16 y/o Somali Girl wins full scholarship to prestigious private school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
It's literally for your own sake though tbh.
lel.png

I have a hard time believing this is acceptable in of our culture.

What book is this saxib?

The inferiority complex is real. These kids would believe these reports written by these westerners if they said they were directly descendant from goats as well.

Reer abityaasha waa la dhowra. That's how Somali culture has always been. It's ceeb for opposing reer abtiyaal to even refer to their nephews as "ina hebel hebel" forget anything else. Don't normalize the wicked and depraved behavior of yours and a handful of other clans who murdered their own maternal uncles and cousins in cold blood and shocked elders all across the Somali peninsula.

@Nin xun It reminds me of stuff u see on animal planet, lion documentary. When a male lion kills a rival and takes over his pride. The first thing he does is killing of the cubs sired by the other male.

How r u going to act like animals :what1:

Guys it was one sole incident happened 100 year ago and does not reflect whole society. It is like judging whole ethnic group by one isloted incident.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The inferiority complex is real. These kids would believe these reports written by these westerners if they said they were directly descendant from goats as well.

Reer abityaasha waa la dhowra. That's how Somali culture has always been. It's ceeb for opposing reer abtiyaal to even refer to their nephews as "ina hebel hebel" forget anything else. Don't normalize the wicked and depraved behavior of yours and a handful of other clans who murdered their own maternal uncles and cousins in cold blood and shocked elders all across the Somali peninsula.

:dwill:

a-are you defending us?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I've seen that happen. My friend's mom is Isaq, their father was something else (passed away a few years ago, but they were close with the father), but the kids rep Somaliland hard. Aren't u supposed to rep and identify with ur dad's side? How common is it? There is another example of this in my family. If I wanted to analyze anecdotes, it would seem children with Isaq mothers rep their mother's side the loudest
Non sense, my family have married Isaaq women(other than my father) for generations but we are proud Dhulbahante.

Waryahe let's put aside qabyaalad and congratulate the girl and her mother :siilaanyolaugh:
No joke they should be congratulated.
Nadia Hassan whose family led the war in Somalia has won a scholarship to the leading private school that Kate Middleton and Samantha Cameron attended.

Nadia Hassan, 16, a comprehensive school girl from one of London’s poorest areas, has been accepted to Marlborough College.

She impressed school leaders after taking her GCSEs in maths and core science a year early and getting A* grades in both – with similar results expected when she takes the rest next summer.

The teenager, who also has two brothers, will be following in the footsteps of privileged young women including the Duchess of Cambridge and her sister Pippa.

Nadia lives in a council house in Leyton, East London, which has some of the city’s most deprived communities and has been blighted by gang violence.

She said yesterday: ‘To think that I will be getting the same quality of education as a princess got sort of blows your mind a little bit. When I walked into the courtyard it felt like I was in a dream. It seemed like a different world from my home in Leyton.

‘You don’t get buildings like that around here. It was a bit intimidating. But I know that if you want to get into the elite top jobs, you have to get used to it, and that’s something I’m willing to do.’

Nadia’s mother Kaltun Bulbul, 46, fled Somalia in 1987 to live with family in the United Arab Emirates. She married in 1993 and came to Britain with her husband, but the couple later separated and he went back to Somalia.

She brought up her four children alone, and had to give up work to care for Nadia’s younger brother, who has autism and ADHD.

Nadia said: ‘Gangs used to occupy the area a few years back. It was worrying, but I wasn’t outside a lot when I was younger. I was just at home reading books.’

She showed early signs of talent. ‘I began to speak before my first birthday and my first language was English rather than Somali, because I used to watch TV quite a lot,’ she said.

Her mother saved to pay for extra maths tuition for her, and at the age of eight she was completing work for 11-year-olds. She excelled in all her subjects at Riverley Primary School.

Her hooyo did great as a single mom, and Nadia did great for not losing track. Mashaallah they deserve all the praise they can get. The father deserves none.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Claiming your mother's qabil is a thing? :hmm: It vaguely makes sense if you're iska dhal and you were raised by your mother as a single parent. It's a bit ceeb though, no?

The fact that people are obsessing over a 16-year old girls life, when she has done better than all of you in worse conditions, is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending