incredible . The pitch black Somalis with soft hair confuses the hell out of non-Somalis .
True, I know this darskinned Abgaal with wavy hair.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
I look Somali i would like to think but i do occasionally get confused with Ethiopian by the occasional gal so close enough. There are way more somali in this T.O than Ethios so they usually guess Somali first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending