Has anone received backhanded compliment when you say your somali?

Vapour

#FullTimeStalker
I got told that in 2018 and again in 2022....
It's a lot rarer than it seems. But ehhh. I get it man. I'm not delusional. They know we're different to them (Is Somalia in Africa type of shit?). I just never got that Somalian comment. And I'm surrounded by Madows in South. Most they say is that I'm built (wham) for a Mali.

It's a lot rarer than it seems. But ehhh. I get it man. I'm not delusional. They know we're different to them (Is Somalia in Africa type of shit?). I just never got that Somalian comment. And I'm surrounded by Madows in South. Most they say is that I'm built (wham) for a Mali.
lol.wham is such a typical roadmam word. Since your a man they're obviously not going to give you compliments or say anything rude towards you, but with somali girls they're harsh I noticed, these maadow dudes.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
These people know how diverse we can be kkkkkkkkkkk. It's psychological warfare used against the weak. They do this on purpose due to insecurity and hatred. They refuse to accept the reality that there can be a group of people from the same continent as them who don't share anything with them when it comes to looks. In my opinion, all of this 'ohh, I didn't know you were Somali' is part of their plan to make you feel inferior and like you can never look good without being associated with an ethnicity other than your own. These people are well aware of our diversity. These lines are straight out of the racist's playbook. They know exactly what they're doing. Never fall for their tactics. They'll act clueless and pretend what they're saying is out of ignorance when it's not. That nonsense is fucking laughable.

Other ajnabis copy their moves and use the same shit against us, it's not only limited to madows

Got You Smile GIF by Miami HEAT

Last edited:
These people know how diverse we can be kkkkkkkkkkk. It's psychological warfare used against the weak. They do this on purpose due to insecurity and hatred. They refuse to accept the reality that there can be a group of people from the same continent as them who don't share anything with them when it comes to looks. In my opinion, all of this 'ohh, I didn't know you were Somali' is part of their plan to make you feel inferior and like you can never look good without being associated with an ethnicity other than your own. These people are well aware of diversity. These lines are straight out of the racist's playbook. They know exactly what they're doing. Never fall for their tactics. They'll act clueless and pretend what they're saying is out of ignorance when it's not. That nonsense is fucking laughable.

Other ajnabis copy their moves and use the same shit against us, it's not only limited to madows

Got You Smile GIF by Miami HEAT
I totally agree. There are some who actually don't know how we look and assume we look like barkhad aka dumb Americans.

When I use to be a lurkers some Somalis were talking about how they would receive backhanded compliments but it was from non African to African ( racists ) .

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
I can relate people think I'm.eritrean and get suprised once they find out I'm somali. Even some maadow guy years back found it hard to believe I'm somali and even said "I'm.suprised you don't look somalian. I would have assumed your eritrean. I also got other backhanded compliments from ofcourse ajanabis. They get shocked because I'm actually very lightskin and so they assume somalis don't come in that shade. I find it annoying since we aren't a monolith and we come in different shades. I will admit when I was younger my skin colour was extremely pale so I understand why people assumed i was biracial, but now my skintone isn't as super pale as it was but somehow I can't be somali. Can any somali relate with me? and do you find it super jarring?
Madows and cadaans are getting more advanced how can they tell apart Ethiopians and somalis

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
I can relate people think I'm.eritrean and get suprised once they find out I'm somali. Even some maadow guy years back found it hard to believe I'm somali and even said "I'm.suprised you don't look somalian. I would have assumed your eritrean. I also got other backhanded compliments from ofcourse ajanabis. They get shocked because I'm actually very lightskin and so they assume somalis don't come in that shade. I find it annoying since we aren't a monolith and we come in different shades. I will admit when I was younger my skin colour was extremely pale so I understand why people assumed i was biracial, but now my skintone isn't as super pale as it was but somehow I can't be somali. Can any somali relate with me? and do you find it super jarring?
Thats Bullshit you are from London and so am i
Somalis there are super light skinned except fobs
Maybe you were not wearing a hijab is why they thought you were Eritrean

Trending