Always listen to Hooyo! High-Profile Divorce Case.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
That study is rather old the newest reference on there was from 2013 perhaps there has been new developments which is being referenced in that tt.

Are there any research papers on the topic that are up to date?
There was a recent study done by the University of Edinburgh, as well as Penn Medicine. They are both locked though, so I'll need to access some free copies. I'll need some time.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Y’all are taking about mehr when they clearly had children out of wedlock. I looked at the movies she was in and it’s major a side eye for me. Gaalo pleaser.
:reallymaury:
I don’t think she’s even Muslim.
:manny:

Y’all are taking about mehr when they clearly had children out of wedlock. I looked at the movies she was in and it’s major a side eye for me. Gaalo pleaser.
What's the problem? A muslim man can have relations with non-muslim women and sidetings

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
What's the problem? A muslim man can have relations with non-muslim women and sidetings
I made a long reply but I deleted it. I need you to stop spreading lies and fitnah on an odd night during the last 10 days. Have some shame.

You’d push such nonsense because you’re the type to end up like that. Uff.

I made a long reply but I deleted it. I need you to stop spreading lies and fitnah on an odd night during the last 10 days. Have some shame.

You’d push such nonsense because you’re the type to end up like that. Uff.
Alhamdulillah muslim men are permitted to have relations with whatever their right hand possess :rejoice:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Alhamdulillah muslim men are permitted to have relations with whatever their right hand possess :rejoice:
You’re so pathetic There’s no such a thing as right hand in the 21st century. Go work out your asian gfs flat ass in the gym because that’s the closest you’re getting to a sex slave. You Probably keep her locked up in the basement, you little weirdo.

:francis:
@Angelina come collect your mans
:hahaidiot:

She appears to be less religious than him, even though he's not strictly practicing either. But most North Africans in the West (maybe except Egyptians) are not very religious. So I'm not shocked :sass2:

You’re so pathetic There’s no such a thing as right hand in the 21st century. Go work out your asian gfs flat ass in the gym because that’s the closest you’re getting to sex slave

:francis:
@Angelina come collect your mans
:hahaidiot:
Says who, if she agrees what's the problem? Thankfully you can't make haram what Ar-Rahman made halal. :banderas:

On point (2 [1]), how about intellectually? Should an educated man marry an uneducated lady, and vice versa? If no, where would the world be?
It’s not all about the degrees. An uneducated person can have great morals and be intellectually superior, while an educated person can be ignorant and evil. Marriage is all about having a solid foundation where you both communicate and compromise. Both of you should be strongly financially independent , have similar values and you do not resent each others success or careers(with or without degree)

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
I thought meher had to be given during the wedding or beginning of marriage? :what1:
If the mehr is quite big, e.g., more than 5k then I think a lot of men would pay the wife in installments. Paying that much at once is not really a good financial decision as you still need money for the wedding and honeymoon.
I don't know where the "Somali women only receive mehr when they get divorced" came from but all the women I know either got their mehr before the wedding or while married.
Some guys will regret on the day of Qiyammah when they are confronted over a unpaid mehr.

It’s not all about the degrees. An uneducated person can have great morals and be intellectually superior, while an educated person can be ignorant and evil. Marriage is all about having a solid foundation where you both communicate and compromise. Both of you should be strongly financially independent , have similar values and you do not resent each others success or careers(with or without degree)
I would agree with the spirit of your point, and agree it takes more than degrees to sustain a sound marriage. And with that, I am refuting one of my previous arguments. Lovely.

Perhaps I could have qualified what I meant by 'educated', for I was not equating degrees alone with education, albeit with knowledge, in modern times, we tend to use degrees to measure one's level of knowledge, yet I know some of the wisest amongst us have no bespoke qualifications, or degrees to speak of.

Further, I tend to draw a linear distinction between 'knowledge' vs 'wisdom', and I think if I am not mistaken, you are referring to wisdom.

I think couples should be willing to grow together. But if one is interested in mental growth and the other is not, that is a sign of incompatability?
True, yet to remedy the imbalance, and narrow the incompatibility, the learnt one could teach / educate the other, could one not? If only we could remove 'ego' & 'annaniyah' out of the way.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts