Are you a believer in God?

I want to know your reasons of belief /disbelief in God.

I believe in a creator because I have never witnessed/heard of anything complex being produced by a mindless process.

#2 infinite regression

For those who don't know what infinite regression is, it basically means an infinite seat of events cannot arrive at event X because there is an infinite seat of events before event X. Therefore the world connot be the results of an infinite series of events.

Let's this be a discussion rather than a debate. Also remember this is not about religion or morality but rather belief in a supreme creator.

Last edited:
I believe in God because I'm convinced. Who created the earth? who created the universe and the billions of galaxies that exist? who created your body and how your heart works? Who made you breathe and gave you eyes? who made the ocean, air, mountains and trees?

There's obviously a divine being who made all of this and to suggest that no divine being exists is false.

That's why I'm convinced God exists and believe in him. I won't talk about why I believe in Religion or Morality since this thread isn't about that. It's about why we believe in God.

I am not against the idea of there being a "creator". There is a consensus among people that God have to have a set of characteristics like god has to be fair, kind and just. In my opinion, if there is a creator he is nothing like we imagine and he has no obligation to us. He doesn't have to be fair, he doesn't have to be present nor does he have to punish us. I feel like Religion humanizes god too much by saying things like he is this and that and claiming that there are limits to his power (he can't be human) ect.

blade99

FLOATING IN SPACE

I believe in a creator because I have never witnessed/heard of anything complex being produced by a mindless process.

#2 infinite regression

For those who don't know what infinite regression is, it basically means an infinite seat of events cannot arrive at event X because there is an infinite seat of events before event X. Therefore the world connot be the results of an infinite series of events.

Let's this be a discussion rather than a debate. Also remember this is not about religion or morality but rather belief in a supreme creator.
WENT TO THE UAE FOR VACATION WENT FOR A DESERT TOUR IN A ALL WHEEL DRIVE SUV AND SAW A JIN STANDING ON ITS LEGS SAND DUNE THE TOUR GUIDE STARTED READING QURAN AND IT DISAPPEARED
ALWAYS BELIEVED IN GOD BUT THAT WAS THE SEAL OF BELIEF FOR ME I WAS 20 AT THE TIME
BLACK DOG FORM READ ABOUT JIN FORMS

I am not against the idea of there being a "creator". There is a consensus among people that God have to have a set of characteristics like god has to be fair, kind and just. In my opinion, if there is a creator he is nothing like we imagine and he has no obligation to us. He doesn't have to be fair, he doesn't have to be present nor does he have to punish us. I feel like Religion humanizes god too much by saying things like he is this and that and claiming that there are limits to his power (he can't be human) ect.
Did you leave Islam? So you're an apostate?

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
And i firmly believe that reality isnt some random coincidence but that it was planned
by something all mighty and all knowing.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Nothing has ever appeared out of nowhere. I believe that Allah SWT is the originator of all of existence. I view Allah SWT as the True Reality. I think some people confuse the power of God with the anthropomorphic characteristics given to Him by some humans. He is beyond our comprehension. All we can know about Him is in the Quran

I agree, trying to understand god and his ways leads to insanity.

However, i think that the easiest way to connect with god (infinity)
is to be aware and stay in the present moment.

This is what prayers and rituals do, it centers you in the now.
From salat to meditation etc.

The present moment is always there, its always aware, timeless and limitless.

Are there specific reasons for you not believing in God?

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
I agree, trying to understand god and his ways leads to insanity.

However, i think that the easiest way to connect with god (infinity)
is to be aware and stay in the present moment.

This is what prayers and rituals do, it centers you in the now.
From salat to meditation etc.

The present moment is always there, its always aware, timeless and limitless.
Exactly

Are there specific reasons for you not believing in God?

When I was younger I use to follow religion blindly. As I grew older and grew more curious I started to immerse myself in Islamic content to learn more. In the beginning, I was afraid and limited my sources to the mainstream Islamic media outlet. Then I fell down a rabbit hole and saw the complexity of Islam and realised that everything wasn't black and white rather there is a lot of grey clouds hovering over Islamic history. I panned out my previous view of Islam and started to see it in a different light. I tried to make sense of the inconsistencies I found and even went thru a quranist and (not fully ) Shia phase. Religion aside, what really drove me to insanity (and still does) is trying to understand god. I tried to understand the god of Islam and other religions but couldn't help but see the human element in those interpretations of god.

I wouldn't consider myself to be an atheist since I don't actually know whether he exists or not. I have however developed a more nihilistic worldview mostly based on sheer emotions. I don't feel like we matter or that we humans are as significant as we would like to think. Seeing things from a nihilistic perspective made me see things completely different. Religion and believing in God gives you a significant status over all other beings and that's why people get drawn to it. I started understanding that when I realised that not baring any existential meaning is very dissatisfying. I have this desire within me that craves meaning and I think that that same desire exists in everyone else and it draws them to an explanation, a god and a religious that provides them with that and which they find solace in.

#2 infinite regression

#1:Mountains are produced through the random movement of plates. This is essence mindless and develops a complex mountain structure.

Also for #1 we have witnessed the formation of planets through random gravitational collisions.

#2 infinite regression is not solved by God only. If God always exists then the universe can be the same.