Banaadir residents only!!

We are not talking about what ought to be, we are discussing what is. In a normal federation the central government would collect taxes from every region. That is not the case here.

In a normal federation local governments are elected by the people, once again that is not the case here.

@a_bilan Why should we demand more from appointed officials who operate with fraction of the revenue collected? We'd be barking at the wrong tree. Don't you think so?
I don't understand what you are trying to get at. Since Banaadiir pays most of the tax, this region should be the only recipient of federal services? Is this not what the detractors of the FGS disparage: a federal government who's jurisdiction and funding barely extend a city?
I'm all for Banaadiir and Mogadishu city renegotiating a tax system with the federal government, it would be odd for something like property tax to go towards the federal government rather than the municipal gov. All I'm saying is, blurring the lines between the regional governments and the federal government further delegitimizes the FGS

Also, the political row is with Puntland and Somaliland who both don't rely on tax funds from the FGS and are currently not in a fight against Alshabaab in their regions. Pulling the plug on the SNA in central and south central Somalia does not sound like something a lot of people in Xamar want as they see it as 'their land' too.

Latest posts