28f Toronto Somali woman really struggling to make friends and find a husband

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I honestly think it might make a come back in the west. Itโ€™s really bad here in Toronto and the worst part is it feels like no one even cares. You spend your whole life doing right by your parents/community and then when you need help theyโ€™ll pick tradition over your happiness. It sucks because how can a delinquent be able to fix up and easily get married someone he actually wants when you stayed away from haram and struggle so much to do so.

I honestly think it might make a come back in the west. Itโ€™s really bad here in Toronto and the worst part is it feels like no one even cares. You spend your whole life doing right by your parents/community and then when you need help theyโ€™ll pick tradition over your happiness. It sucks because how can a delinquent be able to fix up and easily get married someone he actually wants when you stayed away from haram and struggle so much to do so.
The masjid is your best bet and get the sisters you meet there to expand your pool for you I'm sure you'll meet better brothers in that setting and ignore whatever Mrlog has to say on all this. (The guy is more then a bit weird)

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Hey!

Ramadan Mubarak everyone I hope youโ€™re all having a good Ramadan and your last 10 days have been fruitful!
I just wanted some advice. Iโ€™ve been a loner and depressed from 18-24 and then Covid happened which made it really hard to keep any friends. Mentally I feel like Iโ€™m still in high school. I was wondering if you guys knew of any way to meet new Somali women in the city and make new friends? I donโ€™t have ig or any social media apps.

Iโ€™ve also been searching for a husband on the apps for the last 4 years but itโ€™s been very difficult. Most are either fobs or they donโ€™t take me serious and it never goes anywhere :(

I also get no support from family since they thinks itโ€™s ceeb to search for their daughters. I really donโ€™t know what to do here as well since itโ€™s not like itโ€™s going to get any easier finding someone in my 30s.

I want to enjoy my youth a bit since Iโ€™ve lost most of it to being depressed. Any advice is welcome!
Sis I will pray for you. As someone who has crept out of the depressive hold after the pandemic years I can understand the struggles of trying to jump start a life that was on pause for a while.

The way people often make friends is meeting a person consistently at a certain place. School has made this prospect easy for us as we were all locked in a building for 6 hours a day. As a adult you could find friends in the mosque, local activities or even work.

You should check out and seek from other cities. I know Toronto somali dudes got a bad rep. You can try the states or other parts of Canada. Many ppl are open to that

Yaraye

VIP
Sis idk if itโ€™s just the apps but the ones here lack even basic decency and social skills. Iโ€™m always respectful and engaging and even the most average of them will move like bad b as if Iโ€™m supposed to chase them. Then they get upset when I rightfully end things.

back home is not really an option for me. Everyone who wanted to come to the west has already left and the rest donโ€™t want to come to Canada they think itโ€™s rafaad over here. Theyโ€™re not wrong lol.
So, I'm not the only one that noticed this :gaasdrink: this gen of men (not all obviously :rolleyes:) sure act like women :browtf:

No Iโ€™ve had some conversations where the guys give one word responses and no enthusiasm even over the phone. Iโ€™m generally a likeable person. They donโ€™t bother asking me any questions and donโ€™t put in any type of effort outside of โ€œhowโ€™s your dayโ€. People speak well about me at work and in the past so I know itโ€™s not my personality. And I take care of myself so I know Iโ€™m not ugly.

I honestly disagree about women having it easier. Sure men have lower standards but that also means why they have a bigger pool to choose from which results in them not feeling like they have to put in much effort knowing that if this talking stage fails theyโ€™ll always be more women
Men have lower standards because they have no choice (beggars canโ€™t be choosers). Itโ€™s definitely way harder for men. Anyways just expand your social circle, keep on the lookout, read dua and youโ€™ll easily find someone dw.

Damn, I knew Somali women were struggling to get married but I didn't know it was this bad. I wonder what's the cause.

Hey!

Ramadan Mubarak everyone I hope youโ€™re all having a good Ramadan and your last 10 days have been fruitful!
I just wanted some advice. Iโ€™ve been a loner and depressed from 18-24 and then Covid happened which made it really hard to keep any friends. Mentally I feel like Iโ€™m still in high school. I was wondering if you guys knew of any way to meet new Somali women in the city and make new friends? I donโ€™t have ig or any social media apps.

Iโ€™ve also been searching for a husband on the apps for the last 4 years but itโ€™s been very difficult. Most are either fobs or they donโ€™t take me serious and it never goes anywhere :(

I also get no support from family since they thinks itโ€™s ceeb to search for their daughters. I really donโ€™t know what to do here as well since itโ€™s not like itโ€™s going to get any easier finding someone in my 30s.

I want to enjoy my youth a bit since Iโ€™ve lost most of it to being depressed. Any advice is welcome!

First of all donโ€™t feel alone, there is a pandemic of loneliness in the west at the moment, many many people have no one to talk to ever. The number one killer is loneliness. People underestimate it and thereโ€™s a stigma around it, but itโ€™s a real issue.

I resonate a lot with some of what youโ€™ve said, mainly the depression and loneliness. Am a guy so itโ€™s even harder to make friends I donโ€™t have any at the moment but alhamdulila I am married with kids and occupy my time with my family mansha allah. As for depression eating healthy, excercise and prayer will cure you. Also pray tahajud and do lots of istaghfar..

As far as marriage goes, would you consider going to Somalia to find a spouse? hear me out, I know a young somali sister who found herself a very educated young brother who was born and bred in Somalia, she bought him over he catched up quick and now works in tech, you would never think he came here in his 20s.

Donโ€™t think all guys in Somalia are beneath you, there are many good looking educated brothers.

donโ€™t delay any more than you have to. I will pray for you sis!

The masjid is your best bet and get the sisters you meet there to expand your pool for you I'm sure you'll meet better brothers in that setting and ignore whatever Mrlog has to say on all this. (The guy is more then a bit weird)
Thank you walaal I wasnโ€™t aware that he was like that.
First of all donโ€™t feel alone, there is a pandemic of loneliness in the west at the moment, many many people have no one to talk to ever. The number one killer is loneliness. People underestimate it and thereโ€™s a stigma around it, but itโ€™s a real issue.

I resonate a lot with some of what youโ€™ve said, mainly the depression and loneliness. Am a guy so itโ€™s even harder to make friends I donโ€™t have any at the moment but alhamdulila I am married with kids and occupy my time with my family mansha allah. As for depression eating healthy, excercise and prayer will cure you. Also pray tahajud and do lots of istaghfar..

As far as marriage goes, would you consider going to Somalia to find a spouse? hear me out, I know a young somali sister who found herself a very educated young brother who was born and bred in Somalia, she bought him over he catched up quick and now works in tech, you would never think he came here in his 20s.

Donโ€™t think all guys in Somalia are beneath you, there are many good looking educated brothers.

donโ€™t delay any more than you have to. I will pray for you sis!
how does one go about doing this though. I feel like a man can go back and people will actually try to set him up with women I doubt theyโ€™d do it the other way around when they donโ€™t even do that here.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Hey!

My advice is become a nun Musliima

:camby:

Thank you walaal I wasnโ€™t aware that he was like that.

how does one go about doing this though. I feel like a man can go back and people will actually try to set him up with women I doubt theyโ€™d do it the other way around when they donโ€™t even do that here.
You need to get in contact with sisters who can get your name around same thing with back home get connected and make friends with people like yourself and they will help if you ask them to set you up.

I'm confused tho. Over where I'm from I'm aware of girls who's mother's help them look for guys And there is nothing ceeb about getting help from parents. You should pressure them to help. Generally girls in the same situation as yourself or really sheltered/introverted have parental help

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts