Dijibouti anti somaliness

Djiboutians are actually the most cultured Somalis and their western born children all speak Somali fluently. Their weddings use Somali clothing and they do warrior dances. Somalis from outside Djibouti are no where near as culturally Somali as them. Djiboutians are Somalis without the Ayrab influence.

But Djiboutians are also the most secular and have the most gaal of all Somalis. They also have the most gays and many have dogs as pets. I have also not seen a single Djibouti girl wear a hijab. They are not suspectible to terrorism or religious extremism. You will not find one that ran to join ISIS or Al Shabab.

Djiboutians are very hard to explain and full of contradictions. But I know all about them and I know them very well. The city I grew up in is at least 1/3 Djiboutian and most of my Somali friends are Djiboutians so I am very qualified to speak on behalf of them.

I know many Djiboutians and are all hijabis and practising. I don't get where the secular label comes from. Somalis are more or less the same no matter the location. :ufdup:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Somalis have strong grip on power in Djibouti that it is hard to go far without not finissing the somali language. Even the most successfull of afars and arabs are forced to be fluent in somali language in order to survive and get meaningfull position. I was born in djibouti and grew up there all the way to 15 years old yet i can hardly pronounce a single word in afar. That tells you the rest are forced to speak somali language which is the defacto language. Only a somali can grow up in djibouti all his life and not lnow a word of other language yet all others are forced to speak you in your own language.

Last edited:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
I would not fear the future of somalis in djibouti since they control everything. I would rather have a fear for the somalis in ethiopia and kenya who will no doubt somewhere down the line in the future be forced to speak amaharic and kikiyu languages.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
We're not anti Somali & literally every other Jabuutian I've met in Canada were fluent in Somali to the point we used to bully the Landers & Koonfeer man's who knew jackshit of afka hooyada. :yloezpe: :yloezpe: :yloezpe: :yloezpe:

Djiboutians are actually the most cultured Somalis and their western born children all speak Somali fluently. Their weddings use Somali clothing and they do warrior dances. Somalis from outside Djibouti are no where near as culturally Somali as them. Djiboutians are Somalis without the Ayrab influence.

But Djiboutians are also the most secular and have the most gaal of all Somalis. They also have the most gays and many have dogs as pets. I have also not seen a single Djibouti girl wear a hijab. They are not suspectible to terrorism or religious extremism. You will not find one that ran to join ISIS or Al Shabab.

Djiboutians are very hard to explain and full of contradictions. But I know all about them and I know them very well. The city I grew up in is at least 1/3 Djiboutian and most of my Somali friends are Djiboutians so I am very qualified to speak on behalf of them.
which city? OTTAWA? lol IM djiboutienne and you low key right but i dissagree on the homosexuality and dogs AS pets

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
I like reer Djibouti , all the Djiboutian Somalis I’ve met were proud to be Somali and Muslim. You also don’t see them identifying with their tribe but instead with their country .

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar

I live in a city with many reer Djibouti , I wouldn’t say they are gaals just a little bit more westernized compared to Somalis from Somalia. The only difference is they will be more open with certain behavior whereas we just hide everything. Our people have just as many people who engage in un islamic behavior.

Congratulations —This thread is the epitome of Jahilnimo. To develop an opinion based on one interaction is beyond silly and actually quite troubling

Djibouti is a diverse nation not simply one ethnicity. And they don’t waste their time on trying to bring down others but focus instead on themselves.

We can learn a lot from them!

Trending