Are you a believer in God?

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
explain to me because I'm failing to understand what's faulty in what I said.
"you ever been to any of your science classes" Have you? because it doesn't look like it. This ant you keep mentioning is something science, to some extent, already understands.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
"you ever been to any of your science classes" Have you? because it doesn't look like it. This ant you keep mentioning is something science, to some extent, already understands.
who do you think created this ant? explain to me not going to hate.

I believe in Allah because one of the tiniest of creation which is atom has the most complex system for me not to believe the world came by chance. If God did not exist how does water freeze from above and not below? who gave this vital law of physics? Another thing to add woudnt a God want to demonstrate people of his existence and communicate with them and give out laws to be closer to him?

explain to me because I'm failing to understand what's faulty in what I said.

It's circular reasoning. You assume that complexity implies a creator , then you begin describing the complexity of systems and then again claim god exists.

Complexity does not have to be divine, a key example is the randomness of flipping a coin. Due to the chaotic nature of the world its position in the end cannot be ascertained to 100% certainty.

Now let's say I threw 1000 thousand coins on the ground.There is a chance that the coins form the message "I am God". Thus pure randomness could form a message, new information arriving from nothing.

Another reason your premise is wrong is due to the insistence on a living being to have created the universe. God must've come from something, if he hasn't then why couldn't the universe also come from nothing?

Hence you dont apply the rigirous limitations you have setup for the universe on God.

Finally, a God existing does not mean Islam is correct. Islam is riddled with obvious scientific innacuracies and a 7th century Arabian world view of the universe.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
who do you think created this ant? explain to me not going to hate.
You promise you not gonna hate? Okay, this is gonna shock you.
<spoiler> no one </spoiler> Why do I need to explain basic evolution to you man? You can do that yourself, but don't make claims without all the information.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
It's circular reasoning. You assume that complexity implies a creator , then you begin describing the complexity of systems and then again claim god exists.

Complexity does not have to be divine, a key example is the randomness of flipping a coin. Due to the chaotic nature of the world its position in the end cannot be ascertained to 100% certainty.

Now let's say I threw 1000 thousand coins on the ground.There is a chance that the coins form the message "I am God". Thus pure randomness could form a message, new information arriving from nothing.

Another reason your premise is wrong is due to the insistence on a living being to have created the universe. God must've come from something, if he hasn't then why couldn't the universe also come from nothing?

Hence you dont apply the rigirous limitations you have setup for the universe on God.

Finally, a God existing does not mean Islam is correct. Islam is riddled with obvious scientific innacuracies and a 7th century Arabian world view of the universe.
There is nothing inconsistent in what j said yes the entire universe is complex for it to come by chance my belief is that a creator must have created this complex universe. This is what I believe everything I said makes sense to me and to people who believes in a creator. I don't care what you believe in since you have a mind of your own to come to a conclusion. Btw universe being eternal will never make sense to me.

There is nothing inconsistent in what j said yes the entire universe is complex for it to come by chance my belief is that a creator must have created this complex universe. This is what I believe everything I said makes sense to me and to people who believes in a creator. I don't care what you believe in since you have a mind of your own to come to a conclusion. Btw universe being eternal will never make sense to me.
You're talking to an Atheist

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
You promise you not gonna hate? Okay, this is gonna shock you.
<spoiler> no one </spoiler> Why do I need to explain basic evolution to you man? You can do that yourself, but don't make claims without all the information.
evolution kulaha waar pick up a quran and stop following these weird anti religion nerds who is only there to pollute humanity. Feel sorry for your parents.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP

What if I told you from a cynical point of view that Athiesm is counterproductive since you waste the political opportunity to control people with religion?? Athiesm doesn't add any value if science isn't being rejected in a society.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
evolution kulaha please pick up a quran and stop following these weird anti religion nerds who is only there to pollute humanity. Feel sorry for your parents.
Don't feel bad for them, they don't know about any of this. As for following science, I am not doing it blindly, the information just makes sense to me, and I am not rejecting/denying the evidence simply because it is not consistent with my core beliefs. Besides, you asked me to explain something you were conflicted about (e.g. who created the ant) and I simply referred you to something that can explain it, but you are dismissing it without even understanding it. That would imply that you are not interested in things humans can scientifically explain with years of research that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method. Therefore, when you say that an ant is too complex to not have been created by a creator while ignoring any counterarguments, your reasons cannot be sound because they are only one-sided.

Last edited:

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Don't feel bad for them, they don't know about any of this. As for following science, I am not doing it blindly, the information just makes sense to me. But I am not rejecting/denying the evidence simply because it is not consistent with my core beliefs. Besides, you asked me to explain something you were conflicted about (e.g. who created the ant) and I simply referred you to something that could explain it, but you are dismissing it without even understanding it. That would imply that you are not interested in things humans can scientifically explain with years of research that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method.
Your parents deserve to know the truth. So you telling me they will never find out like ever?and i am not ignoring scienctific method I am interested in learning about the human body and ants

Exodus

Alienist
Nope, Allah created Adam and Hawa which produced Mankind, not this evolution which has been debunked. Are you Muslim btw?
I am a Muslim. Islam is not directly incompatible with evolution, it's an ongoing debate.

Evolution is a fact, the fact we have still have numerous vestigial remnants of our body (like the tailbone, appendix, wisdom tooth) is proof. Humans obviously don't have tails to help us move through the treetops and balance on long branches, but a common ancestor did, and this is proof that humans have removed parts of the body deemed redundant in order to adapt to their environment over the millions of years.

Your own body is literally proof of evolution.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I am a Muslim. Islam is not directly incompatible with evolution, it's an ongoing debate.

Evolution is a fact, the fact we have still have numerous vestigial remnants of our body (like the tailbone, appendix, wisdom tooth) is proof. Humans obviously don't have tails to help us move through the treetops and balance on long branches, but a common ancestor did, and this is proof that humans have removed parts of the body deemed redundant in order to adapt to their environment over the millions of years.
“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was”

Exodus

Alienist
“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was”
The story of the creation of Adam is allegorical, so it does not directly contrast with the theory of evolution

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Your parents deserve to know the truth. So you telling me they will never find out like ever?and i am not ignoring scienctific method I am interested in learning about the human body and ants
"evolution kulaha please pick up a quran and stop following these weird anti religion nerds who is only there to pollute humanity. Feel sorry for your parents." This is how you feel about science but you're interested in learning about the human body. Be consistent, please. The reason why my parents don't need to know is that it'll just go over their heads. It doesn't mean that I am ashamed of what I believe, I am still a Muslim.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
The story of the creation of Adam is allegorical, so it does not directly contrast with the theory of evolution
It's not an allegorical story. It's meant to be taken literally lmao don't play the allegorical game with scripture you either buy it or you dont

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP

“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”
[al-Saaffaat 37:11]
(nothing metaphorical about the countless of verses in the quran that clearly states humans are made out of clay)

Biological Engineers from Cornell University's department for Nanoscale Science in New York state believe clay 'might have been the birthplace of life on Earth'.

Exodus

Alienist
It's not an allegorical story. It's meant to be taken literally lmao don't play the allegorical game with scripture you either buy it or you dont
(2:21-30; cf. And We have created you (plural), then fashioned you (plural), then told the Forces: Fall you prostrate before Adam! 7:11)

"Adam" is used as plural to refer to all of man, it's an allegorical story when you actually try to read it and not just memorize it.

Trending