Are you a believer in God?

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”
[al-Saaffaat 37:11]
(nothing metaphorical about the countless of verses in the quran that clearly states humans are made out of clay)

Biological Engineers from Cornell University's department for Nanoscale Science in New York state believe clay 'might have been the birthplace of life on Earth'.
That is hilarious

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
(2:21-30; cf. And We have created you (plural), then fashioned you (plural), then told the Forces: Fall you prostrate before Adam! 7:11)

"Adam" is used as plural to refer to all of man, it's an allegorical story when you actually try to read it and not just memorize it.
Then was Noah gathering all the species on earth allegorical too? It's a slippery slope when you start to use that reasoning on seemingly clear topics the Quran describes. Are there allegorical passages in the Quran no doubt but things that clear cut like creating Adam and him existing aren't up for serious debate in Islam lol

Exodus

Alienist
Then was Noah gathering all the species on earth allegorical too? It's a slippery slope when you start to use that reasoning on seemingly clear topics the Quran describes. Are there allegorical passages in the Quran no doubt but things that clear cut like creating Adam and him existing aren't up for serious debate in Islam lol
One thing you need to understand is that evolution is as real as gravity

The story of Adam is allegorical because the Qur’an, unlike the Bible, does not use proper names; Adam and his fall refer to more of the concept of human weakness rather than the story of a specific individual. The only way to reconcile the creation story and modern science is for Adam's story to be allegorical.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP

The story of Adam is allegorical because the Qur’an, unlike the Bible, does not use proper names; Adam and his fall refers to more to a concept of human weakness rather than the story of a specific individual. The only way to reconcile the creation story and modern science is for Adam's story to be allegorical.
Did Allah create humans or did Allah spark a bacteria that evolved into mankind? Pick one Exodus this is what you seem to be implying. I don't doubt evolution but it's irreconcilable with the Quran with the way you're framing it. Who ate from the tree a metaphor? Who was cast to earth a metaphor?

Perhaps there are verses of the quran to support evolution but it would be weird to reconcile them with Adam

Last edited:

Exodus

Alienist
Did Allah create humans or did Allah spark a bacteria that evolved into mankind? Pick one Exodus this is what you seem to be implying. I don't doubt evolution but it's irreconcilable with the Quran with the way you're framing it. Who ate from the tree a metaphor? Who was cast to earth a metaphor?
Allah is the creator in both situations, does it really matter?

The story of Adam is not time-bound, its events are meant to be occurring in all tenses – past, present and future – including present continuous.

Adam's story takes place entirely on Earth, there are no references to it being set elsewhere, the whole story is an allegory of the hubris of humanity.

"Adam" is replaced by "Bashar (man)" numerous times throughout the Qur'an and the story eventually identifies Adam as plural, as standing for all humans of all times. How can that not be an obvious allusion to the fact that it's not a literal story?

Exodus

Alienist
better than that evolution dude who calls himself muslim. He is doing me heading.
I bet you believe the world is flat as well and that the Illuminati did 9/11. How is it that in this age of information for a person to be so misinformed?

The story of Adam is allegorical because the Qur’an, unlike the Bible, does not use proper names; Adam and his fall refer to more of the concept of human weakness rather than the story of a specific individual. The only way to reconcile the creation story and modern science is for Adam's story to be allegorical.

You’re correct, as much as people try falsely discredit evolution a fact is a fact. ‘If we didn’t know about outer space would it still exist’ argument

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Allah is the creator in both situations, does it really matter?

The story of Adam is not time-bound, its events are meant to be occurring in all tenses – past, present and future – including present continuous.

Adam's story takes place entirely on Earth, there are no references to it being set elsewhere, the whole story is an allegory of the hubris of humanity.

"Adam" is replaced by "Bashar (man)" numerous times throughout the Qur'an and the story eventually identifies Adam as plural, as standing for all humans of all times. How can that not be an obvious allusion to the fact that it's not a literal story?
I respect your view. Tbh I don't know enough to make this discussion meaningful other than to just shoot at the Adam allegory. There's too much direct reference to him as an individual in his creation and Iblis refusing to bow to him. As well his two sons Habil and Qabil to make him an allegorical figure. I'll do some research and we can reboot it since I don't deny evolution honestly.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I bet you believe the world is flat as well and that the Illuminati did 9/11. How is it that in this age of information for a person to be so misinformed?
the flat is round not flat.
9/11 was a pre planned mass murder too many evidence to point to it being an inside job but ofcourse you can't comprehend any of my points since your vision is glued to the mainstream news that if they said poo is healthy for your skin you would give it a try.

Exodus

Alienist
You’re correct, as much as people try falsely discredit evolution a fact is a fact. ‘If we didn’t know about outer space would it still exist’ argument
Either Adam's story is allegorical or else Evolution and Islam are 100% incompatible

Then, we'd have a problem.

What if I told you from a cynical point of view that Athiesm is counterproductive since you waste the political opportunity to control people with religion?? Athiesm doesn't add any value if science isn't being rejected in a society.
And?

I'm interested in the truth not draconian laws which are regressive in nature.

Trending