Christian marrying Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the reasons cited for this was stupid. Growing up i was told that believing women couldn't marry gaals because the children inherit the deen from the father but like... Isn't every child born Muslim? Lmao whatisthetruth.gif

Would they still give you a Somali wedding?

I haven't even thought about wedding :eek: marriage talks always makes me quesy lol

Probably yeah, my parents wedding was pretty quiet affair but I know if I asked for a lavish wedding they wouldn't say no. I'm the oldest daughter so it's all out or nothing :wow:

To bad I'm not one for big weddings

VixR

Veritas
Im gonna do this lmao I'll give him a script and a list of things to memorise before he meets my family :siilaanyolaugh:

Obviously not a Christian but any generic gaal will do kkkkk
It's tricky isn't it. Ideally, I don't even want him to pretend to be a Muslim. I want an irreligious rational person that's grounded in reality. If I see him muttering to the sky, I might get the wandering eye.

It's tricky isn't it. Ideally, I don't even want him to pretend to be a Muslim. I want an irreligious rational person that's grounded in reality. If I see him muttering to the sky, I might get the wandering eye.

Same same. If I'm being honest, i don't think I could keep the charade up for long lol sooner or later the cracks are gonna show through

Might just tell them upfront and be done with it :francis: rip the plaster off clean in one go

So youre an atheist xaliimo.@Bahals theory is yet to be disproved unfortunately:francis:
Looks like it backfired on u :ufdup:

Now take ur crackpot theories elsewhere :camby:

VixR

Veritas
Same same. If I'm being honest, i don't think I could keep the charade up for long lol sooner or later the cracks are gonna show through

Might just tell them upfront and be done with it :francis: rip the plaster off clean in one go

Looks like it backfired on u :ufdup:

Now take ur crackpot theories elsewhere :camby:
Ive heard of ex-Muslim atheist couples having the religious wedding and all, and then living regular lives without the extended family being none the wiser, but it's easiest to pull off within the same ethnic background, or if they're both of Muslim background. If you want a regular gaal, it's either fake conversion or ripping that bandAid off.

My parents highkey think I'm going through a phase. I think cementing that with a out and full on gaal would probably be too much for them, so we'd have to play that off or keep my life separate. Like move or something. I don't expect I'd find atheist Somali to equal what I've known, and think they're very fishy and duplicitous in general, and can't be trusted, in general. They're better off marrying non-practicing Muslim girls or Muslim-lite girls.

Last edited:
What's your opinion on Muslim women Christian men marriages?

Here's an article that speaks about it:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/muslim-women-should-able-marry-non-muslim-men-kanak-pal

GKB

Hassan Al Turabi, an eminent Sunni scholar who is one of the fathers of "modern" Islamists who holds a PHD in Islamic Law and a former prime-minister of Sudan made a fatwa that a Christian or a Jewish man can marry a Muslim women without converting to Islam. Google.

r u me? My parents think I'm going thru a phase as well :icon lol: it's like self induced denial man

think they're very fishy and duplicitous in general, and can't be trusted, in general. They're better off marrying non-practicing Muslim girls or Muslim-lite girls.

:ohdamn:

I know exactly what you mean unfortunately :deadosama: I'll add flakey and weak minded to the list kkkkk

Last edited:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
GKB

Hassan Al Turabi, an eminent Sunni scholar who is one of the fathers of "modern" Islamists who holds a PHD in Islamic Law and a former prime-minister of Sudan made a fatwa that a Christian or a Jewish man can marry a Muslim women without converting to Islam. Google.
He also encourages alcohol drinking. Pass :idontlike:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
have never seen such a union

most somali girls who marry a religious man who isn't muslim are well outside the fold of islam by then

they gone

VixR

Veritas
r u me? My parents think I'm going to a phase as well :icon lol: it's like self induced denial man

:ohdamn:

I know exactly what you mean unfortunately :deadosama: I'll add flakey and weak minded to the list kkkkk
Believe me, there are different ones (by making this plural, I'm only assuming), but they are definitely full-fledged unicorns.

I regretted telling them.

They told me to read conversion stories; Yusuf Estes, AH Quick, Hamza Yusuf. They told me to listen to that Canadian Somali guy that disses girls 'cuz they heard he's relatable to youth. They got me literature. They asked, was it us? It was this whole thing. I regretted saying anything wallahi and thought about backpedalling, but it'd only be more damaging.

Ive heard of ex-Muslim atheist couples having the religious wedding and all, and then living regular lives without the extended family being none the wiser, but it's easiest to pull off within the same ethnic background, or if they're both of Muslim background. If you want a regular gaal, it's either fake conversion or ripping that bandAid off.

My parents highkey think I'm going through a phase. I think cementing that with a out and full on gaal would probably be too much for them, so we'd have to play that off or keep my life separate. Like move or something. I don't expect I'd find atheist Somali to equal what I've known, and think they're very fishy and duplicitous in general, and can't be trusted, in general. They're better off marrying non-practicing Muslim girls or Muslim-lite girls.
TBH I don't blame them, from reading your posts you sound like a teenager obsessed with asserting their identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending