any somalis here tried alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
AbdiJohnson, do you know that if you drink half a pint of absolute vodka a day (even if you binge 1 pint every 2 days) you will end up with liver damage in a few years and cirrhosis in just 10 years?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
It just smells terrible

That's probably beer. A lot of the cocktails are OK.

Jagerbombs spiced up with some MDMA at the University club nights were a common theme with the mates, so I only liked drinking for partying, casual drinking would have turned me into an alcoholic, just as casual smoking turned me into a smoker

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
If we use your litmus test (judging a belief by it's followers) then Islam is not just deeply flawed but catastrophically flawed.
War a few word ba gaaloda kuso bareen markas bu isku moodey smart, war meel naga fadhiso umada illahay amaan sii.

If Alcohol was halal, then i'd go for Ciroc, Hennessy. But as a Muslim who prays 5 times a day, then the last thing i'd want, is to be praying in a drunken state. Alcohol was halal, before and during the Prophets SAW era. The reason why it was banned is simply because first, it effects your health system, second you can't pray in a sane state, and due to other negative problems. The moment the verse was raveled to the prophet and Alcohol was banned, no one took another sip, and everyone poured it away.

At first, a general warning was given to forbid Muslims from attending prayers while in a drunken state (Quran, 4:43). Then a later verse was revealed to Prophet Muhammad which said that while specifically alcohol had some medicinal benefits, the negative effects of it outweighed the good (Quran, 2:219).

Finally, “intoxicants and gambling” were called “abominations of Satan’s handiwork,” which warned people with self-consciousness to not turn away from God and forget about prayer, and Muslims were ordered to abstain (Quran, 5:90-91).

The Prophet Muhammad also instructed his companions to avoid any intoxicating substances (paraphrased), “if it intoxicates in a large amount, it is forbidden even in a small amount.” For this reason, most observant Muslims avoid alcohol in any form, even small amounts that are sometimes used in cooking.

Alcohol and prayer do not mix. Prayer (salat) is a fundamental part of the Muslim lifestyle, an obligatory call to God five times a day. A ritual eco “wudhu” (woo-dhoo) is necessary before the prayer which involves a water saving ablution to spiritually connect to environment, health and creation. The presence of alcohol in the same room does not affect the prayer, according to Islamic scholars, but anyone who drinks alcohol cannot pray for a month, unless he or she repents.

dhagax

no comments
Yes I drink occasionally. Somalis condemn alcohol not for religious reasons but cultural. A lot of Somalis that arrived during the 90's do drink they just hide it. They all fear being the talk of the town. Somalis should stop being so judgmental. And Khat is much worse than a person that can moderately drink.
images

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........
Hadaanu nahay dad Somaali ah oo Muslimiinah Alcohol waa naga Xaaraam, in other news the sky is blue.

dhagax

no comments
There was this Somali lady when ever she gets drunk she becomes hardcore qabiilist and sexual :hova:.
so one day i was in a restaurant eating late lunch and next to me was odeyaan drinking tea laughing and talking somali politics. all of a sadden this lady walks in and say "waryaa half kota kota isii aabahaa wase" the whole restuarant went silent. She looks to her right and saw the odayaan looking at her confused, she walks towards them she pulls her baati up and flashes and says "laabtaan sifiican ufiirsada hargayahow "

odayaashii run all direction cups broken tea spilled, it was chaos :chrisfreshhah:

First time seeing drunk somali female and i horrified :wtf:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
There was this Somali lady when ever she gets drunk she becomes hardcore qabiilist and sexual :hova:.
so one day i was in a restaurant eating late lunch and next to me was odeyaan drinking tea laughing and talking somali politics. all of a sadden this lady walks in and say "waryaa half kota kota isii aabahaa wase" the whole restuarant went silent. She looks to her right and saw the odayaan looking at her confused, she walks towards them she pulls her baati up and flashes and says "laabtaan sifiican ufiirsada hargayahow "

odayaashii run all direction cups broken tea spilled, it was chaos :chrisfreshhah:

First time seeing drunk somali female and i horrified :wtf:

:dead::dead::dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending