23andMe or AncestryDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_5995-jpg.11618

This kid is 100 % Somali from my sub clan. Children often grow up to look very different at an older age.
That's a stupid argument lol, there are Somalis who look very much like this kid but I don't see you arguing that we're not majority east african :bell:

2919624-tumblr_inline_olfeklr0mx1r76lqg_500.gif

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
somalis that look like that kid are not majority or even 50% east african. if your referring to minorities then how would they have any significant east african blood? bantus excluded.
>Somalis that don't look East African aren't East African
I don't know the details about this kid but I've seen quite a few straight up Indian/Arab looking Somalis that are 100% Somali. We have quite a bit of diversity in our physical appearance as an ethnic group. We don't all look like your average faarax or xalimo.

>Somalis that don't look East African aren't East African
I don't know the details about this kid but I've seen quite a few straight up Indian/Arab looking Somalis that are 100% Somali. We have quite a bit of diversity in our physical appearance as an ethnic group. We don't all look like your average faarax or xalimo.
what is indian or arab looking? hair type? or features?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
what is indian or arab looking? hair type? or features?
Both? Somalis that are often mistaken, even by other Somalis, for other ethnicities such as Indian or Arab.
Obviously this'd be hair type, features and skin tone, or a combination of the three. We don't all look like Barkhad Abdi.

"Just as old"
Are you serious? The Arab DNA in Ethiopians in general is much more recent, as proven by the fact that they carry the J haplogroup, a common Arab marker.
Meanwhile, it's virtually nonexistent in Somalis, instead replaced by haplogroups like T and N. This proves that the population we are mixed with existed well before 'Arabs' as a population were even around, and carried these vaguely West Asian haplogroups rather than any modern Arab ones.
Also there are multiple studies that trace our West Asian genes to the neolithic, AKA 3-5000 years ago. They're also very similar to Ancient Levantine (Lebanese, Syrian, etc) populations, whereas the Arab genes in habeshas is more Yemeni/South Arabian.

Very well put. Although I would use the term "Arabian" instead of "Arab", as the latter has ethnic denotations.

One thing I'm confused about is who do Habesha have such high arabian/middle-eastern percentages on 23andme? 23andme only measures your ancestry within the last 500 years. There have been no significant population movements from Arabia into the How in the last two thousand years. It seems to imply that they have very recent (within the last 500-1000 years) middle-eastern ancestry, which makes no sense. Weren't the south Semitic speaking peoples from southern Arabia in the How much earlier than that?

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Very well put. Although I would use the term "Arabian" instead of "Arab", as the latter has ethnic denotations.

One thing I'm confused about is who do Habesha have such high arabian/middle-eastern percentages on 23andme? 23andme only measures your ancestry within the last 500 years. There have been no significant population movements from Arabia into the How in the last two thousand years. It seems to imply that they have very recent (within the last 500-1000 years) middle-eastern ancestry, which makes no sense. Weren't the south Semitic speaking peoples from southern Arabia in the How much earlier than that?
I think there is error here because it's obvious no mixing occurred after Axum was finished.

Apollo

VIP
Clearly 23andMe. It's not even close. 23andMe covers like 700,000-900,000 base pairs and is more scientific.

You should not give much credence to these fake commercial clusters. They are not scientific. They just add and remove groups as they please. It's not based on science. A Pashtun from Afghanistan and a Tamil from Sri Lanka are both ''100% South Asian'' on 23andme despite the big racial difference. 23andMe has unscientific clusters it picked out itself.

The genomic data is 100% legit. You can download your raw data and let is be analyzed by unbiased outside third parties. Plus you get to check your SNPs for disease risk.

23andMe is better.

I thought it measured much older than 500 years?

Another user mentioned how it works in this thread I think

Clearly 23andMe. It's not even close. 23andMe covers like 700,000-900,000 base pairs and is more scientific.

You should not give much credence to these fake commercial clusters. They are not scientific. They just add and remove groups as they please. It's not based on science. A Pashtun from Afghanistan and a Tamil from Sri Lanka are both ''100% South Asian'' on 23andme despite the big racial difference. 23andMe has unscientific clusters it picked out itself.

The genomic data is 100% legit. You can download your raw data and let is be analyzed by unbiased outside third parties. Plus you get to check your SNPs for disease risk.

23andMe is better.

That's good, I've sent off my 23andMe anyways, it's in the labs now, just waiting.:icon rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts