Breaking News: The SSC have officially submitted a petition to the federal government to be recognized as a federal State.

In 1932 there was more Omar Mahmud(MJ) in Xamar than Xawaadle, Murusade, Shekhaal and Habar Gidir. I don’t think being “native” means anything to him, just who got xooged out of Xamar post 1991 and who holds military power. Because before that, it was a cosmopolitan city where even Isaaq were heavily represented.

View attachment 242405
Good find sxb! Also funny thing, my mother is from WG and there were a sizeable amount of Issaqs in Xamar from what she and my reer abtis told me, I believe many still have their papers for properties as well. My abti actually has pictures of his old house in this exact area near where all the tourists used to be.

There is no Darod clan who can be considered native, they came with the Italians. And I consider even 3rd generation Darods to be marti. People who didn't fight for Xamar are marti who are there because of the good nature of Mudulood mainly.
That is simply not true, Awrtable (my clan) were there since 1700'd, maybe even longer as there was an established trade network there. They did not come with the Italians. Look it up if you don't believe me. I don't care whether you consider us natives as most of us don't live in Xamar anymore and have to Harti lands which we have a better stake in. I'm just making a point
You are fooling yourself if you think money can get you what blood ties can in Xamar
Blood ties kulha.. give me 100 million dollars and 30,000 Habir Gibir and I promise you they will forget about your hawyienimo. I'll turn them into Daroods overnight
I am astonished actually that there exist so many delusional people who think you can just move to other peoples land and vie for power. I've said it before and I'll say it again if you want to represent people, Somalia is clan based culture you should go to tour tol and represent them there. Best think we can offer you is a marti status as a shacab.
No one is saying that, this isn't 1991, no one is going to take your land away by force. All I said is that money matters more nowadays than tol for some people and that number is increasing. You are getting offended for no reason, the political elite will be those who have money. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but that is the way I see Somali politics heading

Good find sxb! Also funny thing, my mother is from WG and there were a sizeable amount of Issaqs in Xamar from what she and my reer abtis told me, I believe many still have their papers for properties as well. My abti actually has pictures of his old house in this exact area near where all the tourists used to be.

My family lived in Hodan from 1950s to present day. The oldest building in our Xaafad was our first family home. It is crazy how demographics of that particular neighborhood has changed over the past 60 years. I always listen to my abkow when he talks about the beefs his older brothers would have with Murusade youth all the time where a huge multistory building is built on today. The xaafad went from Wacbuudhan majority to Waceysle and Murusade to Majeerteen to Isaaq to Dhulbahante to Ceyr. And today it has become quite livid center of trading, with big businesses operating all over the place. Those who know Xamar well, know the neighborhood I'm referring to.

Last edited:
There is article 49, nothing is stopping the people in that region from becoming a federal state. You need to have politicians on the ground to make this happen. I wish them the best.

World

VIP
I’d understand if you said more daroods than xawaadle and hg back then but mursade is hard to believe for me. They always had a sizeable population in banadir for quite a while
Abgaal: 2164
Murusade: 331
HG: 454
Hawaadle: 161
Sheekhaal: 356
Omar Mahmud (MJ): 667

…..
dhulbahante: 58 :rejoice: we are native as well

That is simply not true, Awrtable (my clan) were there since 1700'd, maybe even longer as there was an established trade network there. They did not come with the Italians. Look it up if you don't believe me. I don't care whether you consider us natives as most of us don't live in Xamar anymore and have to Harti lands which we have a better stake in. I'm just making a point
Never heard of them.
Blood ties kulha.. give me 100 million dollars and 30,000 Habir Gibir and I promise you they will forget about your hawyienimo. I'll turn them into Daroods overnight
Good luck with that, Hawiye don't have sheegato dhaqan.
No one is saying that, this isn't 1991, no one is going to take your land away by force. All I said is that money matters more nowadays than tol for some people and that number is increasing. You are getting offended for no reason, the political elite will be those who have money. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but that is the way I see Somali politics heading
Money has always mattered lol but to most people it will never overcome extended familial and clan ties.

World

VIP
@Rationale @Prince of HS or anyone, are you against the following points?

-peace and security for everyone that lives in Xamar
-laws protecting businesses and property to everyone in Xamar
-population votes democratically for who they want to have political power

if you agree, then where does clan come into the mix? maybe in 30 years time, Rahanweyn will be the largest clan in Xamar but as long as those three points are met, what’s wrong with that? unless you want us to live in a lawless society.

-population votes for who they want to have political power

if you agree, then where does clan come into the mix? maybe in 30 years time, Rahanweyn will be the largest clan in Xamar but as long as those three points are met, what’s wrong with that? unless you want us to live in a lawless society.
I disagree on the third point, only Hawiye and Reer Xamar should have voting rights rest can go vote in their tuulo.
:manny:

-population votes democratically for who they want to have political power

As long as somalia is a clan based country, I am against the third point. However I definitely agree with the first two. Everyone and anyone who is somali can live and work in Mogadishu and have their lives as well as their livelihoods be protected.

But as long as I cannot have the same political rights as a reer Puntland in pl for example, he shouldn’t have same rights as me in banadir or hirshabelle

World

VIP
As long as somalia is a clan based country, I am against the third point. However I definitely agree with the first two. Everyone and anyone who is somali can live and work in Mogadishu and have their lives as well as their livelihoods be protected.

But as long as I cannot have the same political rights as a reer Puntland in pl for example, he shouldn’t have same rights as me in banadir or hirshabelle
As long as you’ve lived in Puntland for 7 years you’re allowed to vote and register in their elections. So you do have the same right as Reer Puntland, not sure who told you otherwise. There were multiple threads here about IDP’s of Southern Somalia registering to vote in the elections.

As long as you’ve lived in Puntland for 7 years you’re allowed to vote and register in their elections. So you do have the same right as Reer Puntland, not sure who told you otherwise. There were multiple threads here about IDP’s of Southern Somalia registering to vote in the elections.

4.5 is going to end soon once AS is a thing of the past and 1P1V will occur. This will probably solve most of Somalia’s political clan issues. I just hope there are respect for the natives of cities. This is mainly directed to mareexaan who tried silence hawiye in Mogadishu during kacaan era and harti and Ogaden in kismayo post 1991.

If something like that doesn’t happen again, I don’t see Somalia having a new civil war again post AS and peace will prevail

Bad trade no one wants to live there. As long as we have 4.5 I won't share my jewel with shisheeye. They are willingly leaving their clan lands and even the west to live under us and contribute to our economy when I'm this weak, of course I am going to bargain for the most favorable deal for my community.

4.5 is going to end soon once AS is a thing of the past and 1P1V will occur. This will probably solve most of Somalia’s political clan issues. I just hope there are respect for the natives of cities. This is mainly directed to mareexaan who tried silence hawiye in Mogadishu during kacaan era and harti and Ogaden in kismayo post 1991.

If something like that doesn’t happen again, I don’t see Somalia having a new civil war again post AS and peace will prevail
Don't fall for this @World he is a xaasid laangaab who would rather bar others from prospering than develop his own land.
1667816857726.png

1667816870820.png

Giving these people who are more loyal to their clan elders rights to vote on Banadir issues is a disaster for our prosperity.

World

VIP
Bad trade no one wants to live there. As long as we have 4.5 I won't share my jewel with shisheeye. They are willingly leaving their clan lands and even the west to live under us and contribute to our economy when I'm this weak, of course I am going to bargain for the most favorable deal for my community.

Don't fall for this @World he is a xaasid laangaab who would rather bar others from prospering than develop his own land.
View attachment 242411
View attachment 242412
Giving these people who are more loyal to their clan elders rights to vote on Banadir issues is a disaster for our prosperity.
If you couldn’t tell, I was trolling. But in every civilised country whether that be in US, UK, South Korea or France, people from one city of a country can move and live in another city and after a few years, eventually vote. It’s simple, either you join the civilised world or you can choose to remain a 3rd world country that ranks last on every human development index.

The 15th amendment in America was created because African Americans weren’t allowed to vote before 1870. No different to saying people from certain clans can’t vote even though their grandparents were born there.

If you couldn’t tell, I was trolling. But in every civilised country whether that be in US, UK, South Korea or France, people from one city of a country can move and live in another city and after a few years, eventually vote. It’s simple, either you join the civilised world or you can choose to remain a 3rd world country that ranks last on every human development index.

The 15th amendment in America was created because African Americans weren’t allowed to vote before 1870. No different to saying people from certain clans can’t vote even though their grandparents were born there.
It is what is. I consider myself civilised, I have no desire to emulate gaalo. My land my rules, if you don't like it you can always move out. But we both know you will stay because my people are good lords.
:manny: :manny:

View attachment 242412
Wouldn’t want to live in Puntland no way but just using them as an example as they are usually the ones who moan about the capital being a clan city and others having no political rights there. As long as 4.5 is here, no sharing banadir

World

VIP
It is what is. I consider myself civilised, I have no desire to emulate gaalo. My land my rules, if you don't like it you can always move out. But we both know you will stay because my people are good lords.
:manny: :manny:
If Benadir state happened, there is no way that only certain clans will be allowed to vote. You are a random person with no influence back home. So it’s not your rules.

Wouldn’t want to live in Puntland no way but just using them as an example as they are usually the ones who moan about the capital being a clan city and others having no political rights there
Listen you give rights to immigrants because you want them to move in and you have to compete for the human resources. We have the largest and wealthiest city on lock, we don't have to compete with others they will move in out of their own volition. Thus we can make sure our people are eating well and only look after our interest. PL can become the beacon of human rights and all that is good and yet I would be against giving them rights to vote in Xamar. Love your people first and foremost.
:manny:
Our policies shouldn't be reactionary but ones that benefit our people and even gives us edge over others within the boundaries of Islam of course.
season 3 cheers GIF by Berlin Station

Last edited:
“what’s your abtirsi?”

“you’re not abgaal?”

“sorry you’re not allowed to vote”

:pachah1: as if halane would allow that
You would be surprised! but it would be more like:

''What is your abtirsi?''

'' I see you are from Las Canood?''

''Sorry your country Somaliland has elections next year''
:pachah1::pachah1:

Trending