23andMe or AncestryDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Rarely though and that kid has a typical habesha face with the eyes.
Bad argument though
Regardless it doesn't make sense to take one kid as an example and then say "Uhh how come you guys sometimes look like this then?"
Phenotype and genotype don't always match up. The Ethiopian faarax (Can't @ you because of your name lol) here is right, Tigrayans and other Habesha groups are 40% NA/ME on average in terms of DNA. That ancestry tends to be more recent but it's pretty similar to other HOA groups, maybe 5-10% higher on average.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Regardless it doesn't make sense to take one kid as an example and then say "Uhh how come you guys sometimes look like this then?"
Phenotype and genotype don't always match up. The Ethiopian faarax (Can't @ you because of your name lol) here is right, Tigrayans and other Habesha groups are 40% NA/ME on average in terms of DNA. That ancestry tends to be more recent but it's pretty similar to other HOA groups, maybe 5-10% higher on average.
:nvjpqts:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
How can you look like this then if you are 70% east african?
img_5995-jpg.11618

This kid is 100 % Somali from my sub clan. Children often grow up to look very different at an older age.

Why do somali score 95% east african then? There are some small clear difference

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Why do somali score 95% east african then? There are some small clear difference
Calculator effect. Somalis used to score similarly to habeshas on 23andme and AncestryDNA, the only difference is now they've got a reference population of 12 (only 12) Maasais to compare the Somalis to, meaning you'd come up as >95% East African. These DNA websites aren't useful for examining the ethnic makeup of a specific group.

I've explained this probably 20 times on this site :pachah1:

Calculator effect. Somalis used to score similarly to habeshas on 23andme and AncestryDNA, the only difference is now they've got a reference population of 12 (only 12) Maasais to compare the Somalis to, meaning you'd come up as >95% East African. These DNA websites aren't useful for examining the ethnic makeup of a specific group.

I've explained this probably 20 times on this site :pachah1:
Wrong. Infact reference pops should affect each group equally. They have found dna common in east africa in the masai population and somalis show that they have this marker.
There is no reason why habash would get different to somalis if they are so similar, they both are put against the same reference sample. East african markers show up more in somalis then habesh
It is not a competition btw

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
How do you know he is 100%?

All i was saying like @Dire Dewa's son is the habash have too much arab blood that is all
"Here is a habesha kid, he looks very Arab and is 100% habesha"
"Oh, that is a Somali kid who looks very South Asian? How do you know that he's fully Somali?"

You've just proven how pointless it is using images of individuals from very large ethnic groups to prove how mixed they are :snoop:

"Here is a habesha kid, he looks very Arab and is 100% habesha"
"Oh, that is a Somali kid who looks very South Asian? How do you know that he's fully Somali?"

You've just proven how pointless it is using images of individuals from very large ethnic groups to prove how mixed they are :snoop:
He does look south asian but not arab as what i assumed this was all about

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Wrong. Infact reference pops should affect each group equally. They have found dna common in east africa in the masai population and somalis show that they have this marker.
There is no reason why habash would get different to somalis if they are so similar, they both are put against the same reference sample. East african markers show up more in somalis then habesh
It is not a competition btw
But Somalis are also much less than 95% East African. DNA studies have shown that they have up to 35% ancient Middle Eastern admixture. Granted it's much older than the Arab DNA found in Habeshas, but we aren't 95% East African.

Also, Habesha are shown differently because their admixture is more recent than ours. Our "Arab" (even though it's pre-Arab) DNA has been in our genome for so long the software basically registers it as East African. Haplogroups like T and N that aren't indigenous to Africa are lumped in as Somali/East African.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
He does look south asian but not arab as what i assumed this was all about
Arab or South Asian, my point still stands. There's no point using individual images of specific people from the ethnic groups. It will get you nowhere sxb. Your other arguments about DNA carry much more weight than this.

But Somalis are also much less than 95% East African. DNA studies have shown that they have up to 35% ancient Middle Eastern admixture. Granted it's much older than the Arab DNA found in Habeshas, but we aren't 95% East African.

Also, Habesha are shown differently because their admixture is more recent than ours. Our "Arab" (even though it's pre-Arab) DNA has been in our genome for so long the software basically registers it as East African. Haplogroups like T and N that aren't indigenous to Africa are lumped in as Somali/East African.

This is just excuses. Its obvious the arab dna is just as old in both groups, they are right next to each other......
Ive seen dna studies that show what youve said though u r right, but it shows oromos as having more too

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
This is just excuses. Its obvious the arab dna is just as old in both groups, they are right next to each other......
Ive seen dna studies that show what youve said though u r right, but it shows oromos as having more too
"Just as old"
Are you serious? The Arab DNA in Ethiopians in general is much more recent, as proven by the fact that they carry the J haplogroup, a common Arab marker.
Meanwhile, it's virtually nonexistent in Somalis, instead replaced by haplogroups like T and N. This proves that the population we are mixed with existed well before 'Arabs' as a population were even around, and carried these vaguely West Asian haplogroups rather than any modern Arab ones.
Also there are multiple studies that trace our West Asian genes to the neolithic, AKA 3-5000 years ago. They're also very similar to Ancient Levantine (Lebanese, Syrian, etc) populations, whereas the Arab genes in habeshas is more Yemeni/South Arabian.

"Just as old"
Are you serious? The Arab DNA in Ethiopians in general is much more recent, as proven by the fact that they carry the J haplogroup, a common Arab marker.
Meanwhile, it's virtually nonexistent in Somalis, instead replaced by haplogroups like T and N. This proves that the population we are mixed with existed well before 'Arabs' as a population were even around, and carried these vaguely West Asian haplogroups rather than any modern Arab ones.
Also there are multiple studies that trace our West Asian genes to the neolithic, AKA 3-5000 years ago. They're also very similar to Ancient Levantine (Lebanese, Syrian, etc) populations, whereas the Arab genes in habeshas is more Yemeni/South Arabian.
Then why do you label it Arab if its not Arab? we are talking about a long time ago

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Then why do you label it Arab if its not Arab? we are talking about a long time ago
That's my mistake. "Arab" is just easier to type than "Ancient Pre-Arab Middle Easterners". It's like the difference between having Mehri genes and having Arab genes today. Both are Middle Eastern, but just one is "Arab".

When you post your DNA results and negros attack you for having majoriyy north African blood and not southeast bantus like in the Somali videos :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts