• 2 years

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • More than 2 years

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you don’t know somebody fully in such a short time

Some people are together for years and break up shortly after marriage. You know when someone's right for you. And no amount of time will make you more inclined to one who's not. Intuition is a brilliant thing. :manny:

TooMacaan

VIP
It depends how frequently you're interacting with the other person too, within that certain period of time. Not just a random time frame in and of itself-- there is no magic number, tbf. In my opinion, 2 years is reasonable..if you're seeing or spending time with your potential partner daily (quality of time spent should also be taken into account).

Overall, it probably varies from person to person though; some people may need longer, while others can come to a decision much quicker:zhqjlmx:.

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
3 days is enough, on about 12 months tf...
Following my dads footsteps, proclaimed his jaceyl for my mum and gave her 3 day deadline for her to come up with an answer.
Assertive as f*ck :westbrookswag:

6 months is more than enough.
There is plenty of examples of people lusting for each other so they rush the process and end up getting divorced. But 12-18 months is perfect.

You know what's worse? Dating too long and ending up committing lots of haram, get bored after then calling it quits.

6 months is more than enough.

You know what's worse? Dating too long and ending up committing lots of haram, get bored after then calling it quits.
Dating for a longer period of time doesn’t always lead to committing haram. I’ve seen plenty of people who kept it halal

rabshole

Aragaani
Listen to your Aabo he is a wise man.
6months should be enough to figure out wether you're compatible or not and that's the most important thing.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
First thing is first, if i can’t wait to pipe down future Misses Abaay Abaay we’ll get a Nikkah then we’ll start dating. I will definitely pipe her down in that period and f*ck like rabbits, if she give good head and she a freak I’m not waiting for nothing. I’m marrying her. DEAD ASS.

warculus

pls im broke send moneys
Just kidding man.
On a serious note I believe that if you have known the person as an acquaintance or friend for quite a while before you were in the dating stage, that dating shouldnt be too long (max 3 months). However if you meet someone for the first time, then I reckon it should be roughly maximum 6 months to a year before you propose in order to get to know the person and talk about necassary topics and to avoid xaraam relations

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
First thing is first, if i can’t wait to pipe down future Misses Abaay Abaay we’ll get a Nikkah then we’ll start dating. I will definitely pipe her down in that period and f*ck like rabbits, if she give good head and she a freak I’m not waiting for nothing. I’m marrying her. DEAD ASS.

If youre Done the nikaah youre already married to her
:gucciwhat:

Mercury

VIP
Just kidding man.
On a serious note I believe that if you have known the person as an acquaintance or friend for quite a while before you were in the dating stage, that dating shouldnt be too long (max 3 months). However if you meet someone for the first time, then I reckon it should be roughly maximum 6 months to a year before you propose in order to get to know the person and talk about necassary topics and to avoid xaraam relations
I think one year is enough during that time no touching or sex talk just getting to know them in a halal manner could even go to public places like coffee shops or a picnic in the park

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
You have to take age and financial stability into consideration. You can't expect 18 year olds to date for 6 months and get married. If you are an adult and have career, 6 months is doable. Although in today's world where everyone is so busy and you probably see each other once a week(if that) you are pushing it.

More than 2 years ?

quuran miyu baraya
:mahubowtf:

Anythig less than 1.5 year is bound to fail. 2 years is perfect, you have enought time to know someone and you also have enough time to be sure about your descition. Statistically speaking, studies show that, those who married after 2-3 years of dating are less likely to get devorce than those who rushed to into marriage.

Mercury

VIP
Anythig less than 1.5 year is bound to fail. 2 years is perfect, you have enought time to know someone and you also have enough time to be sure about your descition. Statistically speaking, studies show that, those who married after 2-3 years of dating are less likely to get devorce than those who rushed to into marriage.
I agree with you too many rush into marriage only to get divorced shortly After

Depends. Some people rush to get married, hoping that the guy/girl will save them from their misery. Marriage CANNOT make you happy- research has shown this.

But, I would say 6 months-1 year. It also depends on whether y'all are talking about pertinent issues (i.e. finances, deen, general compatibility) or just chilling.

Also, it depends on where you are in life- are you in school? Do you have dreams/goals that you have yet to accomplish? Personally for me, until I have completed my goals and have gotten to where I want in life, iA, I wouldn't feel comfortable getting married. I'd feel that marriage would stunt my personal growth.

Last edited:
Had this argument yesterday with my Aabo.
How long should you date someone before it’s time to get married?
My dad says that it shouldn’t take more than 6 months. But I think that you should have at least dated for 1-2 years.

What’s the ideal time for you guys?
4-5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts