Ethnicity vs Compatibility when having kids

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
reread some of ur posts u malnourished incel. go ahead and date out there's no need to be an attention seeking self hater.
What 😂😂 show me the quote I've hated on somali women please?? Im proud of my identity as a somalilander and Britain. So take ya bullshit elsewhere

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
This nigga is a hater l love my identity as a somalilander. I say it with my chest high
giphy.gif

Somali people born in the west seem to have ideological differences. To me, the men are socially conservative whilst the women are socially liberal.

So, when having kids why do most people make a Somali partner their baseline requirement when in reality, you could be in a better situation with someone who you are more similar to.

I can imagine picking a partner based on such criteria and then later falling out on many decisions for your kids.
Marry a wife back home that’s socially conservative and is compatible with you. Women in America are 100% not worth it.

they think breeding their unfortunate genes will result in an attractive offspring. full or half offspring i feel sorry for whatever child gets cursed with such a lame self hating parent.

I have seen enough ajinabi women, to know I won’t marry one.

but educated, well cultured, religious and modest Somali women are like unicorns, non existent.

so excuse me for not willingly gambling away my future, and getting with a she creature that knows more about qomul luud rights. than those of her own husband and children in accordance with Allah.

in Islam it states that the woman is the child’s first teachers, I’ll be sure to get a woman that can teach my child the beauty of deen and the Somali culture. rather twerking, afrobeats and qomul luud.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
People have the right to marry who they please. Ethnicity or Compatibility should not be posed as an either-or-question when its possible for people to have both of those in common. In fact, one could assert that it makes life significantly easier. The problem arises when one tries to paint Somali men or women in one brush stroke or engages in projection because they have grievance with a particular gender from their ethnicity *ahem*.

For marriage purposes, I don't differentiate between Somalis and other ethnic groups anymore. I have realised that the local Muslim culture is the same across ethnicities and only varies slightly between those born and raised here. It is background noise.

I didn't understand at first either, but a lot of Somalis do not acknowledge the fundamental difference in ideology. Once that inevitably sets in, things will start to make more sense.

We are entering a pseudo post-ethnicity future. I'm noticing a lot of marriages between different Muslim communities. I can see that being an American Muslim will be a stronger identity than being a Somali-American, Pakistani-American or any other hyphenated people.
Don't you think you are over-exaggerating the universal Muslim cultural influence a little bit? Yes, Islam crosses borders and occasionally transcends national identity, but you must agree that the modern situation is far from leading to as you put it a "pseudo-post-ethnicity" in the future.

This is because the nationalistic feeling has taken root in many Islamic communities these days, an Egyptian sees him/herself first as an Egyptian rather than a Muslim sadly. The same way a Saudi sees him/herself as different to a Morrocan or a Jordanian regardless of religion.

This is generally also the case in the West even if there is fraternisation between differing Muslim ethnic groups, there is also subtle segregation happening. A Somali area is predominately Somali and an Iranian area is predominately Iranian and as such, there is much less mixing going on as you're proposing.

Yes, there are the occasional outliers that maritally mix but it really isn't as common as you might think. Social media and the internet, in general, give an impression that marriage between different Muslim groups is increasing but an impression is just that, an impression. It doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
It's hard enough having a lasting relationship and reering children with people from your own ethnicity, why make things harder for yourself? :wtfdis:
Who said its harder to marry out ? Sometimes its actually easier
easier cuz you don't have to go through the same process. Its all circumstance , not every case some mixed marriges work our very, well some fail. same thing with all somali marriges, some fail and some work out. Its all circumstance and situation.

World

VIP
Lies niggas tend to be more Conservative and females tend to be more liberal just common facts
I think more Somali girls are religious than Somali guys to be honest, at least in the UK.

Too many roadmen Somali guys who are no different to madows. Somali girls you usually see are the abaya/hijab wearing types. But there is a huge amount that are no better than Somali guys.

World

VIP
Yes and no. I'm from waqoyi and I literally can't understand Southern somaliu dialect. We also have different dishes to the konfur guys. You guys have much more variety I've seen southern somali it looks so different to any thing I've seen. Also somalis are very qabilistic. Some somali familys would rather there kids marry from ajnabis than certain somali clans. So yes we are different not exactly the same
My parents are both Dhulbahante but from Sool and Jubbaland, there is hardly any difference between them.

Trending