Hi I'm a Somali Chiro Doc

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Welcome, Its a good and funny place here.

questions:
Personal question but how much money do you make? private practice or nah,
Second question: Are you satisfied with your career choice? what would you do different and do you have any regrets.

Welcome, Its a good and funny place here.

questions:
Personal question but how much money do you make? private practice or nah,
Second question: Are you satisfied with your career choice? what would you do different and do you have any regrets.
First year associates can make anywhere from 80k-120k depending on what state you live in.

Business owners with a private practice can make anywhere from 300-700k depending on overhead costs, marketing, taxes etc.

Am I satisfied with my career choice? Absolutely. It's a great job if you like working with your hands, are good at socializing/networking and have the entrepreneurial spirit.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Adhesive capsulitis occurs when the ligaments and tendons around your shoulder joint thicken and eventually gets stuck.

So there a few things I can do as a Chiro to help you out with this issue:

1) Active Muscle Trigger Point Release. This is where a chiropractor uses their hands to apply pressure to specific muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your shoulder while you move your arm.

The combination of applied pressure and specific movements will improve your range of motion, break down scar tissue, and reduce pain. This will take awhile but it definitely helps.

2) A shoulder adjustment. Picture your chiropractor gently moving your shoulder to its limits — that’s what chiropractic manipulation is all about! This process helps to stretch or break down the adhesions (sticky bits of scar tissue) causing your shoulder stiffness and pain.

The goal of a chiropractic manipulation is to get your shoulder joint moving freely again with immediate pain relief. But, it’s not a one-time fix. You might need a few sessions to get the full benefit, so patience is key.

3) Stretching plus ice. Actively moving your frozen shoulder can be quite painful but it's important to stay mobile and stretch your extremities everyday. Below is a link to some stretches that might be helpful to you:

If all the above do not work after several weeks/months, you may be a good candidate for a cortisone injection. I usually recommend this to my patients that are much older but this is a great option if the pain becomes unbearable. I hope this helps.

Reference:

Attachments

• image_123650291 (1).JPG
    image_123650291 (1).JPG
    346 KB · Views: 74
What’s with the chiropractic field creating dependency on the doctor to relieve the pain? Someone who has a problem might go to a clinic, get serviced, and feel even worse than they did before in a few weeks, although feeling immediate relief. This feels gimmicky, almost as if it’s a business practice to to create returning patients.

What’s with the chiropractic field creating dependency on the doctor to relieve the pain? Someone who has a problem might go to a clinic, get serviced, and feel even worse than they did before in a few weeks, although feeling immediate relief. This feels gimmicky, almost as if it’s a business practice to to create returning patients.
Have you ever been to a Chiropractic clinic before?

I have people in my family that have been
Sounds good. Honestly, back when I was a teenager before I heard about the field, I felt the same way you did. Until I actually saw a science based Chiropractor who helped a family member of mine get their ability to walk back in real time.

I have had patients who couldn't straighten their back come to me after seeing an MD and were severely hunched over. After a few weeks of treatment he was walking straight with no pain. So the truth is Chiropractic is not a cure-all for every diagnosis. That would be silly.

But for back, neck and joint pain we can definitely help. I will post a video below to give you an example of what I'm talknig about:

Sounds good. Honestly, back when I was a teenager before I heard about the field, I felt the same way you did. Until I actually saw a science based Chiropractor who helped a family member of mine get their ability to walk back in real time.

I have had patients who couldn't straighten their back come to me after seeing an MD and were severely hunched over. After a few weeks of treatment he was walking straight with no pain. So the truth is Chiropractic is not a cure-all for every diagnosis. That would be silly.

But for back, neck and joint pain we can definitely help. I will post a video below to give you an example of what I'm talknig about:

What about sciatica? My sister has this and it affects her ability to walk, the chiro kept relieving her pain, but after she stopped going the issue still remained, he gave no specified time of when treatment would stop

How can I become a chiropractor
At least in the states, you will need a 4 years bachelors degree and a 4 years doctorate degree in Chiropractic. The school I went to also offers both degrees in 6 years if you go straight from high school. I'll post the curriculum below:

Attachments

• Chiro_Curriculum-Sheet_Feb-2024-2.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 23
What about sciatica? My sister has this and it affects her ability to walk, the chiro kept relieving her pain, but after she stopped going the issue still remained, he gave no specified time of when treatment would stop
First off let me say I hope your sister is feeling better and doing well Inshallah Khair.

Sciatica is a bit trickier since it really depends. Most of the time sciatica occurs when the piriformis muscle that lies on top of the sciatic nerve is spastic and hypertonic. This causes it to pinch the sciatic nerve and cause pain/numbness down the back of the leg. However, there are some instances (13%) where the sciatic nerve goes through the piriformis muscle or loops around the muscle entirely. This is an anatomical variation where the problem could lie. A good skilled chiropractor would have referred out to get an MRI taken to double check. If this were the case, I would have changed her entire treatment plan.

First off let me say I hope your sister is feeling better and doing well Inshallah Khair.

Sciatica is a bit trickier since it really depends. Most of the time sciatica occurs when the piriformis muscle that lies on top of the sciatic nerve is spastic and hypertonic. This causes it to pinch the sciatic nerve and cause pain/numbness down the back of the leg. However, there are some instances (13%) where the sciatic nerve goes through the piriformis muscle or loops around the muscle entirely. This is an anatomical variation where the problem could lie. A good skilled chiropractor would have referred out to get an MRI taken to double check. If this were the case, I would have changed her entire treatment plan.
Thanks for the info. She’s far away from you and was hoping to see you, as she was excited about seeing a Somali in this field. However she explained that it would take far too many resources to come see you.

she reacted positively to everything you said and felt as though you really understood the issue at hand. You and her current doctor are on the same page, she has had an MRI and is going for follow up.

Trending